Malcolm Ebiowei

RYRAM

21 minutes ago, Magicman said:

He has made 1 goal and scored 1 goal both in same game. That is not enough evidence to back your claims up mate.

1 goals and 2 assists.

My claim is statistically correct... therefore this is more than enough evidence.

image.png.7e555c85a86029be36cf49c49fb87ce5.png

Furthermore, minutes on the pitch is a big factor. Ebiowei had the equivalent to 4 goals and 9 assists over a 46 game season. 

On 26/05/2022 at 10:23, Ghost of Clough said:

1 goals and 2 assists.

My claim is statistically correct... therefore this is more than enough evidence.

Furthermore, minutes on the pitch is a big factor. Ebiowei had the equivalent to 4 goals and 9 assists over a 46 game season. 

GOC I am a big admirer of your analytical skills but on this you are totally wrong. ebiowei has not produced the goods for us yet and really needs to stay with us for at least three years to work on his game. 

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

GOC I am a big admirer of your analytical skills but on this you are totally wrong. ebiowei has not produced the goods for us yet and really needs to stay with us for at least three years to work on his game. 

Sound reasoning, can't argue with that?

1 goals and 2 assists.

I know he's a slight lad, but 0kg? Impressive.

And I know Sibley's not had his best season, but to say he doesn't exist (0 height, 0 weight) is a little harsh.

Interested to see what happens to Ebiowei. 

I’m fairly sure we would be willing to do a lot to keep him around next season, plus as a player of 18 who has already been released by two clubs then you would think that would play into it.

Honestly, I thought it was a no brainier he would be around next season and be a more established first team player on a deal that warrants that. Premier League academies can pay a lot more than we can offer though and there are no guarantees in football, so I’d understand that if he moved on. 

Desperate for Malcolm to stay. What a talent he is. If he does go I would hope we would try and get him back on loan next season. Gets fans off their seats. Creative. Can beat a man with a trick. Set piece delivery. Goal threat from wide.

I will be gutted if he goes and then gets loaned to another team next season which looks like Plange will be doing (cov and Blackpool both want him)

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am 100% convinced he is off. He seems an ambitious lad so wouldn't blame him for making the jump. In my mind the best we can hope for is that if he goes to a Prem club we can get him back on loan.

I think it's more likely he stays permanently than comes back on loan. He's proven he can play at Championship level, so I don't see why a Prem Club would be happy for him to drop down to League One on loan.

I think the most likely scenario is that he moves and doesn't come back unfortunately.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

It'll all depend on what the likes of Palace MU Spurs Newcastle are prepared to offer him. If it's a few times more than what we are allowed to offer in L1 he'll be off. Wise move for him is to think about what WR has already done for him and can do for him going forward. He should stay and develop in first team football rather than go to Spurs or wherever and end up in their U21's.

25 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think it's more likely he stays permanently than comes back on loan. He's proven he can play at Championship level, so I don't see why a Prem Club would be happy for him to drop down to League One on loan.

I think the most likely scenario is that he moves and doesn't come back unfortunately.

Clearly he has been improved by the coaching and opportunities at Derby. I guess one consideration for him will be what this could look like if he moved now.

If he was 20+ I think it 100% he would move, but he is only 18. He won’t be thinking “my career is short…. etc..”

The possibility of a new contract with a modest buyout clause in case we get stuck in L1 I don’t think can be ruled out.

All depends on what we can offer him. Man U might come in and offer him 15k a week and a 4 year deal. 
we might be offering him half of that. If he does his cruciate next month his career is virtually over. It’s a brave step staying at Derby. 

1 goals and 2 assists.

Blimey,  imagine if he had scored a hat trick in his one and only appearance. He would be on over 130 goals per season by your reckoning.  ?

You can skew stats any way you like doesn't prove anything really. He needs to prove his potential over at least a season.

We all banged on about Sibley after his goals early on in his career. 

With any contract renewal, I’m guessing they will all be offered a hefty pay increase on promotion, plus the freedom to leave if we don’t go up next season. Can’t see why the EFL would block that.

Then we have to hope that they value playing first team football over U23s and being shipped all over on loan. 

16 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

All depends on what we can offer him. Man U might come in and offer him 15k a week and a 4 year deal. 
we might be offering him half of that. If he does his cruciate next month his career is virtually over. It’s a brave step staying at Derby. 

Folk cite this reasoning quite often and with Derby's recent history one can see why, but the truth is such injuries are thankfully pretty rare. The only study I can find, which uses the Premier League as the model, suggests an overall ACL injury rate of 0.066 per 1000, so perhaps this is more of a concern than us than for the players, themselves?