Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

Anybody else of the feeling that’s the admins were quite happy to let CK go nuclear? In a way it strengthens their hand in negotiations with creditors, with the loudest bidder publicly and very loudly pulling out of the race, creditors can see that if they don’t accept something soon, they will eventually end up with nothing.

Taking CK’s tweets at face value, you get the impression that the admins never really took him seriously 

9 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What date did that company go into liquidation?

The point I am making is that the club is a separate legal entity to the Company that owns it. The club will survive even liquidation.

The point I guess you are making is that it matters rather a lot whether liquidation happens after the sale of the club (as I think it did in Wigan's case), rather than as part of the process of liquidation itself.  The risks of  an involuntary liquidation and associated cashflow problems resulting in players not getting paid, and the football authorities will take a very dim view of that and probably expel us from the League if we did that. That point is also very valid. 

But fact is , Wigan paid unsecured non football creditors no more than 25% of monies owing,   sold "the club", and then went into liquidation, yet still stayed in the EFL and didn't suffer any further penalties apart from the 12 point deduction.

10 hours ago, Crewton said:

Just to cheer you all up, here's the latest from Cowboy Couhig

No point "liking" us if you're determined to screw our club, Rob, it won't be 

PS : 75% of the Championship spend more on wages than their income. 

Can we all counter sue him for defamation, being from Derby I feel deeply hurt he’s calling me a schemer and it’s greatly impacted on my life, I don’t dare leave the house… 

7 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Screenshot_20211224-000007_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20211224-000127_Twitter.jpg

Total lack of class from Kirchner. Haggling via socail media and via the Sun newspaper and then having a hissy fit when he isn't the preferred bidder. Reading some of his tweets he does remind me of Alonso, although maybe at least Kirchner did actually have money but looks like he has been outbid.  

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Total lack of class from Kirchner. Haggling via socail media and via the Sun newspaper and then having a hissy fit when he isn't the preferred bidder. Reading some of his tweets he does remind me of Alonso, although maybe at least Kirchner did actually have money but looks like he has been outbid.  

That’s a bit harsh but it does give a hint that he will not be the preferred bidder or at least he concluded that. For one I would have welcomed him to Derby he seemed a good guy to me

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Appleby isn't the preferred bid.

It might be the only bid left but it fails to hit the mark, there bid is considered simply not high enough.

It isn't close to 50 million yet.

Only one bid reached that mark.

This is where it gets interesting, Appleby and gadsby can now only do one thing, and that's submit a bid of 50 million or Derby are going into liquidation, as there are zero other bidders.

Appleby has messes around so long, Kirchner the only realistic bidder has left the bidding process.

Gadsby once reportedly offered 30 million for Derby and was declined.

Not sure that gadsby and Appleby have bid for Derby, since kitchners was the only bid that met the 50 million that the Administrators have asked for.

It strikes me that some of us are forgetting that the administrators primary responsibility is to get the best deal for the creditors. If, as you seem to be implying, they have rejected Kirchner’s offer in favour of a much lower one then they would potentially be displaying dereliction of duty. 

None of us know the full details of the various offers and seem to be making bold statements based largely on speculation and Twitter posts. 

As each day goes by I get more and more concerned but, if the administrator has allowed Kirchner to walk away without announcing him as preferred bidder I suspect there must be a good reason.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

It strikes me that some of us are forgetting that the administrators primary responsibility is to get the best deal for the creditors. If, as you seem to be implying, they have rejected Kirchner’s offer in favour of a much lower one then they would potentially be displaying dereliction of duty. 

None of us know the full details of the various offers and seem to be making bold statements based largely on speculation and Twitter posts. 

As each day goes by I get more and more concerned but, if the administrator has allowed Kirchner to walk away without announcing him as preferred bidder I suspect there must be a good reason.

I suspect we are ducked 

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m sorry but we can’t put a positive slant on this now .

The administrators promised preferred bidder before Xmas 

They have failed to deliver 

But the administrators are still getting paid, the longer this process is drawn out the more they will take from the pot. The longer this takes to complete, the more likely we are to be liquidated IMHO

Very troubling indeed. 

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

As stated by Kirchener it would appear that bids are are still increasing even as of yesterday. To me this means even his latest bid may not be as high as others in the process. As often stated the admins are required to secure the best deal for creditors which in simple terms will be the highest bid. Seems likely an auction is still going on and that means bidders will reach their maximum and then drop out. Perhaps clutching at straws I don’t know.