Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

Wasn't the 10th October when it was confirmed we HAD appealed the penalty, as in past tense? As it has been openly stated that an appeal must happen within 7 days it must have been before that expired or the EFL would have thrown it out instantly. Not as if they'd give us special dispensation to delay an appeal....!

I'm sure if you go back and look at the language the Administrators were using suggests they had stated they were fighting the points deduction,  but everyone assumed it was the P+S one?

3 hours ago, Quagga said:

12.16     The League Arbitration Panel shall hear any Sporting Sanctions Appeal within 21 days of the lodgement of the Sporting Sanctions Appeal.

Well they've clearly breached their own rules
Grounds for dismissal, surely or at least a #100k fine for the EFL ?

The admins and the EFL want to settle it so perhaps there’s agreement the hearing should be postponed while they try to reach agreement 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Some people criticising us spending £300k on legal fees on this. How much are Wycombe spending in legal fees for their claim. Even if they won a claim they wouldn’t get £300k back anyway.

I think Wycombe have submitted their claim on the back of a fag packet so, what's that nowadays, a tenner? 

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think Wycombe have submitted their claim on the back of a fag packet so, what's that nowadays, a tenner? 

Well their owner is a lawyer I think. Is he charging the club a commercial rate for his time? Is that in accordance with ffp rules? Or is he trying to leverage an unfair advantage over Derby?

Edited by PistoldPete

This is hot air from Wycombe, they are just trying yo disrupt a takeover.  They must realise, the EFL are not going to entertain this. 

The EFL are the ones who dragged this out, Derby have witheld accounts as they did not want to be charged again.

We are where we are and Wycombe need to accept it, pretty much in the same way as we did when QPR went up after overspending by £50m.  Did we sue?  No, as there was no point, Wycombe are mischief making, they have zero chance of achieving any compensation.....

Edited by RAM1966

20 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

This is hot air from Wycombe, they are just trying yo disrupt a takeover.  They must realise, the EFL are not going to entertain this. 

The EFL are the ones who dragged this out, Derby have witheld accounts as they did not want to be charged again.

We are where we are and Wycombe need to accept it, pretty much in the same way as we did when QPR went up after overspending by £50m.  Did we sue?  No, as there was no point, Wycombe are mischief making, they have zero chance of achieving any compensation.....

I agree it's probably hot air but I'm struggling to see their motivation. I can't really believe that their chairman is vindictive enough to want to scupper a takeover and see a football club cease to exist.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I agree it's probably hot air but I'm struggling to see their motivation. I can't really believe that their chairman is vindictive enough to want to scupper a takeover and see a football club cease to exist.

Did you miss the part about £6M? Nothing about being vindictive - purely specualting in the hope that they can get added to the list of football creditors and make some money out of our predicament.....

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I can't really believe that their chairman is vindictive enough to want to scupper a takeover and see a football club cease to exist.

US lawyer. Knows that quite possibly  the admins will pay him something to go away even if his claim is baseless. And certainly would not shed a tear if his antics contributed to our demise. 

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

US lawyer. Knows that quite possibly  the admins will pay him something to go away even if his claim is baseless. And certainly would not shed a tear if his antics contributed to our demise. 

Really?? Pay them anything and you are as good as admitting culpability and they will ask for more. They have no possible case against us.

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Did you miss the part about £6M? Nothing about being vindictive - purely specualting in the hope that they can get added to the list of football creditors and make some money out of our predicament.....

Yes, exactly. It happens whenever a company goes into Administration - people with legitimate claims throw the kitchen sink into it, people with tenuous or unproven claims stick one in anyway. When the Administrators publish the Statement of Affairs, I'll be amazed if Wycombe's claim is even listed, because there is nothing in existence that would support the legitimacy of their claim : no contract, no performance or consideration that might suggest a contract existed, no court order setting out liability - nothing.

Unless they're able to get some official preliminary award as to liability against DCFC, I can't see their claim making it onto the SoA, though it may be listed as a future risk in the narrative. 

27 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

US Lawyer=Vindictive, If they can smell money they'll chase it, He's playing to his fans, His fans will be lapping it up, Showing little fish can hurt big fish, My how have we become a cash cow for Wycombe, Charlton and Ipswich ?

49 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

No I didn’t. I was replying to the original post that suggested they didn’t have a hope and were just doing it to disturb a takeover. Perhaps you didn’t read that.

19 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yes, exactly. It happens whenever a company goes into Administration - people with legitimate claims throw the kitchen sink into it, people with tenuous or unproven claims stick one in anyway. When the Administrators publish the Statement of Affairs, I'll be amazed if Wycombe's claim is even listed, because there is nothing in existence that would support the legitimacy of their claim : no contract, no performance or consideration that might suggest a contract existed, no court order setting out liability - nothing.

Unless they're able to get some official preliminary award as to liability against DCFC, I can't see their claim making it onto the SoA, though it may be listed as a future risk in the narrative. 

My understanding is that Wycombe have simply sent the club a bill and, as you rightly point out, there is no contractual reason why the Administrators should even consider payment.

Perhaps Wycombe should send their bill to the EFL.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

No I didn’t. I was replying to the original post that suggested they didn’t have a hope and were just doing it to disturb a takeover. Perhaps you didn’t read that.

I did read it - and responded appropriately....

If Wycombe are successful we should immediately instruct our lawyers to sue Villa and QPR. 

If Wycombe are suing us for 6 million I'm guessing suing Villa and QPR for 100 million a piece for lost revenue should be fair.

I'd also sue Ipswich for one of their players thuggishly breaking one of our players legs.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod