DCFC Adverts

tinman

21 minutes ago, tinman said:

Just noticed this site no longer had DCFC adverts, just generic google ads driven ones. 

Mentioned that on an earlier post on the administration thread, they went the same day. This is revenue for David and this is his living. Hopefully it’s not too big an impact for him. It just goes to show the knock of effect of these things.. It has a ripple effect.

The news broke as I was sat in the pub with my fiancé, going over wedding plans believe it or not.

Felt like a punch to the gut on so many levels. I've almost become immune now to tabloid stories on possible point deductions, however wasn't prepared for administration. 

I changed the ads on my phone, understanding that administrators would have us down with the milkman at the bottom of the priority list, that's just how it is.

There is a contract in place for the adverts with a notice period which has not been triggered by either side, however I presume the process would allow for immediate termination and have no doubts this will happen.

I have had a great relationship with a number of people at the club, people that will now be in fear of their jobs.

I'm not going to pressurise them for any kind of clarity as I'm sure they will be just as much in the dark as we have been.

Said it on many occasions, no adverts = no forum, it's been great to show you all relevant ads for RamsTV, megastore, tickets etc. 

Maybe it's something that once the administration process is over can resume, I just don't know right now. 

7 minutes ago, David said:

The news broke as I was sat in the pub with my fiancé, going over wedding plans believe it or not.

Felt like a punch to the gut on so many levels. I've almost become immune now to tabloid stories on possible point deductions, however wasn't prepared for administration. 

I changed the ads on my phone, understanding that administrators would have us down with the milkman at the bottom of the priority list, that's just how it is.

There is a contract in place for the adverts with a notice period which has not been triggered by either side, however I presume the process would allow for immediate termination and have no doubts this will happen.

I have had a great relationship with a number of people at the club, people that will now be in fear of their jobs.

I'm not going to pressurise them for any kind of clarity as I'm sure they will be just as much in the dark as we have been.

Said it on many occasions, no adverts = no forum, it's been great to show you all relevant ads for RamsTV, megastore, tickets etc. 

Maybe it's something that once the administration process is over can resume, I just don't know right now. 

Don't worry about it David, we all have pre-wedding nerves/doubts.

12 hours ago, David said:

Well david hopeful take over be done really soon.

Contragations on getting married part I hope both are very very very happy long time to come.

The megastore isn't owned by the club.It is now leased,operated and staffed by Fanatics with i imagine the club getting a percentage of merchandise sold.

@Davidhave you contacted the megastore or Fanatics head office to see if they still want to advertise on the forum?.

That is why the megastore has been open and the ticket office etc have remained closed.

Edited by atherstoneram
additional info.

7 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

The megastore isn't owned by the club.It is now leased,operated and staffed by Fanatics with i imagine the club getting a percentage of merchandise sold.

@Davidhave you contacted the megastore or Fanatics head office to see if they still want to advertise on the forum?.

That is why the megastore has been open and the ticket office etc have remained closed.

We have been showing adverts for the megastore which were sent by the club, not Fanatics.

The ticket office was closed due to staff shortages, which is why they were advertising for staff.

Could you ask for some local businesses to advertise on here? Even if on a monthly contract that might tied it over? Would mean more work with the income being from separate areas and advertising different people. Not sure how doabale that would be (I'm not very tech savvy!) ... suppose depends on the income needed as well.  

On 19/09/2021 at 22:33, Ramslad1992 said:

Chucked a fiver your way @David? I know it’s not much but with 3 young kids and work being tight it’s all I can… 

hope to donate more at a future date, you and the mods do a great job!

COYR ?

I hate that phase, I have visions of someone chucking a fiver and the receiver having to pick it up off the floor.

I applaud your donation, don’t get me wrong mate. ??