To blame Derby fans for DCFC problems is nonsensical

Curtains

44 minutes ago, sage said:

I wouldn't say we were to blame, but there was a lot of moanijnv during the Glick/Clough years about lack of investment and there weren't too many fans moaning about how much we were spending in the Clement and Pearson eras

That’s true but we didn’t have the purse strings .

I think Mel made mistakes but I don’t blame him entirely.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Borrowing from the great Spike Milligan......

"Derby County: my part in its downfall"

If I am to blame then I am truly sorry. Sorry.

sadFace.gif.032ab128e13029051646e608a9a4855a.gif

I’d say Mel is a Derby Fan and he wouldn’t of wanted the Club to fail despite contrary opinions to the fact .

Duck the EFL

Edited by angieram
Tone down the insults, please

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Hang on Eddie alluded to it and he’s the font of all knowledge lol. 

I've not seen @Eddie or an other poster blame the fans bar that chap who seems to ducked off the forum. What I have seen is some suggest that some folk should recall that they won't so fussed about spending big when it actually occurred.

Not the same thing at all and you know it full well.

6 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I've not seen @Eddie or an other poster blame the fans bar that chap who seems to ducked off the forum. What I have seen is some suggest that some folk should recall that they won't so fussed about spending big when it actually occurred.

Not the same thing at all and you know it full well.

True .

Of course fans wanted the club to do well and if that meant gambling a little bit to get in the Premier League then yes that’s right. 
What fans didn’t perceive was the impact of Covid and the amortisation policy the club pursued along with the ground sale right or wrong. 

FFP and sustainability rules have ducked us and without that and Covid we would have been ok. 

Funny how the EFL forget about the impact of TV rights and parachute payments and let off promoted teams without a second thought. 

Bar stewards 

“There weren’t too many fans moaning about how much we were spending in the Clement and Pearson eras” ?

Maybe that’s because they were under the impression the club was being run responsibly and any investment was budgeted for.

And by the way, can anyone tell me if Pearce is still taking a wage from the club ?

Edited by angieram
To remove personal insult