Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Really?? Pay them anything and you are as good as admitting culpability and they will ask for more. They have no possible case against us.

They have hardly any possible case. He’s still making noise about it and why else would he, if he didn’t think he could extract something ?
That said, maybe you’re right, the admins should just ignore him and tell the buyers they need to do the same 

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

They have hardly any possible case. He’s still making noise about it and why else would he, if he didn’t think he could extract something ?
That said, maybe you’re right, the admins should just ignore him and tell the buyers they need to do the same 

He’s making noise I think because the fans have a grievance about being relegated. 
so he’s blaming Derby. 

in terms of a legal or financial case it makes no sense.

22 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Presumably any case he has is against EFL and not us?

41 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

He’s making noise I think because the fans have a grievance about being relegated. 
so he’s blaming Derby. 

in terms of a legal or financial case it makes no sense.

Mel and DCFC conspiring together to damage WW’s legitimate interests?  For example. It’s rubbish but may be worth a couple of hundred grand if you’re willing to stoop so low. 

I find the Wycombe thing so odd, even their owner is half-arsed about the legal challenge:

Couhig told the Sun: "We have put it in the hands of the lawyers. They have made claims against the administrators. They have been made aware of that. Who the heck knows what happens next. It’s hard enough understanding American bankruptcy so I’ve got to get into British bankruptcy laws now.

I don’t know if we call it legal action. But a claim has been presented and is with all of the others. I don’t know if it’s secured or unsecured. It’s in the big jumble of things Derby have to deal with.”

3 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I find the Wycombe thing so odd, even their owner is half-arsed about the legal challenge:

Couhig told the Sun: "We have put it in the hands of the lawyers. They have made claims against the administrators. They have been made aware of that. Who the heck knows what happens next. It’s hard enough understanding American bankruptcy so I’ve got to get into British bankruptcy laws now.

I don’t know if we call it legal action. But a claim has been presented and is with all of the others. I don’t know if it’s secured or unsecured. It’s in the big jumble of things Derby have to deal with.”

The biggest bit there- we're not bankrupt-  duhhhhh!

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Presumably any case he has is against EFL and not us?

Indeed, but that’s a rational take. You should see the Wycombe forum, there are a couple of rational posters who see this for what it is. But some are utterly deluded and have absolutely no real idea what we are “guilty” of.

My personal favourite is the one that equates us to a rogue paramedic

Are we?

It's ambulance chasing if the paramedic had robbed someone else's paramedic degree, mistreated you resulting in you losing 8 million quid in earnings, and then insulted you as they nicked your wallet in plain sight.

19 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Are we?

It's ambulance chasing if the paramedic had robbed someone else's paramedic degree, mistreated you resulting in you losing 8 million quid in earnings, and then insulted you as they nicked your wallet in plain sight.

What? I tried to understand that analogy and its made my head hurt! 

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

If we settled anything on this can you imagine the spurious claims clubs would start putting in against other clubs without going through any proper legal process. We could start by billing Rotherham or whoever it was who cancelled the game when we got there for us to have to play it the next day after the hassle of the day before - must be worth a hundred thousand? It would be chaos. You dont just send someone a made up bill - its really tinpot amateur garbage isnt it? And what about teams sending bills to Wycombe for their dubious promotion to start with?

Edited by CBRammette
Afterthought

I think the Wycombe thing is sad. They are trying to put fuel on the fire thats not lit. Since news of creditable prospective new owners as come out they must have got their lawyers to write a begging letter to the administrators, hoping they pass it on to the new owner.     Even Mr Popodopolous (Bristol City Forum, who hates us) states the Wycombe whinge should be with the EFL and not Derby. Talking of Mr Pop-at-Derby-i'm-jealous, he's stated that April 22nd 3pm at Pride Park could be the day Derby get relegated (no prizes for who our opponents are that day).

