Rooney and his sidekick OUT NOW

Ramfan1958

I thought for a while now that 352 is the best fit for us, With Festy and Buchannen/Dylan Williams being the attacking wing backs. Stearman or Buchannen/Fozzy as the third central defender. Bird, Shinnie and Knight/Ravel make up the three with Beilik to come back and CKR and Baldock/Stretton up top. Nice balance of youth, experience and commitment. 

Just now, Archie said:

I thought for a while now that 352 is the best fit for us, With Festy and Buchannen/Dylan Williams being the attacking wing backs. Stearman or Buchannen/Fozzy as the third central defender. Bird, Shinnie and Knight/Ravel make up the three with Beilik to come back and CKR and Baldock/Stretton up top. Nice balance of youth, experience and commitment. 

It’s all workable if everyone is fit and not carrying knocks, needing a rest etc, lack of consistency from some youngsters and so on 

we just don’t have enough players for tough games Saturday Wednesday Saturday - that’s the biggest problem 

18 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Ok I understand the sentiment and many will agree with you. That said, I’m convinced by Rooney and I’m rarely wrong…I know sounds arrogant but we need to stick…things will turn quite soon. Facebook me, screenshot me, tik-Tok me, Twatter me; We’ve deflated last 3 games …but we’ll rise again. Trust me.

Valley Girl Hair Flip GIF by Freedomists

37 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Just on playing two up front.... We've hardly tried it so I was looking forward to seeing both Kazim-Richards and Baldock together last night.

But the ball wouldn't stick.

Said on the matchday thread, they were like a couple of pinball bumpers.

looked to me like Baldock was playing a bit more on the right side than up front with Kazim to be honest

30 minutes ago, Archie said:

dear god no GIF

we've been there before.?

7 minutes ago, Yani P said:

For whatever reason..or is it just coincidence..we have played poorly with CKR in the team recently..

His career would indicate he does ok for short bursts, then moves on.  His short burst here was needed and he did better than I thought he would, but that may have been alongside Gregory who was more physical than what we have.  He certainly faded badly in the last 6 or 7 games of last season. 

In terms of playing poorly, that's more to do with bad defending- since Forsyth came back into the team ?  I just don't see what he offers and haven't for 4 seasons culminating in that aberration last game of the season.

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

we currently don't have enough wingers to play a proper 4-2-3-1 though. We end up shoehorning Knight and Sibley into those positions, and Lawrence isn't a winger either. 

3-4-3 or 3-5-2 actually suits our players much better as wingers are not required. 

4-2-3-1 is also less solid than the 3-4-3/3-5-2. Just look at Man Utd as a perfect example of this.

I think comparing our players to Man Utd players is not a realistic comparison. ?

Playing a 3 centre back formation all in their mid 30s, any young striker playing against us would love that.

Obviously Rooney's stats at DCFC make for grim reading. On the other hand he hasn't had a lot to work with. Either way, I don't think disruption at this time would be helpful. If we are to be relegated, I would like to see as much dignity shown as is possible in the circumstances. 

17 hours ago, Jourdan said:

It’s all about the intent. Identifying a problem and trying to fix it.

If one player - Bielik - is viewed as enough to make a difference, why can’t one scout with the right kind of knowledge and track record?

People keep saying we need January and we need players who will make a difference. How are we going to find those players if not with good scouts?

I agree our scouting network is rubbish but you make it sound like one scout and hey presto ....the whole scouting recruitment team and network needs a proper overhaul where it isn’t jobs for the boys 

scouting to me means un-earthing talent from lower leagues or maybe a youth player in a prem side or even a bit of foreign talent but some see it as players that are well known and cost a packet prime examples are Watkins and Toney and I know the Brentford model is over used as an example and that is maybe to the detriment of some as they scrapped there academy in favour of trying to spot/scout talent further down the leagues and abroad and they’re doing a fine job but as I said it did mean scrapping there youth teams and academy 

I,m not going to bang on about how crap our scouting is because I’ve said it too much on previous threads  but all I,m saying Jourdan is that one scout will not make one iota of difference in the grand scheme of things and where we are at the moment 

when and if someone takes over I hope and really hope out whole scouting department is overhauled and  we see some positive results from it 

Rooney is in no position at the moment to start instructing an overhaul of anything as he is in limbo no doubt like the rest of us wondering what’s going to happen .....nothing will be resolved or moved forwards until we are on a sound footing again ....thanks Mr Morris

7 hours ago, Yani P said:

For whatever reason..or is it just coincidence..we have played poorly with CKR in the team recently..

slows us down going forward, imo.

If we’re playing him, which i do think we should, It should be with Stretton alongside him.