Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

2 hours ago, Sussex Ram said:

With the various points deductions now confirmed, and those deductions in turn all but confirming relegation, the ins and outs of the squad and back room staff becomes the main (only?) “interesting” conversation to be had for the remainder of the season. What a sad situation to be in, that we’ve effectively lost over half a season of competitive football. 

Don’t get me wrong- I am sure all the fans will be in full voice at the games, and we’ll still want to see good football and positive results in the face of adversity. But ultimately it all becomes a bit futile. Is this a sneak peek into what the Super League would have been like, or American sports? Once you’re out the running to win the league/make the playoffs/avoid relegation, you’re coasting into the end of the season.

When it’s all irrelevant it’s just about how many shirts you can sell or maybe a key ring or two.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

It’s not really anybody to do with Derby county football club agreeing with this it’s the administrators doing it to sell the club under duress like a forced confession before hanging 

Like it or not, the administrators are the people currently in charge of running DCFC day to day. They are the people that get to make decisions for the club.  Not denying the whole thing stinks, but we are where we are.

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Like it or not, the administrators are the people currently in charge of running DCFC day to day. They are the people that get to make decisions for the club.  Not denying the whole thing stinks, but we are where we are.

Yep I fully understand that and again the truth of everything will never get heard in public. I accept our over spending on mediocre players and I frequently commentated on it but the behaviour and actions of the EFL will get hidden away again 

The sadness of this is slowly sinking in today. It's been a few years since I saw a group of Derby players who made me so proud to see them.

We've had better teams, and more successful teams, of course. Don't think any of them have performed so admirably despite increasing hopelessness.

I just hope it continues for the rest of the season. I've conceded that we're going down, but I don't want us to be totally abject and pointless. I want us to go down kicking and screaming and giving absolutely everyone a game. Starting with Bournemouth

The dedication our players have shown is the one thing that brings me back to the games in spite of all this. As a season ticket holder I hope they continue to give us a reason to keep coming back each week.

On 16/11/2021 at 12:08, Gaspode said:

Only if those figures are correct - various folk on twatter suggesting that those numbers have applied the same loss repeatedly over 3 seasons so the total quoted is far higher than it should be. No idea if that is correct (hopefully one of the accountancy folk on here can clarify....).

My take is that the admins have told the EFL that they want closure asap so they can sell the club - the EFL have replied that the only way they'd accept that is by hitting us as hard as they can (effectively guaranteeing relegation) - basically blackmailing the admins to accept the punishment or else have the whole sorry saga drag out to the point we get liquidated.....a thoroughly crappy way to behave for an organisation that then has the temerity to issue a statement saying they want to help the club move forward.....

they have been accepted by the Admin guys so right or wrong we need to move on

Don't understand this. Reading gets minus 6 with 6 more suspended over 2 years and we get minus 9 for spending a great deal less than them. What about other clubs accounts? You are not telling me they are whiter than white! Disgusted EFL. One rule for one and one rule for the other 23! Angry,frustrated, saddened by where we are at but no matter what DCFC is part of my dna and will always be. I am mid 60s so perhaps might not see my beloved team get to the promised land but will still go and support them through thick and thin. Wouldn't it be brilliant to beat Bournemouth on sky and put a big fat v sign to everyone who are wallowing in our demise! UTR

Their overspend is an automatic 12 point penalty if taken to the disciplinary panel, maybe then reduced to 11 because they've admitted their breach.

Going over £15m above the allowable losses means the -12 sticks. They went £54m over the allowable limits. You'd like to think if it did go to a panel they'd look very negatively at this and the massive scale of their breach would see further points deducted?

The EFL doing them a deal where it's 6 now with and 6 suspended really doesn't make any sense to me, it's scandalous. Basically cheat and admit it, comply and be let off with a kick to the shins. Don't actually cheat, defend yourself and get your legs sawn off.

The only thing I'm thinking now though, is surely their next set of accounts must also be in breach? That £54m isn't going anywhere, a £93m loss won't have been rectified in one season of cut-backs,  so they might end up facing fresh charges and further deductions next season?

Otherwise it's completely farcical, and it doesn't seem to matter whether you breach the limits by £15m or £150m.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Their overspend is an automatic 12 point penalty if taken to the disciplinary panel, maybe then reduced to 11 because they've admitted their breach.

Going over £15m above the allowable losses means the -12 sticks. They went £54m over the allowable limits. You'd like to think if it did go to a panel they'd look very negatively at this and the massive scale of their breach would see further points deducted?

