Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

I can't see beyond Appleby/Rush on this if they are bidding.  

I'm convinced this is the bidder Percy was talking about a while back when he referred to a dream bidder.  Whoever the backer is, Appleby and Rush know the club and Appleby has a record in making us stable...even if the football was dire for a while, he ultimately gave us the best season in my memory.

46 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

A Xmas Party was organised by a well known lad with one ear at the Lord Nelson many moons ago, Lots of Lads/Ladies there, OB turn up...there was no bother, Police were told that it was a Dinner Luncheon Function then left the room to raucus laughter.

Why did @Owen87ITK go to a DLF meeting?

1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

I can't see beyond Appleby/Rush on this if they are bidding. 

I'm convinced this is the bidder Percy was talking about a while back when he referred to a dream bidder. 

I'm not on Twitter but I think someone posted a Tweet on here asking Percy, after the Kirchner bid had been revealed, whether that was the bid that he had been referring to and Percy confirmed that it was i.e. Kirchner.

3 hours ago, Rev said:

There was nothing not already known, apart from one tidbit. 

Justin Rose, sponsored by Kerchners company, is a partner in a business with Niall Horan.

Crikey, that Horan link is as convoluted as one of the clue answers on '321' back in the 80s. Although, if this was 321, Tepper would be the speedboat, Kerchner would be a new Mini Metro wheeled out with its four way flashers on, and Alonso would be....

p75.thumb.png.ebdc0e2cf64caa5acd18f6768a608fcc.png

13 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Crikey, that Horan link is as convoluted as one of the clue answers on '321' back in the 80s. Although, if this was 321, Tepper would be the speedboat, Kerchner would be a new Mini Metro wheeled out with its four way flashers on, and Alonso would be....

p75.thumb.png.ebdc0e2cf64caa5acd18f6768a608fcc.png

Rogers: "This is a composer. German by birth, English by adoption. Best known for an oratorio published in 1741. It was called Messiah. You're bound to know his handle."
Female contestant: (presses buzzer) "Oh God, I used to have it at school... Handel's Water Music..."
Rogers: "So who's the composer?"
Female contestant: "Chopin?"
(audience shrieks in disbelief)
Rogers: (shrugs shoulders and turns to other team) "So I can offer it to you."
Male contestant: "Beethoven?"

Appleby returning would be an interesting one. 

Had a prudent financial plan for the club, but ultimately it didn’t go down well with sections of our fanbase. The atmosphere got pretty toxic and led to some protests.

Its all a decade ago now, but how would our fans react to him now?

If he has a backer with deep pockets (Tepper) would our fans demand more and how would that fit with a potentially prudent financial plan that would be required to resuscitate the club?

Thread from the time: 

6 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Yes, I know. However I had to grab the chance of a dig at one of our superstar forum members. Got to keep his feet on the ground. Others will get theirs too when the opportunity arises 

sandra bullock stars GIF

I'm Flattered you think that, I could have put LP or MP as you're in Spain, But Lionel Pickering and Micheal Parkinson never worked on the doors.

20 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Appleby returning would be an interesting one. 

Had a prudent financial plan for the club, but ultimately it didn’t go down well with sections of our fanbase. The atmosphere got pretty toxic and led to some protests.

Its all a decade ago now, but how would our fans react to him now?

If he has a backer with deep pockets (Tepper) would our fans demand more and how would that fit with a potentially prudent financial plan that would be required to resuscitate the club?

Thread from the time: 

Interesting read and the fans eventually got what they wanted - an ambitious owner who wanted to get into the Premier League.

Look how well that's turned out.

5 hours ago, The_Sheriff said:

I think Kirchner is the front runner- the way the admins spoke about him this week that's the impression i got and i am all for it.

Anyone got the atheltic subscription to share Elias article today? 

I have it.

The summary is: In the view of the Athletic, Chris Kirchner is not wealthy enough, and his company does not generate enough cash, for either him or his company to be buying DCFC alone (as he has suggested so far).

Therefore they suggest one of two scenarios:

1. Kirschner is just a front-man for an un-named money man, or
  2. Kirschner does not have the funds and him going public this last week was an effort to drum-up a consortium to provide the necessary cash. (I guess you could call this the Alonso strategy)

Edited by therealhantsram