Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

3 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Their overspend is an automatic 12 point penalty if taken to the disciplinary panel, maybe then reduced to 11 because they've admitted their breach.

Going over £15m above the allowable losses means the -12 sticks. They went £54m over the allowable limits. You'd like to think if it did go to a panel they'd look very negatively at this and the massive scale of their breach would see further points deducted?

The EFL doing them a deal where it's 6 now with and 6 suspended really doesn't make any sense to me, it's scandalous. Basically cheat and admit it, comply and be let off with a kick to the shins. Don't actually cheat, defend yourself and get your legs sawn off.

The only thing I'm thinking now though, is surely their next set of accounts must also be in breach? That £54m isn't going anywhere, a £93m loss won't have been rectified in one season of cut-backs,  so they might end up facing fresh charges and further deductions next season?

Otherwise it's completely farcical, and it doesn't seem to matter whether you breach the limits by £15m or £150m.

Accounting losses are very different to P&S losses.
I haven't looked at the reports but I'm guessing this was for the period up to 2020?

I estimated them being £32m over the limit for this period.
After making the relevant adjustments ('resetting' all excessive figures) Reading will not fail any other periods.

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Accounting losses are very different to P&S losses.
I haven't looked at the reports but I'm guessing this was for the period up to 2020?

I estimated them being £32m over the limit for this period.
After making the relevant adjustments ('resetting' all excessive figures) Reading will not fail any other periods.

I'm lost then. what are the figures Reading are being punished for?

edit: confirmed as £57.8m, £18.8m in excess of the £39.0m Upper Loss Threshold.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

6 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Just seen the Reading news... So how come they only get 6 points deducted for breaching P&S and we got 9? Someone enlighten me?

I explained earlier in the thread, they never did anything to cheese off Parry’s close friend Gibson. Obviously, that’s not fact but it’s the only thing I can come up with at this juncture.

21 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Just seen the Reading news... So how come they only get 6 points deducted for breaching P&S and we got 9? Someone enlighten me?

Sorry @Ghost of Clough another one for you......if you have time to analyze Reading's losses, would you say they have been more than fairly treated?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59320479

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Sorry @Ghost of Clough another one for you......if you have time to analyze Reading's losses, would you say they have been more than fairly treated?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59320479

Well we lost about £136m between 14/15 and 20/21 whereas Reading lost £57.8m between 17/18 and 20/21.

We failed three periods by a total of £21.5m. They failed 1 period by £18.8m.

I think I said yesterday that we should have had 21 points deducted. They should have had 12 points. Both have basically had that punishment halved.

3 hours ago, The Big One said:

Reading FC's situation is very different.  They are also one of the richest clubs in the division due to mega rich owners, its just how they have spent their money.  From what i am hearing they were totally transparent and open from day one when it came about hence under restrictions for nearly 2 years with more to follow.  Their fans will be cockahoop with this.  Should be safe from relegation and yet still the dangle of play offs considering the amount of players they have out injured and Andy Carroll coming in.

Why do you consider Readings situation to be very different?

I'm not arguing the toss by the way am just interested in your thought process.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Well we lost about £136m between 14/15 and 20/21 whereas Reading lost £57.8m between 17/18 and 20/21.

I think I said yesterday that we should have had 21 points deducted. They should have had 12 points. Both have basically had that punishment halved.

Thanks for explaining @Ghost of Clough. I can see that we have had our penalty reduced from 21 to 9 with a further 3 suspended, but I thought this was a deal negotiated with the EFL. We withdrew our Force Majuere administration appeal, so as not to set an unwanted precedent and our P&S penalty was reduced to 9. What negotiating tools did Reading have ??

Been thinking about the 9, plus 3 points. If the EFL had accepted Marriott's signature on his new contract last Christmas that would have put a value of say £2 million on him . Wouldn't that have stopped us breaking ffp in the third season. As for Readings punishment even Nixson cannot understand how they got to 6 points for a. 18.8 million overspend.

31 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sorry, basic question. 

... the stadium sale....made these losses better, were irrelevant? this is with/without it?

From BBC:

According to figures at Companies House Reading posted losses of £42m in the year to 30 June, 2020, £30.1m in the previous year and £21m in the 12 months to 30 June, 2018 - a total of £93.1m

The EFL has averaged the club's losses for 2019-20 and 2020-21 and allowed for Covid-19 costs to give the lower figure of £57.8m, but that still triggered a sanction.

So allowed Covid 19 costs...

Edited by Yani P

19 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Been thinking about the 9, plus 3 points. If the EFL had accepted Marriott's signature on his new contract last Christmas that would have put a value of say £2 million on him . Wouldn't that have stopped us breaking ffp in the third season. As for Readings punishment even Nixson cannot understand how they got to 6 points for a. 18.8 million overspend.

6 points for one major breach of FFP against 3 points each for three minor breaches would be the logical conclusion.

Nothing is ever that logical though.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

EFL have just confirmed the Reading penalty.

Absolutely appalling disparities between clubs!

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/november/efl-statement-reading-football-club/

So, the EFL can be flexible when it suits them?  Interesting.

Not so keen on upholding the principles of the regulations here!