P.S. Article on his statements can be found on their forum site under the title "Derby Deserve Relegation"

I listened to the Talksport interview but the kids were taking and I got confused with the part about the two different point deductions.  I know the administrator said nothing would carry over to the next season (he seemed sure of this but I see people are still speculating on here they may) but I wasn't sure what he said about the appeal and the possibility of the other points deduction happening....?

8 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I think the Wycombe thing is sad. They are trying to put fuel on the fire thats not lit. Since news of creditable prospective new owners as come out they must have got their lawyers to write a begging letter to the administrators, hoping they pass it on to the new owner.     Even Mr Popodopolous (Bristol City Forum, who hates us) states the Wycombe whinge should be with the EFL and not Derby. Talking of Mr Pop-at-Derby-i'm-jealous, he's stated that April 22nd 3pm at Pride Park could be the day Derby get relegated (no prizes for who our opponents are that day).

P.S. Article on his statements can be found on their forum site under the title "Derby Deserve Relegation"

Mr Pop-at-Derby-i'm-jealous, even got the date wrong, it's actually the 23rd of April

7 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Indeed, but that’s a rational take. You should see the Wycombe forum, there are a couple of rational posters who see this for what it is. But some are utterly deluded and have absolutely no real idea what we are “guilty” of.

Are we?

That's probably one of three quotes you had to choose from as their fan base would fit in a tent.

8 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Are we?

I'll have some of whatever he's on !!  ???

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

The Mr Pop guy seems obsessive and deluded. Pages and pages of conjecture and obsession with Derby. This whole EFL debacle just shows the lack of critical thinking of rival fans- ‘ Derby cheated relegate them’ without any kind of rational thought process. Bizarre

Just spent time on BCFC forum. It’s interesting that people take the odd quote or something taken out of context and make something out of it. They are not alone with this, we do it as well sometimes. 

they are somethings right and others not. We overspent for 1 year and the consequences of that and the high wages provoked the debt. It was a mad gamble that didn’t pay off.  The last couple of years our overheads have. been low, but the damage was already done.

the amortisation was stupid, if Mel had been upfront and transparent then things would have been better. I still think it’s allowed under company rules but apparently not for EFL.

the sale of the stadium was to circumvent FFP, lots of others have done it but not for that amount. 

re the administration thing, it’s right to appeal. COVID is an FM event. However to be successful we will need to show that is was that and nothing else that put us into administration.  The problem here is that we don’t have all the facts. The debt itself is not the issue ( others have far larger debts and payrolls) it’s our ability to service that debt. Without Covid-19 would we have paid our bills. If yes then FM is the reason why we went into administration. If not then it’s a 12 point deduction.  Selling an academy player for £1m would have made no difference it’s the fact we had lost £20m to COVID.

re Wycombe and Gibson, I really don’t think it’s an issue and they should be going to the EFL not us.

it looks like we will get a new owner. We need to have a sustainable business plan with a combination of the academy system and the Brentford way of buying players.

other clubs such as the Gumps and BCFC have been lucky they have managed to sell big to offset their buying we have not. We have to be better with who we buy and what wages we pay.

47 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

The Mr Pop guy seems obsessive and deluded. Pages and pages of conjecture and obsession with Derby. This whole EFL debacle just shows the lack of critical thinking of rival fans- ‘ Derby cheated relegate them’ without any kind of rational thought process. Bizarre

Strange fella.  if you go on a stag do you get a set of mates you know, some of the grooms family and workmates you don't know and you have that risky moment, 800 miles from home for two days, that you might be stuck on the first round talking to the most boring man on the planet, who normally never leaves his mums basement and latches onto you talking about FFP for 8 hours straight.  Your weekends done before it starts and your hammered by 9'0 clock to numb the pain . 

Worse still, you'll be out randomly 5 years later and he'll tap you on the shoulder like he saw you yesterday and carry on the same conversation bar to bar till the clubs kick out. That's this guy.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I know the administrator said nothing would carry over to the next season (he seemed sure of this but I see people are still speculating on here they may)

Don’t think he was sure of it. But he suggested he thought it unlikely anything would carry over. Have not checked it thought