Bournemouth (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Really bad  from Roos but beyond stupid to play the ball into the centre of the goal like that we don’t deserve anything doing that and if that’s an instruction from the coaches then crazy 

Yes the goal kicks are stupid. I don't understand them.

Lots of other clubs do it.

That one would have been fine of Roos didn't have the touch of a baby elephant.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

People will blame Roos for that stupid, crazy goal, but it is entirely the fault of the coaching staff. What a stupid way to play. I'm also disappointed with Davies. Passing across the six-yard area with 4 Bournemouth players around our box. When they're pressing so high, just go long and cut all their players out of the game. Overload them further up the pitch.

Utterly senseless and ridiculous.

Actually 100% agree. It can't be Roos and Davies choosing to do this tactic, yes Roos made a bad touch.

But all this poo must come from the Coaches and Rooney, telling them to play like this and do some poo crazy goal kick routine

3 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

Yes it was poor from Roos but why do we continue to set him up to fail like that?

Can someone with better tactical insight than me explain what we hope to achieve with those bizarre goal kick routines? We have been doing it all season but nothing positive ever comes from them. I genuinely don’t get it!

It’s on the clipboard.

Just now, Ramarena said:

As much as people will criticise Roos.

They've obviously been told to do that tactically. 

Roos received the ball with two Brentford players on top of him. Any slight mistake was doomed to be punished.

We’re going to be hammered in league 1 as well if we persist with this stuff!

Playing from the back isnt the issue, playing from the back badly is the issue.

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

The plan is too draw them in, beat the press and then expose the open space in midfield but we shouldn't be doing it because our defenders aren't good enough or clever enough on the ball and Roos panics and has no compusure and makes pathetic mistakes like that. 

We've already drawn them in. They're surrounding our area ready to charge. No need to take any risk whatsoever. Just play over the top of them and we immediately have a significant advantage. They can afford to crowd the age of our area because they know we will not use common sense and will commit defensive suicide.

Davies is supposed to be a 'leader', isn't he? He should be assessing the situation and telling Roos to take the goal kick up field.

It's not good enough to say, 'The coaching staff told us to do it'. Did the coaches say, 'Play it short regardless of how many opposition players are in the box.'?

The trouble is Roos has the arrogance to think he has the touch of Pirlo. He tried to control a 3ft pass with the outside of his boot and kicked it straight to the Bournemouth player. Yes Rooney should realise they can't play like this. Roos consistently makes mistakes and costs us points. I have no idea how he is still allowed to wear a Derby shirt. Guy needs to try his hand at modeling because football isn't for him. Both keeper and coaching to blame. Pathetic all round