Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

18 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Sorry, I didn't realise you knew Rick and his inner thoughts. 

I base my thinking on the observation of obvious dichotomies like the EFL not having a defined standard for player amortisation, yet the EFL under Rick Parry charging Derby for using a form of amortisation that wasn't proscribed and whose compliance with FRS102 is subject to debate in accounting circles, and said R Parry esq then claiming that player amortisation was not the driver for pursuing charges against Derby whilst simultaneously pursuing charges against Derby based on requiring Derby to resubmit their P&S calculations on the basis of the EFL's non-prescribed amortisation method, whilst also stating his determination to have player amortisation removed from P&S calculations. 

Can you see the issue here? 

I can see AN issue, but maybe not the one you see.

In Blackpool's case, one of the issues was that the EFL didn't know their own rules on retrospective application of the Owners & Directors Test, and falsely claimed that they couldn't be applied in the case of a rape conviction. It was simple incompetence, and I believe that the Head of Governance then may be the same guy who is advising Parry now. I wouldn't have much faith in his ability, but I don't think there is anything sinister about it. The issue for me is that they aren't up to the regulatory job, and don't fancy doing it anyway. 

@The BaronJust out of interest and feel free to ignore, just looking for your personal views of the situation.

You may have answered these elsewhere so apologies, I haven't been following media coverage that closely.

Administration aside, do you believe we deserve further punishments, if so for what exactly?

Do you agree that the EFL regulations do not prohibit our amortisation methods that were used, however they may not be in the spirit of FFP?

What punishment do you feel would be appropriate for our crimes?

Do you feel Steve Gibson has grounds to sue either the EFL, Derby County or both?

Do you feel like FFP or P&S rules are working in football?

Do you feel like an independent regulator is needed for football, if so why?

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Sorry, I didn't realise you knew Rick and his inner thoughts. 

I base my thinking on the observation of obvious dichotomies like the EFL not having a defined standard for player amortisation, yet the EFL under Rick Parry charging Derby for using a form of amortisation that wasn't proscribed and whose compliance with FRS102 is subject to debate in accounting circles, and said R Parry esq then claiming that player amortisation was not the driver for pursuing charges against Derby whilst simultaneously pursuing charges against Derby based on requiring Derby to resubmit their P&S calculations on the basis of the EFL's non-prescribed amortisation method, whilst also stating his determination to have player amortisation removed from P&S calculations. 

Can you see the issue here? 

Gobbledygook

language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of technical terms.

41 minutes ago, The Baron said:

Dear Pete

The Wigan administrator used force majeure relating to Covid as their defence for the club going into administration and it was rejected.

There are some similarities and some differences between the two claims. 

Whether that’s enough to overcome the penalty is for others to decide. In my opinion (which isn’t fact I appreciate) Derby have the best legal team in the country working for them, which can only help. 

Ok. Well let's see. I think Derby's case is much stronger than Wigan's but of course I am biased. 

36 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I base my thinking on the observation of obvious dichotomies like the EFL not having a defined standard for player amortisation, yet the EFL under Rick Parry charging Derby for using a form of amortisation that wasn't proscribed and whose compliance with FRS102 is subject to debate in accounting circles, and said R Parry esq then claiming that player amortisation was not the driver for pursuing charges against Derby whilst simultaneously pursuing charges against Derby based on requiring Derby to resubmit their P&S calculations on the basis of the EFL's non-prescribed amortisation method, whilst also stating his determination to have player amortisation removed from P&S calculations

There's amazing inventions called full stops, semi colons and paragraphs.

26 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I can see AN issue, but maybe not the one you see.

In Blackpool's case, one of the issues was that the EFL didn't know their own rules on retrospective application of the Owners & Directors Test, and falsely claimed that they couldn't be applied in the case of a rape conviction. It was simple incompetence, and I believe that the Head of Governance then may be the same guy who is advising Parry now. I wouldn't have much faith in his ability, but I don't think there is anything sinister about it. The issue for me is that they aren't up to the regulatory job, and don't fancy doing it anyway. 

