Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m pointing out hypocrisy and/or double standards on your part. Don’t be precious. I never said Rooney’s misadventures were the crime of the century, YOU said those words ??‍♂️ 

What are you going on about? I never said it was the crime of century either, in fact I said it's NOT (I can emphasise with capitals too).

I wouldn't say it's hypocrisy either. It's also really not something that needs to be discussed in this much depth really. My opinion was that I personally wasn't a fan of public statements like that so early in to his 'relationship' with us. If others enjoy it or lap it up, fine, it makes no odds to me.

10 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I hope whoever takes over (assuming someone does) has the chops to call Middlesbrough and Wycombe's bluff. Their claims are both opportunistic and delivered to the wrong party. I'm fairly sure they would fall apart in a civil court, which is the only place they could be heard because EFL rules don't allow clubs to sue each other through the disciplinary processes of the EFL. I'm also fairly sure, despite the absence of any comment, that the EFL would dread a member successfully suing another member for allegedly being the sole cause of their own failures.

What Boro and Wycombe are hoping is that the Administrators put their claims in with the Football Creditors list, but expecting they'll be put on the unsecured creditors list and thereby receive at least 35p in the £ for their claim, though I don't see how either could happen without the claimants first proving their claim was valid through either the EFL or the Courts.

I think they are hoping they will extract some money from the admins by way of settlement 

I'm hoping this business with Kirchner and the administrators messaging on TS will simply force everyone else interested to get a shift on with their bids and the admins will be left with one, two or even three credible bids to choose from. That would be ideal for DCFC.

I wonder if him breaking ranks and going public at this stage will come back to bite him.  

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Interesting that they think we could exit admin in 3 weeks, would be amazing if it could be done then as you would think everything will be resolved with regards to ongoing cases with the EFL, Boro & Wycombe, plus sorting the debts our with HMRC (discussions next week with them) etc as well as the P&S deduction - also said could be done by 1st week of Jan at the latest

For Hosking to keep going on National radio I'd  say is to get info to potential buyers as quick as possible. The 3 week comment is to make sure any other serious bidders aren't dragging their heels. 

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Interesting that they think we could exit admin in 3 weeks, would be amazing if it could be done then as you would think everything will be resolved with regards to ongoing cases with the EFL, Boro & Wycombe, plus sorting the debts our with HMRC (discussions next week with them) etc as well as the P&S deduction - also said could be done by 1st week of Jan at the latest

Yeah, this stood out for me too and I'll admit got me a bit excited we could see a start to the end of two years of stress and b/s really soon.  Hoskins will be playing a bit of a clever game too with those comments to chivy up the other serious bidders so they get up to speed with where Kerchner appears to be.  

2 hours ago, jono said:

I wasn’t wanting to heat any pitchforks. Just pointing out that in my opinion there are chairmen who mess up, chairmen who run out of money, chairmen who actually aren’t very good at delivering …. All rather sad and disappointing, but completely different from Maxwell and the 3 Amigos. Who were Frauds and criminals. 

I meant our friends from other forums fella rather than people on here.  Everyone, can have an opinion, personally,  what Morris has left us with after verbal financial guarantees made, makes him the worst chairman during my tenure to my mind.  

26 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

It would be a remarkable achievement from the administrators if we were, even if it's in time for the January window then it would be good work.

I've seen a few Wigan related discussions on Twitter in connection to our recent news, and they're somewhat inquisitive, annoyed and dismissive about how we would be able to exit administration so quickly.

Wigan were in administration for 9 months, and their administrators were apparently struggling to sell them for £3mil. That spanned two transfer windows and some of the players they lost for below their true value included Gelhardt, Devine, Weir, Marshall, Byrne, Lowe and Kipre.

It's incredibly refreshing to know that we still seem to be an extremely attractive purchase for multiple people, and can avoid a lot of the damage Wigan had to suffer.

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure they are hoping that. But why on earth would anyone be stupid enough to pay anything?

It is possible - if they feel that a 'no-blame' low-level payment would clear the decks for the purchaser and remove any final obstacles, but they couldn't offer them more than unsecured creditors anyway - and some of those might argue that such spurious claims are diluting their own claims further. I cannot think of any way that Boro, Wycombe etc could be ranked as Football Creditors, even though they are football clubs (obv), because these are not debts per se and the EFL wouldn't sanction their claims IMO.

19 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Radio Derby saying David Tepper has been mentioned to them and when they asked they were met with a straight bat and a rueful smile.

Also Tepper as been in the country a couple of times in the last few weeks they report.

