Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

19 hours ago, Kernow said:

It would be a remarkable achievement from the administrators if we were, even if it's in time for the January window then it would be good work.

I've seen a few Wigan related discussions on Twitter in connection to our recent news, and they're somewhat inquisitive, annoyed and dismissive about how we would be able to exit administration so quickly.

Wigan were in administration for 9 months, and their administrators were apparently struggling to sell them for £3mil. That spanned two transfer windows and some of the players they lost for below their true value included Gelhardt, Devine, Weir, Marshall, Byrne, Lowe and Kipre.

It's incredibly refreshing to know that we still seem to be an extremely attractive purchase for multiple people, and can avoid a lot of the damage Wigan had to suffer.

The sorry state of football nowadays. 

Other clubs fans are jealous of a club which is in administration. Tribalism has changed it's fur and while I despise hooliganism, this ain't pretty to watch either. 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes it wasn’t clear but his ‘3 week’ comments seemed more about the sale structure rather than the buyer’s identity 

I thought the "3 weeks" was to finally resolve the points deduction and debt repayments.

Maybe that's what you meant by "sale structure". But yes, it's not a date for the sale - he said that would likely be the end of the year or the first week in January.

Sweat on for the window.

The focus definitely appeared to be about potential buyers/investors rather than the points deductions. I thought everything would be ironed out and all would be clear before the purchaser was decided, but maybe they will have more of a say than I thought?

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I thought Simon Jordan was very rude; he kept interrupting Andrew Hoskins.

I know all we were interested is what Hoskins had to say!

At the end of the day the administrator isn’t a media presenter, so did sound apprehensive at times just because he had to think about what he was saying! Jordan sprang upon that as a reason to talk over him.

My understanding was it was 3-4 weeks to decide on the route out of admin. I.e. pick the winner. 
hopefully wrap up the takeover by the first week in January. 
and then hopefully the EFL will get their fingers out and settle whatever disputes and all point deductions will be done and by the end of the season for this season. So we go into the 22/23 season with a clean slate. 

1 hour ago, tinman said:

My understanding was it was 3-4 weeks to decide on the route out of admin. I.e. pick the winner. 
and then hopefully the EFL will get their fingers out and settle whatever disputes and all point deductions will be done and by the end of the season for this season. So we go into the 22/23 season with a clean slate. 

Let’s hope so

57 minutes ago, ossieram said:

My understanding was that he meant it would be 3 weeks before we announce it will be happening in 48 hours.

I've set a reminder on my phone to re-download the Abe Simpson walk in/walk out GIF at the relevant date.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Did anyone else pick up on the fact that when asked if Kirchner was in pole position Hosking said "he is probably in the top 2 or 3".

So someone must be in top 1 then.

I didn't take it like that....i thought when asked he meant he's in the top2 or 3 meaning he could be number 1, 2 or 3 

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

If Alonso had put in an offer i'm confident he'd be a Number 2

it may be how i've interpreted it but i just though top 2 meant you could be 1 or 2 and top 3 the same 1,2 or 3 i don't think he wanted to be drawn into who was in pole position 

6 hours ago, tinman said:

I think they are aiming to sort out the EFl before the takeover   He suggested EFl had been dragging feet but had ‘now’ begun to engage. 

the admins want buyers to sharpen their pencils and buyers can only do this if they know where we stand with EFl.   Hoskins did not completely rule out that points could be deducted next season 

I’m worried about the EFl tbh   The Gibson camp will be looking at our good form, and will reckon we can avoid the drop if we have no more than - 15 and if we strengthen in Jan. So there may be in-fighting at the EFl which might delay resolution. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

17 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think they are aiming to sort out the EFl before the takeover   He suggested EFl had been dragging feet but had ‘now’ begun to engage. 

the admins want buyers to sharpen their pencils and buyers can only do this if they know where we stand with EFl.   Hoskins did not completely rule out that points could be deducted next season 

I’m worried about the EFl tbh   The Gibson camp will be looking at our good form, and will reckon we can avoid the drop if we have no more than - 15 and if we strengthen in Jan. So there may be in-fighting at the EFl which might delay resolution. 

001C1547-9E75-40D2-852C-078C97BB135C.jpeg

7 hours ago, Chester40 said:

The focus definitely appeared to be about potential buyers/investors rather than the points deductions.

Has to be right now buddy. Points deductions are irrelevant if the club is liquidated, so the priority was always going to be finding investors.

There is a meeting booked with the EFL as well, so there's engagement there too. FWIW, these guys seem pretty sharp cookies to me, so I think we are in good hands.

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

What you say is entirely possible.

When you read what you have put, assuming it's true, how bad is it..

Dragging feet by the EFL, concern that we 'may' beat the drop, in fighting between members of the EFL, some of which have ongoing legal disputes with us.. what an absolute shambles.

I actually wish the EFL were dealing with the break away premier league teams, the way they are dealing with us I'd expect Man U, Tottenham, Chelsea et al to be non league teams before long.