Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Really? Absolute guarantee??? There is a scenario where we'd get the 12 admin points removed, and I doubt we'd have a 12 point P&S deduction.

Yes. I can see 3 / 6 coming off the admin but 4 / 6 for PandS added on … it’s all in the timing though isn’t it ? 

Tall order defeating the current deduction but to get hit again next season .. wherever we are, would be a nasty below the belt blow. 

has anyone beaten a 12 point deduction ? 

4 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

I don’t believe for 1 moment Covid19 was the cause for our administration. I do feel it hastened it along though. We were haemorrhaging money pre Covid19 but I fully except this probably doubled during Covid19. If a buyer couldn’t be found at Mels asking price which I see no evidence to suggest was likely. Then admin would have probably followed this time next year. Having said that, if MM is willing to state that he would have been happy to continue to fund this loss without Covid19 coming along then the appeal isn’t without merit 

This is a valid point. Consider, Mel needed to stump up, let’s say 1.5 million a month and although he wasn’t happy he’d carry on until a buyer was found over the next 12 months or so. 

Then along comes Covid .. which has a number of effects 

1) vastly reduced income for the club .. thus doubling what he needed to put in …. Cause = Covid

2) Mels investments outside DCFC suffer 30% fall in value (this is what happened to the FTSE 100) .. so he’d be asked to stump up 50% more from 30% reduced wealth …. Cause = Covid

3) Likelyhood of decent buyers being interested during the unknown poostorm that Covid caused becomes rare at best. Cause = Covid 

42 minutes ago, jono said:

This is a valid point. Consider, Mel needed to stump up, let’s say 1.5 million a month and although he wasn’t happy he’d carry on until a buyer was found over the next 12 months or so. 

Then along comes Covid .. which has a number of effects 

1) vastly reduced income for the club .. thus doubling what he needed to put in …. Cause = Covid

2) Mels investments outside DCFC suffer 30% fall in value (this is what happened to the FTSE 100) .. so he’d be asked to stump up 50% more from 30% reduced wealth …. Cause = Covid

3) Likelyhood of decent buyers being interested during the unknown poostorm that Covid caused becomes rare at best. Cause = Covid 

Mel's investment in PPS also not looking so tidy , also due to covid.

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Nope it’s 12 points or zero points 

No, it's any number between 0 & 12
Good news is, unlike the EFL's no doubt secret fantasy, they can't increase it

12.18     The League Arbitration Panel shall have the power to:

12.18.1  confirm the deduction of 12 points; or

12.18.2  set aside the deduction of 12 points and substitute a deduction of such lower number of points as it shall deem appropriate; or

12.18.3  order that there shall be no sanction at all.

The EFL's argument is going to be predictable "The reason the club is in administration is because it did not have enough money, therefore the reason for the club beining in administration is that it did not have any money, and thus he reason cannot be any other reason."

And they'll be very disappointed if anyone ever argues with the above logic.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The EFL's argument is going to be predictable "The reason the club is in administration is because it did not have enough money, therefore the reason for the club beining in administration is that it did not have any money, and thus he reason cannot be any other reason."

And they'll be very disappointed if anyone ever argues with the above logic.

"shocked" I think was the phrase quoted in the Torygraph.  We must symapthise with the trauma that EFL must be under at this difficult time.

Surely the 12 point saga must have been ruled on by now. I cannot imagine any prospective owner expressing interest without knowing that outcome first. Way.neis playing a blinder for us now. I am contemplating changing my icon to Wayne...what a guy. Any offers to help with that would be greatly appreciated.

14 minutes ago, David said:

12.16     The League Arbitration Panel shall hear any Sporting Sanctions Appeal within 21 days of the lodgement of the Sporting Sanctions Appeal.

Well they've clearly breached their own rules
Grounds for dismissal, surely or at least a #100k fine for the EFL ?

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The EFL don't want a precedent set that the 12 point administration penalty can be successfully challenged.

Obviously the rules have to say it can be challenged, but they don't want anyone thinking they can put a club into administration without the 12 points being deducted.

The EFL will be worried what a successful challenge might lead to in the future, a successful challenge might be the first step in replacing the EFL with an organisation that is competent and proactive.

24 minutes ago, Quagga said:

12.16     The League Arbitration Panel shall hear any Sporting Sanctions Appeal within 21 days of the lodgement of the Sporting Sanctions Appeal.

Well they've clearly breached their own rules
Grounds for dismissal, surely or at least a #100k fine for the EFL ?

Depends on when the appeal was lodged. It looks like it was around the 10th October. 21 days would be 31st October. So, they might not have breached YET.

19 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Isn’t that more than a week after the administration began and/or we received the 12-point penalty?

Yes - you have 7 days to appeal after the EFL serves you with the penalty notice.
Interesting the regs seem to say Article 50 covers the timing of that Notice - but article 50 is Prohibition of Third Party Investment, so i'm a little confused