Millwall (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's always darkest just before the dawn. Let's hope this is where the mighty Derby County bounce back. A London cabbie once said to me "my dog wouldn't even poo south of the river", but that's where the Rams must travel to take on Gary Rowett's functional ugly outfit. It won't be pretty, but let's hope the players stand up and be counted and deliver the win.

Nearest stations:

• South Bermondsey (by the ground) serviced by trains from London Bridge (a 5 minute journey)
  • Surrey Quays (just over 1km walk) serviced by trains from Highbury and Islington/Shoreditch

Come on you Rams!

Like a few others, I think its time we moved to 3 at the back & 2 up top. Our full backs are really wing backs but are limited by how slow our CBs are & we need two up front as neither Kazim or Baldock are giving us much threat as a lone target

I would move Buchanan into LCB so giving us some pace back there to help Curtis & Jags with Shinnie at left wing back - he's played there before, looks better on the left than central & his delivery is decent. Right side, I would replace Byrne with Ebosele, in what is probably Festy's best position. Up top, I'd have Stretton alongside Kazim to work as a tandem with Lawrence in a free role behind them - Bird & Ravel to dictate tempo and look to pick the front 3 (and our wing backs) out.

Finally, I'd bring back Allsop - yes, his error against Luton was bad but his range of passing is better than Roos and I still believe Allsop to be better than Roos on aerial balls - especially important against Rowett's lot.

image.png.2800a5a4c7cc12a0ce0b1ed4eed52b21.png

Edited by LeedsCityRam

14 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Like a few others, I think its time we moved to 3 at the back & 2 up top. Our full backs are really wing backs but are limited by how slow our CBs are & we need two up front as neither Kazim or Baldock are giving us much threat as a lone target

I would move Buchanan into LCB so giving us some pace back there to help Curtis & Jags with Shinnie at left wing back - he's played there before, looks better on the left than central & his delivery is decent. Right side, I would replace Byrne with Ebosele, in what is probably Festy's best position. Up top, I'd have Stretton alongside Kazim to work as a tandem with Lawrence in a free role behind them - Bird & Ravel to dictate tempo and look to pick the front 3 (and our wing backs) out.

Finally, I'd bring back Allsop - yes, his error against Luton was bad but his range of passing is better than Roos and I still believe Allsop to be better than Roos on aerial balls - especially important against Rowett's lot.

I mean other than Morrison being suspended and Stretton playing for the U23s tonight. You might be close.

52 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Agree with 3 at the back but not some of the personnel….Shinnie not a wing back for me…..

On 04/11/2021 at 07:52, Ravabeerbelly said:

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion so don’t take any of this the wrong way…..but….

1. What has Williams done to deserve consideration let alone a start?

2. What on earth has Stearman done for literally no one to consider him an option if we went to 3 at the back??

3. Morrison is suspended. But statistically Lawrence offers more than he does anyway. 

1, Has done well every time he's played. Forsyth & Buchanan have been poor lately. If it's a 3 at the back then there's less pressure on him defensively than in a back 4.

2, I have. It's between him and Buchanan for the 3rd CB position

3, depends which stats your referring to.

4 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Shinnie needs to be in the middle in my opinion. He is the unsung hero, does all the dirty work in midfield that lots of people don't notice. Huge miss when he's not there. 

Dylan Williams at LWB in place of Morrison as he's suspended anyway. 

Agree with the GK

I think RWB could be good for Festy as well. Gives him a chance to run at people and try to make things happen, whilst still having the cover behind him. Also Byrne has not been his usual self this season so far.

8 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

1, Has done well every time he's played. Forsyth & Buchanan have been poor lately. If it's a 3 at the back then there's less pressure on him defensively than in a back 4.

He’s done ok. Relative to expectation. He was ruthlessly exposed by Salford for 30 minutes and to his credit settled and improved. At Sheffield United he he did ok but nothing more. Against West Brom he / we were pinned back into a complete back 5 and defended for our lives for most of the game. Last ditch defending by everyone (to their credit) but very little opportunity to do anything other than make clearances and blocks. But I agree if it becomes a back 5 in any game and he has senior defenders talking him through it then fine…if Buchanan and Fozzie are unavailable. Williams has potential but he’s not ahead of either just yet.

2, I have. It's between him and Buchanan for the 3rd CB position

So you’d replace Buchanan and / or Fozzie with 18 yr old Williams due to them being poor lately but opt to play Buchanan as a centre back instead of a centre back who’s been reliable and solid every time he’s played?

3, depends which stats your referring to.

The important ones like goals and chances created. Not sideways passes in his own half.

Edited by Ravabeerbelly