RamsTrust

RamsfanJim

23 minutes ago, tinman said:

It needs a good clear out at the top. It’s become stale, insular and lacking proactivity. I’m glad to see that Jim has made this step to engage with people outside of ramstrust. 
to only have elections every three years is ridiculous. To have a chair and vice chair in position for so long is ridiculous. It becomes stagnant and needs fresh ideas. They need to be term limited positions. 

I think they have elections every year but for one third of places on a rotating basis. This is recommended good practice to make sure there is some continuity to get stuff done. If your whole board turns over every year then nothing ever gets done.

I don't know how much competition there has been for board members, looks like they have been struggling to fill them all.

As for officials, I think these are elected from within the board, this is also standard practice. I agree that there should be some new ideas, but it also might mean that the vast majority of members are happy with how RT are being run.

I do know they have co-opted at least one newish member to fill a vacant place on the Board since this year's AGM. This isn't unusual and there will be more competition for places next year I am sure.

As I said, looking for change, but there is a democratic process to go through.

What Is the average age of Ramstrust member?

How long have the chair and vice chair been position?

How many people have they co opted to the board thus ensuring a level of loyalty to them amongst the board?

What is the average length of service of board members?

19 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I haven't been a fan of RT since the RPG days when we were trying to get rid of the 3 amigos. I  bumped into a few during that time, but mainly when the media were around looking for interviews and never when we were actually protesting. 

I spoke to Big John at the time, He said and I quote..."we asked them to get involved with the red card out board" they flatley refused he said, All they wanted to do was talk to them, Unfortunately they got sucked in by thievs.

I think a bit of engagement with other supporters is a good thing. It gives an opportunity to get different opinions and ideas.

Also I think some people don’t want the Rams Trust to represent them as a voice for the supporters. I believe it would be stronger as one rather than having several different set ups but as in a democratic society (if we’re in one????) Then it is important to have different views from other groups that people feel more comfortable in or have been part of for a long time.

I didn’t know @angieramwas giving updates about what is happening with the Rams Trust but I believe it would be good if people were kept informed of things because I think half the problem is people are unaware of what is discussed or what is proposed.
I have heard Jim on the radio and that is good to get the messages out.

Good Luck

I’m signed up but am the silent majority. 

11 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I spoke to Big John at the time, He said and I quote..."we asked them to get involved with the red card out board" they flatley refused he said, All they wanted to do was talk to them, Unfortunately they got sucked in by thievs.

Safe to say, John wasn't a fan. 

He did join them originally, but decided against staying and told them he didn't want to be a member,  they still had him listed as a member long after he told them he didn't want to be. He wasn't happy. 

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think a bit of engagement with other supporters is a good thing. It gives an opportunity to get different opinions and ideas.

Also I think some people don’t want the Rams Trust to represent them as a voice for the supporters. I believe it would be stronger as one rather than having several different set ups but as in a democratic society (if we’re in one????) Then it is important to have different views from other groups that people feel more comfortable in or have been part of for a long time.

I didn’t know @angieramwas giving updates about what is happening with the Rams Trust but I believe it would be good if people were kept informed of things because I think half the problem is people are unaware of what is discussed or what is proposed.
I have heard Jim on the radio and that is good to get the messages out.

Good Luck

I’m signed up but am the silent majority. 

Thanks, it was nothing official, but both Jim and David were aware.

I much prefer the updates to come direct from their communications group. I think Jake Barker is leading on that stuff now. I don't know if he's a member on here but I follow him on Twitter and he seems a pretty sound guy. 

And he's young! 

5 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

It has been suggested to me that I should use this forum to receive views on the Trust and things we can do better. Over the last 20 years I have seen plenty of negative comments about the Trust, but few constructive suggestions on how we can improve and gain more members.

We are the only recognised Supporters Trust for Derby County, so it is important that we are as representative as possible. We will never all agree, but we do seek to represent supporters the best we can.

I promise I will read all responses, but cannot guarantee always being able to respond as I already get 100s of messages / emails every day.

Jim Wheeler.

The very fact that you were referring to him as Mel was an embarrassment. Am a trust member, but think you are no way strident enough. The trust hopes for good owners, you should be looking for supporter representation on the board, no less and no compromise.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I think they have elections every year but for one third of places on a rotating basis. This is recommended good practice to make sure there is some continuity to get stuff done. If your whole board turns over every year then nothing ever gets done.

