Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

43 minutes ago, Eddie said:

On the contrary, for the past few seasons we have been in the hands of somebody clearly prepared to gamble - and for the most part, Derby fans were happy with that situation.

The administrators are working with one remit only - to do their best on behalf of the creditors.

Wouldn’t we be worth more with less points deducted. Therefore creditors would get more if we had a lesser points deduction.

so with just over a third of the season gone the efl have an offering with one club already relegated and two of the relegated premier league sides last season likely to get promoted back (or be close).  Little drama or interest and possibly problems when renegotiating broadcast media contracts. Time for a new breakaway competition...

So we are now accepting-12 and -9. That seems like we are taking the worst possible punishment that has been mooted so far.

We assumed the case was adjourned to allow this to be brought to a conclusion and why would that not be the case?

It seems sensible and we believe a settlement would be forthcoming. According to Percy for some inexplicable reason we have now moved from a position of fighting our corner to accepting certain relegation.

This makes no sense at all.

Does Percy even bother to check the plausibility of the guff he trots out?

11 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Wouldn’t we be worth more with less points deducted. Therefore creditors would get more if we had a lesser points deduction.

I suppose it's about weighing things up. Even if the administrators could successfully defend everything to the point where the club get no deduction, how long would the process take to get to that position and how much would it cost? Would the club's resources extend to cover the legal costs of such a process plus the day-to-day running over that period? Would bidders be willing to wait past the end of the season to purchase the club?

At the end of the day, it's a no-win situation. The club either suffers in the form of deducted points or suffers in the form of time and money by challenging the punishment. From the administrators' perspective, I'm sure they view the latter as a bigger issue.

32 minutes ago, jono said:

Believe me … that is what the EFL want to do. They have a track record of vindictively pursuing clubs way out proportion to offences committed, especially when egged on by partisan committee members. It’s been my fear all along. I’ll swallow a pill of relegation. It will hurt, but ritual humiliation just isn’t right and I will rage about it all day long. 

for the life of me I cannot understand where all the decent men have gone. ( maybe there never were any and I am just naive  ) This goes way beyond DCFC. There is a complete lack of nobility running through everyday life and from every political or sporting angle. Too many wrong uns out there. 

Soz .. it’s been a long day 

Well I have been saying this for some time now . Efl is corrupt … rotten to the core .

how on Earth can it help the stakeholders in Derby County in our current position …  the creditors , the fans , the players , all of us … and all of us innocent of any wrongdoing whatsoever… to deduct a frigging 21 points from us and pretty much guarantee relegation?

it could even hasten the club into liquidation , and certainly won’t help the payout to creditors. So what purpose does it serve other than satisfying the sadistic villains at the Efl and all their cronies?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm not condoning the abuse on Twitter as have always found it a very vile and unpleasant experience but for some the act of getting their thoughts and emotions out in the open about Morris may be very cathartic for them. 

Anyone believing that they can achieve some sort of beast-level catharsis by making others as miserable as they feel is in for a nasty shock. Writing down one's reasons for feeling sad or anxious, or annotating those feelings, is a million miles away from venting one's spleen at a complete stranger via social media. 

On thread, as regards the additional 9 point deduction, if it's true, there ought to be some form of enquiry into how exactly this is known by a journalist before the EFL have formally laid out the specifics of the charges brought and the penalties attached to them. It stinks to the high heavens and speaks to the incredibly divisive way they have sought to undermine the club at every juncture. After two years of embargos, with all the issues such sanctions bring, we now find ourselves looking at a 21 point sanction on top and for what? For using ERV and not straight line amortisation policies!

If these reports are true, then I can imagine precisely the line they have adopted in their 'negotiations; challenge either or both charges and we'll seek to expel you from the league. If this is correct then it's small wonder that the talks were 'adjourned' and even less surprising that Mel felt he had to walk away. So much for the 'integrity of the league'. No question, we've made errors of judgement, but has any club ever been faced with such a heavy price to pay for what was, compared to other clubs' transgressions, a relatively minor offence?

'We want Derby County to be sustainable' - GTFOH

52 minutes ago, jono said:

Believe me … that is what the EFL want to do. They have a track record of vindictively pursuing clubs way out proportion to offences committed, especially when egged on by partisan committee members. It’s been my fear all along. I’ll swallow a pill of relegation. It will hurt, but ritual humiliation just isn’t right and I will rage about it all day long. 

for the life of me I cannot understand where all the decent men have gone. ( maybe there never were any and I am just naive  ) This goes way beyond DCFC. There is a complete lack of nobility running through everyday life and from every political or sporting angle. Too many wrong uns out there. 

Soz .. it’s been a long day 

Sad...but true. The tone is set from the very top. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

To all those moaning and crying about us going down to League 1, just remember, some of us have suffered a hell of a lot worse.  Why, at one time, we even went as low as Division 3, so thank your lucky stars, and get over yersens!  

?

It's the same division but you know that  ?

34 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

So we are now accepting-12 and -9. That seems like we are taking the worst possible punishment that has been mooted so far.

We assumed the case was adjourned to allow this to be brought to a conclusion and why would that not be the case?

It seems sensible and we believe a settlement would be forthcoming. According to Percy for some inexplicable reason we have now moved from a position of fighting our corner to accepting certain relegation.

They did far worse to Luton remember. 

3 minutes ago, Hordh said:

They did far worse to Luton remember. 

That doesn't make it right. And who knows what the consequences of  this are? Your penalty for being in a financial mess (at least part of which is not of your making) is  a points deduction , which will bring certain relegation.. and more financial woe, just so you get to know what a real financial mess looks like. Yeah, that seems fair.

40 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

It doesn't make sense does it. All this time 'negotiating' with the EFL and fighting our corner just to accept the worst possible punishment we could have got anyway.

The trouble is, has Percy ever got anything wrong?