The EFL doing them a deal where it's 6 now with and 6 suspended really doesn't make any sense to me, it's scandalous. Basically cheat and admit it, comply and be let of with a kick to the shins. Don't actually cheat, defend yourself and get your legs sawn off.

The only thing I'm thinking now though, is surely their next set of accounts must also be in breach? That £54m isn't going anywhere so they might end up facing fresh charges and further deductions next season?

Otherwise it's completely farcical, and it doesn't seem to matter whether you breach the limits by £15m or £150m.

It just means our 18 points from safety isn't cut to 16.

I know it isn't going to happen, but if we somehow managed to scrape survival on the last day of the season due to a Kelle Roos 96th minute winner, could you imagine the reaction from Middlesbrough, Forest, Leeds, Wycombe and anyone else that doesn't like us.

Reading FC's situation is very different.  They are also one of the richest clubs in the division due to mega rich owners, its just how they have spent their money.  From what i am hearing they were totally transparent and open from day one when it came about hence under restrictions for nearly 2 years with more to follow.  Their fans will be cockahoop with this.  Should be safe from relegation and yet still the dangle of play offs considering the amount of players they have out injured and Andy Carroll coming in.

19 minutes ago, The Big One said:

Reading FC's situation is very different.  They are also one of the richest clubs in the division due to mega rich owners, its just how they have spent their money.  From what i am hearing they were totally transparent and open from day one when it came about hence under restrictions for nearly 2 years with more to follow.  Their fans will be cockahoop with this.  Should be safe from relegation and yet still the dangle of play offs considering the amount of players they have out injured and Andy Carroll coming in.

So being upfront about it or blatant is a help? Not knowing you have broken any rules because your auditors said it was ok is a hindrance? That’s not how I read our IDC findings.

and reading get off lightly because their owners are super rich? Whereas we get punished more because we are broke?

ok maybe I need to start learning more from this school of logic.

Just now, PistoldPete said:

So being upfront about it or blatant is a help? Not knowing you have broken any rules because your auditors said it was ok is a hindrance? That’s not how I read our IDC findings.

and reading get off lightly because their owners are super rich? Whereas we get punished more because we are broke?

ok maybe I need to start learning more from this school of logic.

My understanding of the sanctions decision (DC2), was that all of the issues to do with the accounting methods/amortization etc was dealt with with the £100k fine.  If restating the accounts then resulted in overspend, that was to be treated purely in terms of it being overspend. There weren't to be additional points added on for the accounting or anything, as that would be us being punished twice for the same thing.

After having time to reflect over the sad development with our beloved club, I’d got to say it’s deserved the thing I think is worse is the business plan that we have reluctantly agreed to! Despite it possibly only running till the end of the current season it’s the most deflating thing in all of this.

say we sell Jozwiak for £1.5 m or Buchanan for say £2 m am I right to believe we could not use this money other then to pay off creditors and any replacement would be a non - fee loan player or a free agent which lets be honest who good enough will be available on a free plus surely any decent loan from the prem would command a fee.

it’s a very sad time but I think a time to be honest with the players anyone who wants to find new clubs should be able to but the expense of not being in the match day squads I’d only want people willing to still give their all to remain.

also please Wayne give the captaincy to Curtis the bloke has more passion and loyalty in his little finger then “captain Tom “ on a 1 out 15 game good day!

5 hours ago, Jubbs said:

No. We have exceeded the limits of FFP, so we have broke the rules.

At the risk of opening another can of worms, it should be noted that the accounts presented within the report are the EFL's version of the accounts, and that the club believed that they could have presented them differently while still complying with FRS102 and the findings of the original commission, presumably to allow the club to comply with the FFP thresholds. This challenge has never arisen as it would have had to have comprised part of a commission, and, due to the agreed deal, this never took place.

It's what perhaps disappoints me most about there being a lack of a commission. There's so many parts within the case that now won't be heard and ruled upon, and a lot of ifs and maybes that won't be answered. There's no "here's what you could have won".

29 minutes ago, The Big One said:

*** OPPOSITION FAN ALERT ***

6 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

This thread has turned into an echo chamber of self-righteousness, whataboutery, entranchment, and opinion presented as fact but rooted in, well, opinion. Round and round it goes.

I've always found it odd that prisons are full of innocent people.

It's done. Let's stop looking backwards and start looking forwards. 

This thread sounds like the EFLs decisioning process then