I don't know how much competition there has been for board members, looks like they have been struggling to fill them all.

As for officials, I think these are elected from within the board, this is also standard practice. I agree that there should be some new ideas, but it also might mean that the vast majority of members are happy with how RT are being run.

I do know they have co-opted at least one newish member to fill a vacant place on the Board since this year's AGM. This isn't unusual and there will be more competition for places next year I am sure.

As I said, looking for change, but there is a democratic process to go through.

That will be down to lack of interest is my bet. It's okay for fans to moan about RT and what they do, but when the suggestion is made 'oh well then, get involved and change things' things go quiet. 

Joining it is not for me, but then I realise that if they bothered me that much I should get involved. #COYR

44 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Safe to say, John wasn't a fan. 

He did join them originally, but decided against staying and told them he didn't want to be a member,  they still had him listed as a member long after he told them he didn't want to be. He wasn't happy. 

And there lies the problem, Someone who was Pro-Active and Vociforous, Against those who wanted an easy life for themselves.

I tell you what.

When I win the lottery and buy the club, I'll listen to @angieram and her alone.

The rest of you could start an argument in an isolation cell.

If I had to pick another forum member to join the working party, it would be @Hans Datdo-Dishes, purely based on their username being amusing.

Edited by Rev
Member inserted.

4 hours ago, enachops said:

Is it realistic to expect them to be a board member? Also, is that there objective? I’m not sure it is. I, and others were in agreement that RamsTrust should move on quickly in regards to discussing being a board member so the administration process moved on more swiftly. They can’t win with some fans. 

A couple of thoughts (Jim)

- will the admins agree to ask bidders whether RT would be granted a board seat following takeover? The very constructive message from Mr Kirschner suggested he might be on for that.  Now is the time to ask 

- your questions of the EFL missed the target. What forced us into administration was a vendetta by a small and powerful group of clubs who contrived that the EFL simply would not resolve our regulatory problems under Mel’s ownership. It’s an abomination and the EFL needs to understand that we are outraged that they cannot manage this issue for the greater good of its members 

- please read @B4ev6is impassioned thread about the behaviour of our fans at away games. What can RT do about this ? It is shameful 

If the sole aim of RT is to get a place on the board to represent the fans then that could be why so many backs are getting up, if you will.

As we have seen recently with the ‘nda’ meeting. Knowing everything and not being able to say virtually anything  defeats the object of having a fan rep at board level.

In my opinion, it’s exactly like the charter meetings that I have attended.    They tell you information then say “this can’t get out” but mostly was probably a test to see if it got out.

Coupled with minutes not being produced and us not being able to comment at all made it all a waste of our time and effort.

It’s all good in principle, but I’m assuming all that may happen is there will be two board room meetings. One where the RT are invited and a few apologies .  Then the official one.

That’s my opinion.

5 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

There lays the problem Jim. 

You are a voice for your members, I have never seen an open Membership for the RAMS trust it seems a very closed door. A MOD from here can control the unruly members and sift the rubbish questions. I think through the media in that situation the RAMS trust voice seemed very distant from us the Fans and felt kind of alienating. I don't know the answer to that but I think most Fans felt we didn't know how bad things were with the club or even that we had a voice or a bunch of yes men... 

I'm sure it must be hard to be able to reach everyone but maybe a live stream from the meetings or at least knowing who we can ask when something like the NDA's happen again. 

I hope that nothing like this happens again but even for the purpose of the forum maybe to point us in the right direction to be able to read the notes or see the fielded questions and answers to the RAMS trust questions may help in future. I understand you was under NDA last meeting but previous and the next meetings being posted by RAMS trust to keep us informed?

Kind regards

I have never seen an open Membership for the RAMS trust it seems a very closed door.

I’ve never considered joining RamsTrust but in light of this thread I have tried to find details online……. Must be honest it took me 5 seconds to find the website and then another 5 seconds to find membership details so to call it a closed door is very harsh.

4 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

I have never seen an open Membership for the RAMS trust it seems a very closed door.

I’ve never considered joining RamsTrust but in light of this thread I have tried to find details online……. Must be honest it took me 5 seconds to find the website and then another 5 seconds to find membership details so to call it a closed door is very harsh.

And its £2 to join. Hardly the Masons is it.