RamsTrust

RamsfanJim

For me, I've been frustrated by the ill thought out questions posed to other parties since admin was announced.

For example, 

SmartSelect_20211028-195128_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8bc4d64e2a28a5e6e3e1de6ee44dcc53.jpg

The answers are obvious to anyone who has paid attention to the detail in the relevant cases.

SWFC were issued with a 12 point penalty because their spending exceeded the P&S limits by £18m. Overspending by £15m or more results in a 12 point deduction (pending aggravating or mitigating circumstances). This was reduced on appeal based on the circumstances of the stadium sale.

Derby's rumoured 9 points is not purely based on the 3 year period to 2018, which Mel said was roughly a £4m overspend (4 points) according to the EFL's interpretation of FRS102. Subsequent periods would cumulatively take the total to 12 points, but reduced by 3 as a token of goodwill. Of course, this argument from the club's side as that if Derby were charged when they should have been for that period, actions could have been taken to avoid failing future periods as well. There will also be arguments over how failed periods will be adjusted for the future P&S periods too.

The EFL are in the right in being able to come to an agreement with the club, before charging the club. As you may recall, the EFL was scrutinised (particularly by the club) for charging the club in relation to the amortisation policy. The club were aware of inbincoming charge for the stadium sale, but were taken unawares by the amortisation charge.

There gave been a few other questions I have been critical of. There is also one question which I am amazed hasn't even been asked yet... how has the club smashed through the £81m which we supposedly should have received for the stadium, whilst failing to pay £20m to HMRC and taken out a few loans since the end of the 17/18 season... the numbers just don't seem to add up.

6 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

There lays the problem Jim. 

You are a voice for your members, I have never seen an open Membership for the RAMS trust it seems a very closed door. A MOD from here can control the unruly members and sift the rubbish questions. I think through the media in that situation the RAMS trust voice seemed very distant from us the Fans and felt kind of alienating. I don't know the answer to that but I think most Fans felt we didn't know how bad things were with the club or even that we had a voice or a bunch of yes men... 

I'm sure it must be hard to be able to reach everyone but maybe a live stream from the meetings or at least knowing who we can ask when something like the NDA's happen again. 

I hope that nothing like this happens again but even for the purpose of the forum maybe to point us in the right direction to be able to read the notes or see the fielded questions and answers to the RAMS trust questions may help in future. I understand you was under NDA last meeting but previous and the next meetings being posted by RAMS trust to keep us informed?

Kind regards

The club organised the meetings so there was no opportunity to stream them, and they would then have been public meetings - which are very different as they have to be more guarded in responses. They would often give information to explain a situation but ask us not to reveal details in public (this goes for all attendees, not just the Trust) - but we always reported what we could back to our members, as did other groups. 

We will have to agree format for meetings with new owners when they are in place. 

55 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

image.thumb.png.2e73f35debac876e6491603dd249b1f4.png

giphy.gif

It was a test!

I was looking for a fellow forum member on my level, to join my effort and lead us onto a glorious future.

I've found them, now just need to win that lotto!

Imagine the good we could do together, leading the banter club of English football back to the summit.

Or into the playpit, either will do as long as we survive.

6 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

How much influence do Rams Trust have/hope to have, Under MM very little to non, New owners could be in situ within a couple of months, They'll have their own board of directors, CEO, Secretary, Chairman/Woman ect ect, What is Rams Trust here for, How many members are there in Rams Trust, What have you been doing for the last 5/6 years, DCFC have been put into Admin where were you, Rams Trust come along every now and then with a brief letter/comment through our pretty poor local newspaper the DET.

One of your Senior members tweeted a comment about the colour of Italians...how does that sit with yourself.

We hope to meet new owners before and after appointment and stress the need to include fans - then discuss what form that will take. 

A board member making a personal comment in support of anti-racism, which is then taken out of context is entirely irrelevant and has nothing to do with the Trust. 

10 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

We hope to meet new owners before and after appointment and stress the need to include fans - then discuss what form that will take. 

A board member making a personal comment in support of anti-racism, which is then taken out of context is entirely irrelevant and has nothing to do with the Trust. 

Do you not recognise that it was a very clumsily written tweet that was asking to be misinterpreted? 

18 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

Hindsight being a wonderful gift would you agree that the board member making the tweet would probably not have phrased it in the same unfortunate manner if they had the opportunity to post it again?

Edited by Tyler Durden

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I take it you’re not a fan.

Not at all pretty ambivalent to be honest.

Just pointing out that the person making the tweet must have been extremely naive to think that the message would not have been subject to "misinterpretation" and should be a personal learning for them going forward. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not at all pretty ambivalent to be honest.

Just pointing out that the person making the tweet must have been extremely naive to think that the message would not have been subject to "misinterpretation" and should be a personal learning for them going forward. 

Why bring it up on here?

5 hours ago, angieram said:

I don't actually agree with this, having worked for charities my whole career.

Many societies are set up to speak on behalf of a wider community than their actual membership, from political parties down.

The whole point of a democratic vehicle is to allow access to as many members as want to be involved, that way the organisation acheives as much democracy as it can. As it grows it can then do more to reach out to wider and wider groups of people. 

I think Punjabi Rams have a structure and elections, I know the local supporters clubs do. I suspect most of the other "representative" groups don't, I know for example that this was a role thrust upon our Forum that @David felt very uncomfortable with. And as for the democracy of letting a man with a flag "represent" supporters! Sure Nick didn't ask for that, either.

I cannot for the life of me understand why supporters want to pour scorn over the one organisation whose very existence is set up to be the very thing that they all want - a voice in how the club is run.

I'm with @Simmo’s left foot, if more of us had got off our backsides earlier, then we might have been a force to be reckoned with when we were needed. But we aren't  - yet.

I  have joined because I want to change that. What are you doing about it?

Hey!

I am keeping a low profile after, well you know, that thread back in May that is still going.............

Be kind to each other, all Derby and all that.

Nick