Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

My reply seems to have disapperaed not sure why. Anyway I think Nixon only knows about Kirchner's bid and has no information about other bidders. that doesn't mean there are not others.

No idea. My lad sent me the link so thought I would post it. I don’t know much about Twitter, other than it’s full of idiots. Including Nixon, Brutal Sportz and my lad.

I don't think i'd like a manager having any major involvement with the ownership of a club at this level of football, it's a bit of a minefield if you ask me.

I suspect Rooney is pushing for Kirchner because he just wants it done and he has obviously spoken with him and happy with his vision.  He will know the sooner it is done, the more chance there is of keeping some of the players he wants to keep around.   

Have to wonder what has/is happening for it to take so long? I know it's not like going to the shop and making a simple purchase, but if you've got an interested party and a willing seller.  Something is obviously preventing it from happening.  Surely the Boro/Wycombe claims aren't? Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that will go nowhere.  

I can only assume it's due to HMRC and Kirchner/co not being willing to pay what the debts currently are, else surely it would have happened? 

2 minutes ago, SBW said:

I don't think i'd like a manager having any major involvement with the ownership of a club at this level of football, it's a bit of a minefield if you ask me.

I suspect Rooney is pushing for Kirchner because he just wants it done and he has obviously spoken with him and happy with his vision.  He will know the sooner it is done, the more chance there is of keeping some of the players he wants to keep around.   

Have to wonder what has/is happening for it to take so long? I know it's not like going to the shop and making a simple purchase, but if you've got an interested party and a willing seller.  Something is obviously preventing it from happening.  Surely the Boro/Wycombe claims aren't? Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that will go nowhere.  

I can only assume it's due to HMRC and Kirchner/co not being willing to pay what the debts currently are, else surely it would have happened? 

It's complicated 

38 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I said this about 40 pages ago

Yes a few of us have mentioned this and rightly so.

However I think it’s being overlooked by most, as the more pressing concern is, it could be this vs liquidation. When put like that then you can see why there’s a lack of interest in something that could be quite problematic further down the line.

Survival of the club is the most pressing concern. If we were a comfortable club looking at this takeover, then I think more people would be rightly alarmed at the potential for problems.

Edited by Ramarena

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Would there be any benefit to a buyer if a delay takes them past the window and some players are sold?

I doubt it when you consider that if we were under new ownership we’d be somewhat stabilised and clubs would know we weren’t going to accept a pittance for our players, if not then they’ll be thinking they can try their luck with pathetic offers and they’ll believe we’ll have no choice but to accept it. That’s of no benefit surely? If we’re going to sell players we want the offers to be realistic, it devalues the club even more if not.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Would there be any benefit to a buyer if a delay takes them past the window and some players are sold?

Pure speculation, but if significant money is received (say Knight, Bird, Buchanan and Sibley bring in over £10m) then that's a dent out of the debt that the new owner doesn't have to cough up.  But then they don't have those assets themselves to maximise.

In the current circumstances, the asset's values are diminished because people know the situation.  So it would be much more prudent to pay the debts, then sell the assets without being bent over a barrel.  

All that points to me that there's either a big issue over agreeing any kind of deal with creditors, or Kirchner doesn't actually have the funds/backing to pay what is owed as it stands.   As time passes, the situation gets worse for the club and any potential buyer. 

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Depends as well on the value on the books with straight line amortization. If they go for little could drop us in it under FFP , and the magic roundabout starts again!!

1 hour ago, I know nuffin said:

Depends as well on the value on the books with straight line amortization. If they go for little could drop us in it under FFP , and the magic roundabout starts again!!

If they're our home grown players (ie not bought for a fee) then there isn't anything to amortise. 

Any fee will be pure profit, in both accounts and P&S calcs.