Rams vs Swansea Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We would have lost this last year. Second best team and we took a point. Take what you can get when you are tired and do not play well. Third best defence in the league. Chipped a point off two bottom three teams. 35 games to go.

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Joint best defence in the league - if only we could score a few more goals...but clean sheets will be so vital to our campaign

image.gif.bd48768a5ae7b5ea0b0998b015a0d178.gif

Hard game against a tidy team with extremely good movement. Reminded me a bit of us under Paul Clement though; lots of possession but not much end product.

We had the better chances and Tom Lawrence should’ve done a lot better in my humble opinion.

Worked very hard. Defended well. If I had a criticism it would be that we weren’t composed enough when we did have possession.  Bringing Festy on to basically run around up front on the off chance we could play him in with his pace shows how limited we are. It might have worked if we’d tried passing it, rather than lumping it. Nevertheless, quite happy with a point and a clean sheet.  

What a woeful game that was. One of the worst first half displays I can remember and we only weren’t losing through Swansea’s poor finishing. Finally got a foothold in the game through enforced changes and then threw it all away with bringing Ebosele on. Whilst I could see what he tried to do with that change it just desperately didn’t work. 

Regroup during the international break. 

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

What a woeful game that was. One of the worst first half displays I can remember and we only weren’t losing through Swansea’s poor finishing. Finally got a foothold in the game through enforced changes and then threw it all away with bringing Ebosele on. Whilst I could see what he tried to do with that change it just desperately didn’t work. 

Regroup during the international break. 

Really? Only really remember them creating 1 chance in the first half.

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Awfully good point added to our total. We are a middle of the league standard team 

Awfully disappointed we didn’t get 3 pts.  Swansea are 19th and have won 2 games. We’re at home, with great support off the back of a good performance against a Reading team doing quite well so far.

These Awfully good points (1) we will amass at home against lower league opposition will only serve to maybe take us into double figures,  given our away form.

Anyways, a better 2nd half, we had the better chances and should have scored .  This is why I can’t share the opinion that a point at home against Swansea serves us much purpose.

Just now, Brammie Steve said:

I fell asleep ten minutes into the first half and woke up after five.

Seems I didn’t miss much.

A point gained and a mean defence!

Onwards and uppards.

COYR!

Good effort Brammie. I listened to it on RamstTV audio. I switched it off with ten to go as I did not want to hear it if we let in a goal. Wayne and the team are two good strikers away from top eight standard team. Very good effort today from a leggy team.

Never looked like we’d win today, good point all the same. Glad the crowd woke up a bit 2nd half, but a little flat compared to the last few a bit like the performance. Anyway a point and another clean sheet COYR?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.thumb.png.86afaea84efbcb2f1ebd38b4a33cabe0.png

The stats illustrate the point SRG was making. We were let off the hook by some poor Swansea finishing and some last-ditch defending. Their striker missed a golden opportunity from a cutback in the first-half. A really poor finish.

We were overrun throughout. I wouldn't blame the tactics as such. I just felt on the ball we were rubbish. Shinnie and Bird couldn't retain possession, Morrison was anonymous. Forsyth kept running the ball into trouble.

Swansea probbably won't have an easier away game all season. We caused them zero problems with any of our own work. Lawrence's 3 shots in 30 seconds only came about because their player casually passed the ball back and set him through. It wasn't even down to us pressing. Just a glaring error from their player.

But all in all it's a good point. We were poor, looked really tired and finished the game with a mixture of five academy players, free transfers and ageing players. 

I could be wrong but Lawrence was the only player out there who cost us more than £1m in terms of a fee.