RamsTrust

RamsfanJim

1 minute ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Is that a he started it not me.

You accused me of bringing something up, I was responding to comments on the same matter made previously on this thread.

If I had instigated the topic then I would agree with you but I didn't if you refer back. 

So not entirely sure why your comments are directed at myself. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

You accused me of bringing something up, I was responding to comments on the same matter made previously on this thread.

If I had instigated the topic then I would agree with you but I didn't if you refer back. 

So not entirely sure why your comments are directed at myself. 

Well you were joining in. I just feel that someone has come on to engage with this forum and you and a few others are just hell bent on finding any old skeleton to try to belittle them. If you have taken such offence why aren’t you taking it up with the person that said it.

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Well you were joining in. I just feel that someone has come on to engage with this forum and you and a few others are just hell bent on finding any old skeleton to try to belittle them. If you have taken such offence why aren’t you taking it up with the person that said it.

It’s barely a skeleton. It’s so fresh it’s barely had a chance to go cold. 

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Well why then by the same token don't you vent your spleen at those other people then instead of singling me out for a topic I was only replying to.

Have to say Jim. 'Meh' to the Rams trust from me...

We at the DCFC forum are the voice of Derby County FC. We are the community that comes together, voice our opinion, good or bad, we influence, motivate, galavanise, support from afar, stimulate ideas for the love of the one thing that takes us all away from lifes wicked and monotonous path.

But like any dysfunctional family, we have the same endgame without prejudice, politics and diluting our words akin to your Rams Trust. Through these disparaging 18 months, you have remained silent and unispiring to the name that your party holds.....

We are the voice, we are the fans and this my friend, is our platform.

We make a difference, what do you do ?

25 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Hey!

I am keeping a low profile after, well you know, that thread back in May that is still going.............

Be kind to each other, all Derby and all that.

Nick

Meant in a kind way, bloomin' amazing job you do lugging that flag around. ???

Just pointing out that doesn't make you any more representative than the next fan. Hope you're OK with that. 

Personally I don't think it works for any group to represent any fans. What does it achieve? I don't really get it. I am a Derby fan amongst thousands of other Derby fans. The owners run the club and we support or criticise as is our choice. What exactly do official supporters groups achieve? 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

A couple of thoughts (Jim)

- will the admins agree to ask bidders whether RT would be granted a board seat following takeover? The very constructive message from Mr Kirschner suggested he might be on for that.  Now is the time to ask 

- your questions of the EFL missed the target. What forced us into administration was a vendetta by a small and powerful group of clubs who contrived that the EFL simply would not resolve our regulatory problems under Mel’s ownership. It’s an abomination and the EFL needs to understand that we are outraged that they cannot manage this issue for the greater good of its members 

- please read @B4ev6is impassioned thread about the behaviour of our fans at away games. What can RT do about this ? It is shameful 

I know large amount behave our selfs but always small few that let us down like you say.

But I do like standing up at games but I do think to much drink. 

Do club put a kap on a hole drink how much you can consume.

9 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

It has been suggested to me that I should use this forum to receive views on the Trust and things we can do better. Over the last 20 years I have seen plenty of negative comments about the Trust, but few constructive suggestions on how we can improve and gain more members.

We are the only recognised Supporters Trust for Derby County, so it is important that we are as representative as possible. We will never all agree, but we do seek to represent supporters the best we can.

I promise I will read all responses, but cannot guarantee always being able to respond as I already get 100s of messages / emails every day.

Jim Wheeler.

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum. I have a few questions, if I may?

Can I ask why it's taken over a decade for the Trust to engage with this community? By your own admission, you have only done so today at someone else's suggestion!  Has it not occurred to you that blithely stating as much suggests you were either a) unaware of this community's existence, or b) never previously saw any value in any form of engagement?

My final question is, why now? What is to be gained now that was not meaningful before?

Thanks,

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I know large amount behave our selfs but always small few that let us down like you say.

But I do like standing up at games but I do think to much drink. 

Do club put a kap on a hole drink how much you can consume.

