Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on Scottish/Malaysian Billionaire Bid

Kernow

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I can just imagine the boardroom meetings, To you, To me, To you, To me, To you, To me. To you, To me...GET ON WITH IT!!

Isn't this what they call a smooth transition?  Where there is little sign of any change?

Get's a thumbs up from me!  ?

22 hours ago, angieram said:

Not unless you want to cause offence. The new owners at Newcastle weren't very impressed.

As far as I saw that's simply not true. The wokists were up in arms about it saying it was racist (because they want to suck all the joy and fun out of the world) forcing the club and owners to issue a statement reading:

"Those who wish to support the club by wearing appropriate culturally-inspired clothing should feel free to do so as they see fit. We are inclusive to all ... neither the club nor its new owners were offended by attire worn, and appreciate the overt statements of support and acceptance by our great fans."

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

As far as I saw that's simply not true. The wokists were up in arms about it saying it was racist (because they want to suck all the joy and fun out of the world) forcing the club and owners to issue a statement reading:

"Those who wish to support the club by wearing appropriate culturally-inspired clothing should feel free to do so as they see fit. We are inclusive to all ... neither the club nor its new owners were offended by attire worn, and appreciate the overt statements of support and acceptance by our great fans."

Absolutely.

It's like being offended because someone dressed up as Sherlock Holmes at Halloween and it is an unfair and unrealistic representation of English people.

People who are easily offended really offend me.

For this bid I wonder if the names to get the deal across the line but they don't gamble with their own money but with investors from Asia.

It's not a great place for a club to be in if that's the case, given the current issues at the club.

Just wondering about this

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I don't think fans dressing up in Arab dress is offensive. If they stereotyped people by 'blacking up' or imprisoning their female cousins then it may be offensive. 

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Absolutely.

It's like being offended because someone dressed up as Sherlock Holmes at Halloween and it is an unfair and unrealistic representation of English people.

People who are easily offended really offend me.

I'd be offended with that...what has Sherlock Holmes got to do with Halloween?

Well, they seem completely legitimate and their background isn't concerning at all. That said, we shouldn't have any problems with Gibson and the EFL in future; they'll come round to our way of thinking surprisingly quickly after some gentle persuasion.....

360_F_54897189_rwd0jIAQOf8PmbUMO3oFnbZVkBaYkgSR.jpg.ba743ea04d4607a81430580133baa1a0.jpg

15 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Yes I was thinking just that, though without the murders, and the extortion, and the protection rackets, armed robbery, arson, oh and without one of them diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic and ending up in a prison hospital for the criminally insane,  and the other contracting bladder cancer, and buying their mum a pub in Spitalfields called the Carpenter’s Arms (still there with the bar supposedly made of coffin lids) but otherwise………

Good knowledge. I used to live just round the corner from the Carpenter's Arms (and Vallance Rd where the brothers lived) and their "office", a brilliant greasy spoon in Bethnal Green was just up the road. Somewhat bizarrely there is still a lot of love for the Krays in those parts.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Good knowledge. I used to live just round the corner from the Carpenter's Arms (and Vallance Rd where the brothers lived) and their "office", a brilliant greasy spoon in Bethnal Green was just up the road. Somewhat bizarrely there is still a lot of love for the Krays in those parts.

Wasn't it was the Richardsons who were the real villains, The Murder of Jack the Hat McVitie and George Cornell that got the Krays all the Prison time, No doubt the Krays were into most Villainy, But the Richardsons were the ones that used their brains and muscle to get what they wanted.