Malcolm Ebiowei

RYRAM

2 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

He looked pacy, tricky, strong enough and was direct, meaning he wasn't afraid to take opportunities to cross or shoot, acting decisively but not rashly.  A good option off the bench for sure.

Imagine the big sigh of relief by the full back as Ebosele gets taken off, only to see Ebeowei running at him.

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's just in the squad to earn the club more compensation according to someone who lurks in the academy thread

That isn’t what has been said or implied Re : Ebiowei. Do you work for the Daily Mail now Ghost?

Oh and I’ve written extensively and knowledgeably over the last 2/3 days on the Academy thread. I really wouldn’t call that “lurking”.

I expected better from you tbh ?

There was a moment when he whipped a ball into a dangerous area. It had pace, swerve and was at the right height.

I thought of all those times when people talk about “having a foot like a wand” … beyond the obvious good feet, I think we might just have a real player in Malcolm. Hey he’s young so you can never be sure, but I like the determination as well as the ball skills. He isn’t a runaway  train like Festy. There’s some silk there. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

There was a moment when he whipped a ball into a dangerous area. It had pace, swerve and was at the right height.

I thought of all those times when people talk about “having a foot like a wand” … beyond the obvious good feet, I think we might just have a real player in Malcolm. Hey he’s young so you can never be sure, but I like the determination as well as the ball skills. He isn’t a runaway  train like Festy. There’s some silk there. 

Festy is much more than a runaway train, it's just that's what is most noticed first.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Festy is much more than a runaway train, it's just that's what is most noticed first.

I agree, I was a tweak for the comparison I wanted to make. Festy is skilled and hugely powerful. His power is the fulcrum of his effectiveness. That doesn’t mean his other attributes are lessened. My initial impression of Malcolm is that there is that sort of ghosting skill which may be his fulcrum. .. yeah I know I am waffling .. just mean that they are both players that aren’t afraid to take a man on and shake the pot … . they just do it in a slightly different way 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2022 at 16:11, Ghost of Clough said:

Forget that.

Festy RB, Ebiowei RW = Defenders ? themselves

Apparently we're not allowed to be excited about Ebi. I got a half page sermon accusing me of making demi-gods of academy players because I expressed the opinion that if they're both here next season, they can terrorise some fullbacks. Same expert who reckons Cashin will be a L1/2 player at best. I wonder how put out he'd have been about us raving over Festy's raw talent a few years back? ?‍♀️

34 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Looks a talent to me. Maybe not as explosive as Festy but there's definitely something there.

I think he will be better than Festy, looks to have a third eye on what he intends to do rather than thinking on the hoof.

He looks to be a good prospect, whys he not been snapped up already?

19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It’s frustrating me, he seems to have been told to stop his down the line runs and involve the midfield more.

Its really strange as I feel as if he’s holding back.

Get going forward use your pace and have shot at goal.

Edited by cstand

54 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I think he will be better than Festy, looks to have a third eye on what he intends to do rather than thinking on the hoof.

You see that's interesting as I've thought from the little I've seen of him that his decision making is oftentimes really erratic. Like he doesn't know what he's going to do next almost which can make life difficult for defenders too so not totally a downside. Definitely a different player from Festy in the sense he's got much better control and technique on the ball than Festy and still has some pace though. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Apparently we're not allowed to be excited about Ebi. I got a half page sermon accusing me of making demi-gods of academy players because I expressed the opinion that if they're both here next season, they can terrorise some fullbacks. Same expert who reckons Cashin will be a L1/2 player at best. I wonder how put out he'd have been about us raving over Festy's raw talent a few years back? ?‍♀️

Only in the team because we want to sell him. Shouldn't be selected for the first team ahead of others who've earned their dues by playing 45 u23 games despite having less potential blah blah blah 

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Only in the team because we want to sell him. Shouldn't be selected for the first team ahead of others who've earned their dues by playing 45 u23 games despite having less potential blah blah blah 

Honestly it’s pathetic.

14 hours ago, Boycie said:

Any chance he could donate that third eye to our one-eyed Ram?  ?