Trickey when some would have done a few lines of coke and numerous drinks before they even get to the stadium

9 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

It has been suggested to me that I should use this forum to receive views on the Trust and things we can do better. Over the last 20 years I have seen plenty of negative comments about the Trust, but few constructive suggestions on how we can improve and gain more members.

We are the only recognised Supporters Trust for Derby County, so it is important that we are as representative as possible. We will never all agree, but we do seek to represent supporters the best we can.

I promise I will read all responses, but cannot guarantee always being able to respond as I already get 100s of messages / emails every day.

Jim Wheeler.

I live miles away from PP, rarely visit Derby, and know next to FA about RamsTrust. Accordingly I have almost nothing I can contribute to this thread, other than to say as an ‘outsider’ (but long term Rams fan) that the sentence I have put in bold is quite a telling statement. Something all too obviously needs to change, and therefore new members joining and being promoted to the ‘executive’ asap seems long overdue.

8 hours ago, Rammeister said:

Disappointed.

I thought the ‘RamsTrust’ headline meant we were now on the 30th day and you were going to reveal, that you’d all managed to cobble together £50 million or so and were putting an offer in for the club on behalf of us fans.

What have you all been doing these past few weeks, if not that?

We have had regular contact with the administrators and have forwarded a couple of enquiries from people claiming to be interested in the club (not sure they had the funds though). We have had meetings with the EFL and ongoing contact. We have lobbied MPs who have spoken to the EFL and HMRC to out the club's case. 

8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Hi Jim, I find it hard to be constructive regarding the Rams Trust, as simply it feels like a secret society. I don’t know what RT does, I don’t know RT’s objectives/purposes (if any) . It’s fair to say that over the internet period, I’ve been all over all forums, message boards and groups, but still know nothing about Ramstrust. 

However, I did feel slightly narked at RT speaking on behalf of 50000 ppl who know nothing about Ramstrust. I don’t know who appointed Ramstrust as the only legitimate supporters trust, and the only one I recognise is Punjabi Rams. 

Perhaps you should think on that. 

Take a look at our website - RamsTrust.org.uk and/or follow us on twitter @RamsTrust to see what we have done / are doing. 

8 hours ago, Yani P said:

I think the biggest issue with RT is it seems to have been around forever but has achieved what exactly? Certainly not its objective of getting a seat at the table that's for sure..look at some of the names on their 'Board'..they are the same names that have been there since Day 1 superglued to their seats..

As soon as they had the option to explore potential fan ownership they swiftly put out a statement to say they couldn't do it..did they consult Derby fans? Did they reach out to potential investors? 

It just feels that they have zero ambition apart from  wanting to be the official Trust..

Our objective is to give supporters a voice, which we have been striving to achieve throughout - with some success in local and national media and with the club. 

Yes, we did approach potential investors and spoke to an organisation who felt they could organise a fans buyout, but the numbers were not feasible. 

8 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

I don’t think you can knock the Ramstrust, I presume all the people running it are doing it on a voluntary basis and have the welfare of our football club as the number one priority.

A question for @RamsfanJim.

Will the trust be prioritising immediate engagement with the new owners with the aim of getting a fans representative involved at board level ?

We will be prioritising meeting prospective owners once the administrators has narrowed the options to realistic candidates. We can then discuss the best way to engage and involve supporters going forward. The Fan-led review will also have reported by then, which may change the requirements for fan engagement going forward. 

8 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

We have a case of Schrodinger's Supporters Trust - they are simultaneously silent but also speaking people's behalf at the same time. 

On this point of them speaking on your behalf, can you or any others show me when they have actually done this? When they have claimed to be the voice of all Derby County fans - including those that are not RT members? Do you have that somewhere because it really might help others understand the need for you to clear your chest so.

But glad to see you have found a solution to getting access to the minutes of the group, and it seems that all you have to do is find two hundred bright new pennies and join the group. Who'd 'ave thunk? 

I would put money that when we have represented our members there are similar views held by non-members. I do accept if other fans have views not held by any of our members then we won't have put them forward.