Tepper is a different animal and is quite honestly a dream owner. He bought the Carolina Panthers in 2018 for $2.3bn and soon after invested even more into sports in Charlotte by expansion in the MLS - a whim that still cost him north of €300m and something that he won't make money back on for a long time, perhaps ever. It's an investment in the growth of the MLS.

He's at the point in his life where he's become a sporting philanthropist - a genuine figure head for the growth of Carolina sports in the States (perhaps the world) and football in America. He could quite comfortably purchase almost any Premier League club and he's shown a desire to be aggressive in his approaches to grow his brand. 

Tepper wouldn't be a hands-on owner, but he would pay top dollar to high-end executives who he believed could and there wouldn't be a shortage of people looking to work for him. It would quite honestly be a dream scenario and for that reason I absolutely can't believe that it's even remotely an option. 

Kirchner, who has now put himself in the spotlight, is coming off well. As Jordan said, who knows much more about researching business growth than me, the company he has now is ascending to the point where he potentially could be a billionaire in the future. I would guess not know, but it's showing incredible growth in a short amount of time. He seems set up for a long-term investment and has shown the required funds as of now, so perhaps it has the potential to be a good match. He sounds like an intelligent man, something our boardroom has sadly lacked for too many years. 

You've got to laugh at Simon Jordan and some of the numbers he was quoting

Apparently our crowds are 27,000 every game, Rolls-Royce laid off 7,500 in Derby (no they didn't) & 2,500 of them were season ticket holders ??? & a £70m investment in Chris Kircheners firm means it's worth £7 billion

Fortunately, what Simon Jordan says is irrelevant and what our administrator had to say sounded very credible and level headed

I agree with @Kernow and @BucksRamregarding the attractiveness of a potential buyer who can get this tied up quickly.

We all know Morris thought he had buyers several times and couldn't get them over the line and we also know at least one of the other bidders was around before and still appears to be around, but not moving at pace.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush to the administrators,  and if they can get a deal over the line before January, they are more likely to be able to hold on to more of our assets i.e. players. 

I think all this twitter stuff is just background noise. People put far too much store by it. 

Sheffield Wed were given a points deduction which was carried over to the next season, which would have sent them down and not Charlton, who said they were taking Sheff Wed to court, it did not happen and Charlton went into league one.

EFL will be desperate to avoid and court claims against clubs in their league for surely would be another nail in the EFL coffin, for which the government are not impressed with their running of the league and are wanting change with a regulater taking control.

After what Simon Jordan has said I am happy that Kirchner could be good for Derby.

Talksport indicated that he has excellent football knowledge, thats good.

Yet money does not seem like something that buy the club out of the mess of dropping to the lower division if the team does not start scoring goals and if the team gets hit with a further 9 points.

It would mean that Derby have 21 points in total, thats relegation.

Then the football rules in league one are tough.

Its suggested that league one teams would see clubs allowed to register 22 outfield players for the 2021/22 season – with goalkeepers and players under the age of 21 not included in that number.

As things stand, teams in league one could spend up to 60 per cent of their turnover on player wages next season.

I have read that the loss of revenue in television rights in league one is 6 million.

I assume the size of the crowd at Derby games in league one would also be smaller.

Tickets would be less expensive, so that means less revenue for Derby as well.

28 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

You've got to laugh at Simon Jordan and some of the numbers he was quoting

Apparently our crowds are 27,000 every game, Rolls-Royce laid off 7,500 in Derby (no they didn't) & 2,500 of them were season ticket holders ??? & a £70m investment in Chris Kircheners firm means it's worth £7 billion

Fortunately, what Simon Jordan says is irrelevant and what our administrator had to say sounded very credible and level headed

image.png.da2cadc125d4915e0118d6e17762080a.png

From Rolls Royce own accounts - 1,500 people down in their UK employee count. Not sure where Simon Jordan got those numbers from, nevermind how many were Derby season ticket holders. 

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree with @Kernow and @BucksRamregarding the attractiveness of a potential buyer who can get this tied up quickly.

We all know Morris thought he had buyers several times and couldn't get them over the line and we also know at least one of the other bidders was around before and still appears to be around, but not moving at pace.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush to the administrators,  and if they can get a deal over the line before January, they are more likely to be able to hold on to more of our assets i.e. players. 

I think all this twitter stuff is just background noise. People put far too much store by it. 

I could so easily make a new sentence here, but I'm not going to. 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Or it could be zero points dudction as we shall be under new ownership but debt could be settled in one go.

7 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

What are the outstanding issues with Boro being referred to? Have they submitted some spurious claim too and if so for what?

I think it's still annoyed that we signed Waghorn over them.

Although, if you ask me, Gibson should be giving Morris a rusty trombone for saving him that money. It's not like we ever got anything remotely close to the value we paid for him.