Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Do you think that for us to even be in those playoffs meant we levered an advantage over the majority of the other teams in the Championship.

Ultimately we failed to realise what we were attempting to do absolutely agree with you on that point.

As another poster has already stated ultimately it's irrelevant if we did gain an advantage or not it's whether we broke any rules in the process. 

What advantage did we "lever" over Middlesborough? When they had a higher wage bill than us? Or Stoke? Who spent shed loads and knicked Rowett off us? And as this poster has said when Millwall broke the rules they didn't even get a fine, because they were relegated anyway. And what rules have we broken again? An accounting standard, according to a group of non-accountants. yeah, right.

What I think we were attempting to do was buy and sell in the transfer market like Brentford. We didn't do that very well, that's true. Like Brentford we kept on failing in play off games too. Brentford eventually succeeded at the umpteenth attempt , whilst we didn't. Unlucky darts. But why should we be punished for that surely not succeeding is punishment enough especially when the dice are loaded against us in the first place?

13 hours ago, Crewton said:

We've already seen from his responses to RamsTrust questions that he's adopting a "before my time" approach. It's the previous regime, who failed to spot what Derby (and others) were doing and who acted far too sluggishly who are to blame for any issues, not him and his current team. You can also see from his recently publicised agenda for change that we're the perfect example of the "failed owner-financed" model that helps to back up his calls for a new approach and a different financial model. Ask yourself what he's done so far to help either Morris or the Administrators mitigate the club's financial difficulties (it's an easy one) and that provides further evidence that the liquidation of DCFC could be quite useful to him, or at the very least would be of no great concern to him.

some people can have a fantastical approach to these matters that is in reality conspiratorial. I don't take that approach and I don't think it's in the EFL's interest that one of its founder and biggest members go out of business thus it makes little sense for the essential head of the EFL to take this approach. Rather than focusing on the utter mismanagement that has dragged our club to this position instead we're going after bogeymen who think they're setting us up for a fall.  

9 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

What I think we were attempting to do was buy and sell in the transfer market like Brentford. We didn't do that very well, that's true. 

You mean by not looking any further than a Wasserman Player Catalogue.

You need to give your head a wobble. Our transfer market policy was diametrically opposed to that which Brentford were doing.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

You mean by not looking any further than a Wasserman Player Catalogue.

You need to give your head a wobble. Our transfer market policy was diametrically opposed to that which Brentford were doing.

Well we hoped to buy and sell at a profit. and did so wih Ince and vydra and some of the academy players.. The selling side wasn't too bad apart from messed up on Will Hughes. Our buying strategy was very poor indeed , and no arguments on that front. We nearly signed Ollie Watkins .. who ended up at Brentford! Grrrr!   

8 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

some people can have a fantastical approach to these matters that is in reality conspiratorial. I don't take that approach and I don't think it's in the EFL's interest that one of its founder and biggest members go out of business thus it makes little sense for the essential head of the EFL to take this approach. Rather than focusing on the utter mismanagement that has dragged our club to this position instead we're going after bogeymen who think they're setting us up for a fall.  

Whilst I would agree we cannot know what motivates Rick Parry although he strikes me as egotistical, it is I believe a fact that he has done nothing to help the club in its predicament, and much to hinder it.

And I do not think the EFL or their apologists are in any position to lecture Derby about its "mismanagement".

Edited by PistoldPete

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Was just about to say you've cocked up there, but actually, as it's turned out, I'm not sure you have!  Looks like Mel achieved that in the end!    ?

Well yes it was a typo but also a very good point. We have been deducted 12 points for already being at an unfair disadvanatge compared to other teams.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Whilst I would agree we cannot know what motivates Rick Parry although he strikes me as egotistical, it is I believe a fact that he has done nothing to help the club in its predicament, and much to hinder it.

And I do not think the EFL or their apologists are in any position to lecture Derby about its "mismanagement".

Why would he help us? We’re pissing him about again by questioning the efls authority over the 12pt deduction. The same arrogance from Morris is there with the administrator, as I’ve said before (and I know it isn’t popular on here), we all have to show some humility before we ask for help in anything we do.

10 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Why would he help us? We’re pissing him about again by questioning the efls authority over the 12pt deduction. The same arrogance from Morris is there with the administrator, as I’ve said before (and I know it isn’t popular on here), we all have to show some humility before we ask for help in anything we do.

No, we're sticking to the EFL's procedures. The 12 points have to be imposed before an appeal can take place. 12 points was automatic for going into administration.

It is a fact that there is an EFL rule that allows for cases of force majuere.  Simply appealing the decision on the basis of an existing rule that may apply isn’t “pissing him about” at all, the EFL would have expected it even though they may be “disappointed”

Humility is one thing, doing the best you can by exploring all the available avenues to avoid the worst outcome for you is another.

Purely my own opinion of course!

Andrew

33 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Yeah let’s just let the 12 points stand when we have a legitimate right to appeal.

Also let’s just accept the 9 point P&S penalty when (according to Mel) we’ve breached by £4m which is a 4 point breach, while Reading are facing 6 points despite blowing P&S to bits

According to Nixon in The Sun on Sunday (24.10.21, pg. 65), Derby County will ask potential new owners to help pay wages. The club will ask certain takeover groups to oversee some ‘soft loans' to help cover wage costs until a permanent buyer is found, which administrators Quantuma hope will be before the end of the year. Buyers will be asked to submit formal offers of around £50m in the coming weeks.

1) what are buyers getting for 50 million, ownership of the ground?! A huge chunk of the debt paid off?! 

2) what's in it for potential owners, to pay the wages are they guaranteed first rights on the club;

3) If it continues to look like the club is being relegated, since derbys failing to win matches, then I think the clubs value reduces and I reckon 5 million for a club with this debt level and that's in League One might be worth it

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

3) If it continues to look like the club is being relegated, since derbys failing to win matches, then I think the clubs value reduces and I reckon 5 million for a club with this debt level and that's in League One might be worth it

May I ask how you've calculated that valuation?

42 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

EFL is supposed to represent the interests of member clubs. Derby is a member club... in fact a founding member. Would it be too much for a body that represents its members interests to try and help a member in its hour of need?

The 12 point deduction is  an automatic deduction so it's not as if the EFL made any decisons on that, the process is set out in the EFL Rules which are also being followed by the administrators. There is no need for anyone to feel pissed about or "shocked" by that,  in fact is is completly improper for EFL to comment in such a way.

58 minutes ago, Oldben said:

According to Nixon in The Sun on Sunday (24.10.21, pg. 65), Derby County will ask potential new owners to help pay wages. The club will ask certain takeover groups to oversee some ‘soft loans' to help cover wage costs until a permanent buyer is found, which administrators Quantuma hope will be before the end of the year. Buyers will be asked to submit formal offers of around £50m in the coming weeks.

1) what are buyers getting for 50 million, ownership of the ground?! A huge chunk of the debt paid off?! 

2) what's in it for potential owners, to pay the wages are they guaranteed first rights on the club;

We are clearly not going down if we are  only finally docked 12 points.

52 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

EFL is supposed to represent the interests of member clubs. Derby is a member club... in fact a founding member. Would it be too much for a body that represents its members interests to try and help a member in its hour of need?

The 12 point deduction is  an automatic deduction so it's not as if the EFL made any decisons on that, the process is set out in the EFL Rules which are also being followed by the administrators. There is no need for anyone to feel pissed about or "shocked" by that,  in fact is is completly improper for EFL to comment in such a way.

COVID makes automatic penalty seem negotiable to me.