Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

Do you think we need a complete break from people who have been connected to the club before.

I think we need owners with ...

- ambition to drive the club forward

- desire to spend to build the team

- understanding that a director of football can always be hired to assist with the running of the club, someone with the connections to get the right players in to achieve better things with club

- someone who rebuilds a quality scouting network at Derby

- someone who doesn't sell off all the youth talent but is willing to invest in the academy and let the youth play in the team

- someone who fully supports the manager and gives then the back chance of success

- someone who knows what it takes to build a successful business, even if that's not previously been in football

- someone who listens to the fans

- my recollection of Appleby & co, was that they were cautious owners but I believe spending has to take place at Derby if they are to rebuild the team and in my opinion it requires significant spending to rebuild.

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

So Maguire says:

“It looks as if Mel Morris himself is owed £124 million.

“Whether he’s going to insist on 25 percent of that, we’re uncertain.“

Uncertain?  Morris has said he’ll waive the lot. The administrators have said they are confident of a sale (as Maguire points out, there would be no sale if MM does not waive his debt). 

Maguire is a publicity grabbing public nuisance  

Agree.  It's typical Maguire for me.  Should carry the title as the biggest poo stirrer in football. all in his own interests.  Anyone in for this club will know the position - the Admins will have laid it all out.  Nothing ought to be a surprise now - he's just regurgitating clickbait stuff to gain more followers.  Maybe wrong but wasn't he one of the key players in kindly pointing out our amortisation policy to the EFL?  Like you say, I'm sure Morris said he'll forego the money.  And who's the "we're certain".  Not sure who he's referring to there?

I like the sound of Kirchner.  Breath of fresh air.  I'd rather have someone new at the club, not harking back to previous eras.  We need a fresh start on all counts.  He's young, ambitious but very business savvy. 92% of Slync employees approve of Kirchner as a CEO (Glassdoor).  Slync.io is attracting lots of investment, he seems to be going places.  He seems to share Rooney's vision for the club. My hope is he takes Derby on that journey. 

22 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Agree.  It's typical Maguire for me.  Should carry the title as the biggest poo stirrer in football. all in his own interests.  Anyone in for this club will know the position - the Admins will have laid it all out.  Nothing ought to be a surprise now - he's just regurgitating clickbait stuff to gain more followers.  Maybe wrong but wasn't he one of the key players in kindly pointing out our amortisation policy to the EFL?  Like you say, I'm sure Morris said he'll forego the money.  And who's the "we're certain".  Not sure who he's referring to there?

It’s the Royal we. As in we are not amused.

I kind of understand why people are hopping onboard with silver-tongued Kirchner.

I'm personally not sold to him, his enthusiastic approach is so... don't know... American? I've got nothing against him, but engaging a lot at this point makes him look overconfident and bit naïve.

I trust the administrators to pick the best of the bunch, if it's Kirchner then he gets my support.

42 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

He's still parading the line about HMRC having to be paid 100% of what we owe them too, despite extensive explanations from the administrators last weekend about them negotiating with HMRC about how much we're going to actually pay.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:21, Mucker1884 said:

I know 1970's Christmas' are a million years ago, but is anyone else fancying a cherry brandy, every time they read the name Chris Kirchner?  

I might treat mesen!   (Do they still do it?) ?‍♂️

chin, chin.  ?

8 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

Kirchner sounds like he could be the ‘cherry’ on top !! ??

@Keepyuppy by name, but not so much @Keepyuppy by nature!    ?

? ?

55 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I think we need owners with ...

- ambition to drive the club forward

- desire to spend to build the team

- understanding that a director of football can always be hired to assist with the running of the club, someone with the connections to get the right players in to achieve better things with club

- someone who rebuilds a quality scouting network at Derby

- someone who doesn't sell off all the youth talent but is willing to invest in the academy and let the youth play in the team

- someone who fully supports the manager and gives then the back chance of success

- someone who knows what it takes to build a successful business, even if that's not previously been in football

- someone who listens to the fans

- my recollection of Appleby & co, was that they were cautious owners but I believe spending has to take place at Derby if they are to rebuild the team and in my opinion it requires significant spending to rebuild.

I'm sorry but that sounds just like Mel Morris, and we know how that ended.

19 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

He's still parading the line about HMRC having to be paid 100% of what we owe them too, despite extensive explanations from the administrators last weekend about them negotiating with HMRC about how much we're going to actually pay.

Or the fact that PPS will be part of the deal. Apart from that Maguire is talking sense.

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm sorry but that sounds just like Mel Morris, and we know how that ended.

In my opinion, mm at first site was a good potential owner for Derby before he became the owner.

His tenure is a different matter, his recruitment policy was wrong in many cases both on managers and on players that joined the club.

Under mm we simply didn't have enough successful players brought in.

Mm took risks on new managers, but Lamport for example almost got the club promoted, though Lampards best signings in my opinion were his Loan signings.

How many managers that mm brought to the club would have been the fans first choice.

It felt to me as if mm was getting the wrong advice.

In case Derby are relegated, i see this as the correct advice for Derby to follow ...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/building-promotion-winning-plymouth-argyle-5292764.amp

But that in my opinion does not mean Appleby & co, would fit that requirement.