Fozzy

minesahartington

Not too far away from a testimonial. 

Always liked Fozzy and as some have said, his experience is invaluable for us this season. He is now our Mr Derby County. He's seen a hell of a lot of change at the club in the time he's been here, suffered with some terrible injuries but has always been fit/focussed enough to bounce back. 

Definitely needs his own song, this season more than any other. 

15 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Thought Fozzy was immense again. Apart from one moment of brain freeze where he turned back towards our goal and tried to pass back to Allsop. I didn't think he put a foot wrong after replacing the injured Stearman in the centre of the defence.

Lol he launched that at him. Swear he was so bored of Swansea doing nothing he just had a go. 

6 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Weird really as you can make one up easily..

Eg Fozzy Fozzy Fozzy

oi oi oi,

Fozzy

Oi

Fozzy

oi etc...

OR...

Fozzie's a jolly good fellow,  Fozzies a jolly good fellow., Fozzieeee's a jolly good feliowwwwww and so say all of us.

I will get my coat.

Love the Fozzie a jolly good fellow. That could be a belter .. funny too. Sort of anarchic and retro combined 

Been a great servant to Derby, think the fact that we’ve had so many managers and he seems to be played by all of them shows his character. Fought back from a few serious injuries and still plays just Aswell, yes he has a mistake in him but so does everyone in the championship that’s why he’s a championship player 

21 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Well yes, but if you sign over 60 players and have a limited budget, there's a good chance some of them are going to turn out alright and provide good value.

“Alright” thats a comparative understatement when held against many of the countless amounts of expensive crap others have saddled us with 

slight difference in connor doyle not working out for us than Ikechi anya and co bleeding us dry for years to come

Edited by NottsRam77

It's good that past critics are starting to appreciate him. I've always felt that the main criticisms have been exaggerated, and sometimes people have doubled-down on them to save face. I don't understand that attitude. Now, with so many young left-sided defenders coming through, there's allot that he can pass on to them about playing at this level.

He's always struck me as a decent bloke too.

On 03/10/2021 at 02:03, Alpha said:

Never really understood why there's people who don't rate him. I know he does some ridiculous stuff at times. Like, it might be the last attack of the game at 0-1 and he gets the ball at left back and over hits a pass/cross by 3 mile and at 150mph. He does do mad stuff

But in between that I think he's a beast. 

Given us the best years of his career. Gotta give him some love for that

We call him Leadboots. Sometimes he just seems to absolutely thwack a ball to absolutely nowhere for absolutely no reason, like he doesn't know his own strength or he's got lead in his boots

Good ol' Leadboots. What a servant he has been

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

It's good that past critics are starting to appreciate him. I've always felt that the main criticisms have been exaggerated, and sometimes people have doubled-down on them to save face. I don't understand that attitude. Now, with so many young left-sided defenders coming through, there's allot that he can pass on to them about playing at this level.

He's always struck me as a decent bloke too.

Always been a player that has made me groan. Not in terms of effort, or loyalty, or Championship defensive ability really, just that he was, and still is, always prone to making terrible passes or over hitting crosses from good positions. I think probably though, in hindsight, I was measuring him at the peak of my groanfest alongside other players in the team. During the period 2013-2016 he stood out as it seemed it was so often him who would misplace a pass (into the crowd !) or breakdown an attacking move.

I do think actually his passing may have got better, but when I see Shinnie and Davies pass perhaps I just think he ain’t so bad now ?

That all said, I think the guy is great. To come back from 3 injuries and perform like he does wholeheartedly takes supreme mental strength. He also always gives full effort and seems to genuinely care for the club. He is one player who deserves a testimonial I would think, although hats off to the Club for supporting him throughout. If he has his testimonial away to Portsmouth I will definitely go.

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

“Alright” thats a comparative understatement when held against many of the countless amounts of expensive crap others have saddled us with 

slight difference in connor doyle not working out for us than Ikechi anya and co bleeding us dry for years to come

I wasn't disagreeing with you, it wasn't a criticism of NC, just adding some context. I think it was 9 transfer windows across 4 years or something like that.

It works both ways.

The more money you have to spend the more money you have to waste, the bigger the transfer fees, the more obnoxious your spending looks when a player turns out not to be a good fit. However if you only ever really get to sign people on budget fees you're never taking the risk that an expensive signing might fail, and people more easily forget that ones which didn't work out.

High risk / low reward vs Low risk / high reward.

It's easy to remember the signings Clough made who went on to perform so well for us over a number of years but they only really cover maybe, what, 1 in 7 of his signings? (so roughly 8-9/60 who went on to impress in the long run).  I'd probably say another 3/7 were 'decent' signings and the other 3/7 "didn't work out".

Of his two 'expensive' signings (for us at the time) you've got Keogh & Sammon which is quite the contrast.

Other managers who've come and gone since then have been working under totally different budgets and expectations, so it's not really fair to compare but if you were then ratio wise you're probably looking at roughly similar, however value for money wise it's been a disaster. Whether that's purely down to the amount of money we've thrown about or the specific manager's ability to choose the right players is up for debate.

It's impossible to say what would have happened had Nigel  had the same budget as other managers, he could have signed more Keoghs or he could have signed more Sammons.

Anyway, Craig Forsyth, love him, deserves a testimonial.

Edited by Coconut's Beard