Fit and proper and Oyston are plainly incompatible. If the Head of Compliance doesn't think rape is an issue then he is not fit or proper either.  

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Neither have been forgotten about and are still ongoing issues. Bury in particular will prove terminal for EFL. 

I would like to bet you 10 million million million dollars that Bury will NOT be terminal for the EFL, the EFL will out live Bury, in fact they already have so you owe me 10 milllion milllion million dollars.

29 minutes ago, David said:

@The BaronJust out of interest and feel free to ignore, just looking for your personal views of the situation.

You may have answered these elsewhere so apologies, I haven't been following media coverage that closely.

Administration aside, do you believe we deserve further punishments, if so for what exactly?

Do you agree that the EFL regulations do not prohibit our amortisation methods that were used, however they may not be in the spirit of FFP?

What punishment do you feel would be appropriate for our crimes?

Do you feel Steve Gibson has grounds to sue either the EFL, Derby County or both?

Do you feel like FFP or P&S rules are working in football?

Do you feel like an independent regulator is needed for football, if so why?

1: Only if there has been a P&S breach

2: Spirit of FFP is irrelevant (see Everton and naming rights). Only thing that matters is if rules have been breached.

3: Tariff for breach was set out in the Birmingham case, with a sliding scale linked to the extent to which P&S limit is exceeded.

4: Tricky one.

5: They have addressed some problems but caused others.

6: I’m in favour as self regulation has not been an overwhelming success, but it won’t be a silver bullet, just look at regulators such as OFCOM and the water industry. Effectiveness will depend on the powers of the regulator and whether they want to be unpopular with club owners or not.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

So your right and I’m wrong and I’m not allowed an opinion. I didn’t say I agree with everything the club does or every decision the owner takes , but if you support the club you do so in the bad times as well as the good not just when it suits you. It’s a bit like having kids. I along with 3000 or so other fans will be cheering the team on at Coventry tomorrow regardless , trying to keep them in this division. Like I said that’s my opinion, I didn’t rubbish yours .

You literally said you're either behind everything the club does on and off the pitch, or you're not a supporter!

That's pretty much the definition of 100% backing.

The response said nothing about you having an opinion, rightly or wrongly.

8 minutes ago, The Baron said:

2: Spirit of FFP is irrelevant (see Everton and naming rights). Only thing that matters is if rules have been breached.

3: Tariff for breach was set out in the Birmingham case, with a sliding scale linked to the extent to which P&S limit is exceeded.

6: I’m in favour as self regulation has not been an overwhelming success, but it won’t be a silver bullet, just look at regulators such as OFCOM and the water industry. Effectiveness will depend on the powers of the regulator and whether they want to be unpopular with club owners or not.

Regarding point one, do you have any idea why there is what appears to be an unhealthy delay in hearing from the EFL? 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

8 minutes ago, The Baron said:

4 is a cop out, if ever I saw one.

What about every club that's ever breached FFP ? Is it right that every other club affected can sue? There'd be no clubs left! 

13 minutes ago, The Baron said:

I think the problem that Derby fans have with is that the efl have show to be very poor at self regulation. The opaqueness of how decisions are made on what charges to persue etc seem like they're open to political motivation. The EFLs language in their 'disappointment' in being unable to punish us further and their actions in producing an interchangeable fixture list, for example seems inappropriate for an impartial body. 

I enjoy your podcast kieran just not so much when you're talking about us! 

Edited by alexxxxx

Just now, angieram said:

4 is a cop out, if ever I saw one.

What about every club that's ever breached FFP ? Is it right that every other club affected can sue? There'd be no clubs left! 

Agreed DCFC could / Should have sued QPR and Villa in particular and also maybe Leicester , Bournemouth , Leeds at al if Boro can sue DCFC. Where would this end ?