Rams vs Reading Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Some may be but most of the people who can't get their heads round the punter unfriendly way Derby are selling tickets don't have twitter accounts to moan on. They don't even have a PC. It's for the club to make things easy and having the ticket office closed all that time and even now only open twice a week was and is bonkers.

The club have missed the boat on a lot of OAP renewals as they normally wander down to the ticket office once a year to renew their season ticket. They have not been able to do that so as the season started and them not being able to get a ticket they've just left it.

There is still a need for analogue and it looks like it's cost DCFC 4k season ticket holders for not giving a toss about them.

I do agree with that.

My point above was if you can't create a ticketing account online, you're not likely to be using twitter to moan about it!  

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bloody hell, how many have they got?! ?

image.png.5047fd3708bbd08f7f19105b08b7e8c9.png

I’ve been lurking on this forum last hour being a Reading fan curious to see what people were saying then I remembered as you could probably tell by the username I set up an account to post something about a game we played, I think we won 4-2 having been 3-0 up. Was convinced we turned a corner with how good we had been lately at the time and that the playoff hangover was over, ended up surviving on goal difference. ?

Its actually as many as 13. 4 should be back this weekend. You can’t play a Warnock team and not get a few injuries. Southwood, Hoilett and Tetek all picked up injuries but are expected to be back for today. Dann is touch and go, but may be rushed to partner Josh Laurent at centre half.

The rest of the injuries are mainly within the central areas. Moore, Morrison, Holmes and McIntyre our centre halves are all injured at the moment, won’t be playing today. Rinomhota is touch and go, could be on the bench. Azeez and Joao are significant injuries that hurt us, again not back. Otherwise Araruna hasn’t been fit for ages and we all knew for a while Meite won’t be fit this season. 

If they were all fit I’d say only Joao and Holmes would warrant a place in the starting 11 at the minute. The summer signings have fit in really well, Drinkwater hasn’t headbutted someone yet and is very positively contributing so all looking very rosy in that regard. We’re all expecting to survive this season despite our points deduction, but expectations aren’t very high.

Also re points deduction, it’s looking like 6 deducted and 3 suspended according to one local journo. I still wouldn’t rule out a full points deduction however. 

2 minutes ago, SoneAluko said:

I’ve been lurking on this forum last hour being a Reading fan curious to see what people were saying then I remembered as you could probably tell by the username I set up an account to post something about a game we played, I think we won 4-2 having been 3-0 up. Was convinced we turned a corner with how good we had been lately at the time and that the playoff hangover was over, ended up surviving on goal difference. ?

Its actually as many as 13. 4 should be back this weekend. You can’t play a Warnock team and not get a few injuries. Southwood, Hoilett and Tetek all picked up injuries but are expected to be back for today. Dann is touch and go, but may be rushed to partner Josh Laurent at centre half.

The rest of the injuries are mainly within the central areas. Moore, Morrison, Holmes and McIntyre our centre halves are all injured at the moment, won’t be playing today. Rinomhota is touch and go, could be on the bench. Azeez and Joao are significant injuries that hurt us, again not back. Otherwise Araruna hasn’t been fit for ages and we all knew for a while Meite won’t be fit this season. 

If they were all fit I’d say only Joao and Holmes would warrant a place in the starting 11 at the minute. The summer signings have fit in really well, Drinkwater hasn’t headbutted someone yet and is very positively contributing so all looking very rosy in that regard. We’re all expecting to survive this season despite our points deduction, but expectations aren’t very high.

Also re points deduction, it’s looking like 6 deducted and 3 suspended according to one local journo. I still wouldn’t rule out a full points deduction however. 

You have 13 players injured and can still field a team? Hope you're not looking for sympathy! 

We are only allowed 23 registered players and half of them are kids. The others are on the mature side. 

Didn't realise Drinkwater had joined Reading, what a nosedive of a career he has had since leaving Leicester. No disrespect to Reading intended, but a £35m move to play a handful of games then farmed out on loan, has to hurt the ego.

Total of 29 games played (according to wiki) since 2017 when he left Leicester, would imagine it will take a while to get fully up to speed, which means he will probably play a blinder tonight now I have jinxed it.

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

You have 13 players injured and can still field a team? Hope you're not looking for sympathy! 

We are only allowed 23 registered players and half of them are kids. The others are on the mature side. 

Why would I be looking for sympathy considering I said of all the 8 more serious injuries only 2 we really could be doing with? Not to mention, going to a Derby forum in general let alone at this point in time and looking for it would be a really strange thing to do! 

Just now, SoneAluko said:

Why would I be looking for sympathy considering I said of all the 8 more serious injuries only 2 we really could be doing with? Not to mention, going to a Derby forum in general let alone at this point in time and looking for it would be a really strange thing to do! 

I know. You're in a much stronger position than us, but then every team in the league is. 

So what you're saying is, you have two injuries of people who would be selected if fit? Same as us, then.

40 minutes ago, SoneAluko said:

In terms of points deductions the EFL make the rules up as they go along even if everything you have done is perfectly legal and once other clubs have their teeth into you, you are doomed one way or another - expect to be In The same situation in a year or two ! 
we only have a few old ( but good ) men and a few kids which Rooney seems to be doing an excellent job with but we have no goal scores - yes we have Baldock on no more than £4,500 per week and probably less than that but he scrats around but he is no goal scorer based on what I have seen. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I know. You're in a much stronger position than us, but then every team in the league is. 

So what you're saying is, you have two injuries of people who would be selected if fit? Same as us, then.

In terms of quality and form yes this would be our best team, although I suspect Moore/Morrison and Meite would potentially get in because of favouritism by the manager over actual quality or form! 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

In terms of points deductions the EFL make the rules up as they go along even if everything you have done is perfectly legal and once other clubs have their teeth into you, you are doomed one way or another - expect to be In The same situation in a year or two ! 
we only have a few old ( but good ) men and a few kids which Rooney seems to be doing an excellent job with but we have no goal scores - yes we have Baldock on no more than £4,500 per week and probably less than that but he scrats around but he is no goal scorer based on what I have seen. 

I think as we have no real defence and thus aren’t challenging it I hope they’ll leave us alone. We haven’t spent a single penny on transfers since covid, so they’ve been onto us for a while. Although I suspect our dealings with Chelsea raised a few eyebrows (the club has held very good relations with them in recent years), but equally one can point out they were in Greece and Turkey last season so can’t be on that much over here!

Baldock unfortunately is only suited to a two striker formation feeding off a goal scorer. Never really shone for us as after we got rid of Clement every manager favoured a 4231 formation. 

Edited by SoneAluko

10 hours ago, David said:

Didn't realise Drinkwater had joined Reading, what a nosedive of a career he has had since leaving Leicester. No disrespect to Reading intended, but a £35m move to play a handful of games then farmed out on loan, has to hurt the ego.

Total of 29 games played (according to wiki) since 2017 when he left Leicester, would imagine it will take a while to get fully up to speed, which means he will probably play a blinder tonight now I have jinxed it.

Because you claim to have jinxed it, that negates the jinx so Drinkwater will play badly and take it out on Lawrence with a head butt, but now that i've said that, i may have jinxed it, so scratch that, you are right, you jinxed it.