Rams vs Reading Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Again we seem to be playing a team playing at the peak of their form so its going to be a tough one..I think we can beat anyone on our day so am confident we can but certainly will be a very tough game..

I agree, they've been playing well.

But take out the B'ham game and we have been a very difficult team to beat this season.

Will be a close one, I hope we edge it.

COYR

13 minutes ago, CollyerDCFC said:

I agree, they've been playing well.

But take out the B'ham game and we have been a very difficult team to beat this season.

Will be a close one, I hope we edge it.

COYR

Everyone seems to pick out the Birmingham game, but I didn't think we really looked under pressure except when we made our two errors. Same to a certain extent for the Peterboro game when we had a real bad wobble.

If only we could score with a bit more ease...

#COYR

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Everyone seems to pick out the Birmingham game, but I didn't think we really looked under pressure except when we made our two errors. Same to a certain extent for the Peterboro game when we had a real bad wobble.

If only we could score with a bit more ease...

#COYR

With a decent goal scorer we would be challenging the play offs in more normal times 

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm not that surprised we didn't appeal Roos' red card tbh. I doubt we'd have had it overturned because that's just the way it is.

agree   

also, it's ultimately the administrators who now make the call on this stuff. And as they engage with the EFL on FFP I'd guess they don't want to be seen as contentious, even in the day to day  

Couple of questions, if anyone can help:

I’m going to arrive late to the game, probably just after 8. Does anyone know what time the turnstiles close? Or do they stay open all game due to being electronic?

Also, due to arriving late, does anyone know if the Wyvern Retail Park lets you park beyond 8pm? I know they have a 2 hour limit to prevent football fans from parking there, but as I’ll be arriving late, figured I’d be within the 2 hour limit. However, if shops close at 8 they may say car park needs to be empty by then…

Thanks in advance!

This match is by far the most important we have played for a few years (even more than the last home match last season against Wednesday). Win it we a) go into plus points (for the time being); b) we claw back hopefully some points from the teams above; c) reduce the gap between us and Reading, especially if they are going to be docked up to 9 points.On top of that we are gaining confidence. Another home game to come. If we win that it's 4 points showing. What with Cardiff starting to slip and possibly others in the EFL firing line with perhaps deductions being implemented, it might be the start of something interesting! COYR

22 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

This match is by far the most important we have played for a few years (even more than the last home match last season against Wednesday). Win it we a) go into plus points (for the time being); b) we claw back hopefully some points from the teams above; c) reduce the gap between us and Reading, especially if they are going to be docked up to 9 points.On top of that we are gaining confidence. Another home game to come. If we win that it's 4 points showing. What with Cardiff starting to slip and possibly others in the EFL firing line with perhaps deductions being implemented, it might be the start of something interesting! COYR

Even with the points deduction Reading FC will be fine because they have a very good squad with goal scorers and when their  injuries clear up they will have a huge squad - if it was one of the others near the bottom then it would be different but Reading will be fine this season 

According to Steve Nicholson David Marshall will be on the bench.

According to Ed Dawes a couple of days ago, not many tickets have been sold: 

In the replies, those people trying to buy extra tickets are struggling because they need to create a new Fan ID for each one and a separate email address for each one. Not everyone has the wherewithal to do that.

I wouldn't often but of course I've bought the official stream. Hope it's a great watch. Come on you Rams!

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

According to Steve Nicholson David Marshall will be on the bench.

According to Ed Dawes a couple of days ago, not many tickets have been sold: 

In the replies, those people trying to buy extra tickets are struggling because they need to create a new Fan ID for each one and a separate email address for each one. Not everyone has the wherewithal to do that.

I wouldn't often but of course I've bought the official stream. Hope it's a great watch. Come on you Rams!

I find it hard to believe that people complaining about ticket sales on Twitter aren't au fait enough with technology to create a few accounts on the dcfc website.

They just like moaning! 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

I find it hard to believe that people complaining about ticket sales on Twitter aren't au fait enough with technology to create a few accounts on the dcfc website.

They just like moaning! 

Some may be but most of the people who can't get their heads round the punter unfriendly way Derby are selling tickets don't have twitter accounts to moan on. They don't even have a PC. It's for the club to make things easy and having the ticket office closed all that time and even now only open twice a week was and is bonkers.

The club have missed the boat on a lot of OAP renewals as they normally wander down to the ticket office once a year to renew their season ticket. They have not been able to do that so as the season started and them not being able to get a ticket they've just left it.

There is still a need for analogue and it looks like it's cost DCFC 4k season ticket holders for not giving a toss about them.