Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

3 hours ago, Eatonram said:

As stated by Kirchener it would appear that bids are are still increasing even as of yesterday. To me this means even his latest bid may not be as high as others in the process. As often stated the admins are required to secure the best deal for creditors which in simple terms will be the highest bid. Seems likely an auction is still going on and that means bidders will reach their maximum and then drop out. Perhaps clutching at straws I don’t know. 

Don't want to brag but...................

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

To be fair though not many fans (including myself) knew the damage Mel was causing. No one knew of different accountancy principles, huge unpaid HMRC bills, unsustainable wages. He talked about FFP a lot at least in last couple of seasons (too late) but I always thought the club would be aware of running the business with those constraints. 

The HMRC debt size was shocking. I work in tax and couldnt believe it had been allowed to accrue to such a huge figure. 

Just now, CBRammette said:

The HMRC debt size was shocking. I work in tax and couldnt believe it had been allowed to accrue to such a huge figure. 

Was it only possible due to emergency measures brought in because of Covid? I know you could defer paying any VAT due for quite a few months, (maybe even a year)?

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Was it only possible due to emergency measures brought in because of Covid? I know you could defer paying any VAT due for quite a few months, (maybe even a year)?

I've no idea. I understood we had furloughed staff. There were various reliefs and relaxations.  At work we helped clients with furlough claims and HMRC were on to them very quickly threatening to claw back JRS claim amounts if any payment plan payments or monthly PAYE/NIC even slightly late notwithstanding reliefs. I've never really understand the size of the debt and apparently having staff on furlough. Have always wondered if debt includes JRS clawback amounts. Guess we will never know. 

Soooo...

it looks like MM isn't being as generous with his exit strategy as first hoped

the bidders have been asked for more money

Kirchener and 1 other has complied with this

Kirchener thinks this will seal preferred bidder status

when the admins state this is still open, he throws his dummy out of the pram

the admins then say preferred bidder status is imminent. 

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

On  Gadsby and Appleby .

Please save our great club .

I will be forever grateful .

I keep thinking of the video of Appleby talking about how much his wife loved us and crying at Wembley I think.  That is what I am hanging all of my hopes on - Mrs Appleby applying the pressure as only a wife can

“Imminently” 

I despise that word, how many times as fans have we been told “imminently” in the last 2 years only for this “imminent” info / announcement to never materialise. 

The Admins have got to give us something soon, they’ve already missed several deadlines and I’m sure most will interpret “imminently” as today.

They certainly won’t be doing themselves any favours if further info isn’t forthcoming at some point today. 

If something doesn’t happen I can see this becoming pretty toxic (as if it isn’t enough already)

10 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I've no idea. I understood we had furloughed staff. There were various reliefs and relaxations.  At work we helped clients with furlough claims and HMRC were on to them very quickly threatening to claw back JRS claim amounts if any payment plan payments or monthly PAYE/NIC even slightly late notwithstanding reliefs. I've never really understand the size of the debt and apparently having staff on furlough. Have always wondered if debt includes JRS clawback amounts. Guess we will never know. 

We didn’t/couldn’t furlough playing staff though could we? Presumably PAYE/NIC was still due for them. PAYE/NIC on staff could that be furloughed would have been a drop in the ocean in comparison.

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

“Imminently” 

I despise that word, how many times as fans have we been told “imminently” in the last 2 years only for this “imminent” info / announcement to never materialise. 

The Admins have got to give us something soon, they’ve already missed several deadlines and I’m sure most will interpret “imminently” as today.

They certainly won’t be doing themselves any favours if further info isn’t forthcoming at some point today. 

If something doesn’t happen I can see this becoming pretty toxic (as if it isn’t enough already)

They haven’t missed any actual “deadlines” have they? Just the ambitious “expectations” have proved a little too ambitious.