That one game

Bris Vegas

14 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Esteban Fuertes v Everton, scored on his debut, instant hero to replace Wanchope, things didn’t quite go to plan thereafter.

He was invited to a posh dinner after that game, All were seated and then one of the guests asked him to Pass the Port, Being from Agentina he misheard and ran out as fast as he could.

In terms of an opposition player, I remember a Crewe goalkeeper making over 10 saves against us in a 0-0 draw at Pride Park around 2003.

He even came on Radio Derby after the game and said it was probably the best match of his career.

Nathan Tyson also had a brilliant one against us for Forest. So good Nigel Clough signed him on that basis and he never got anywhere near that level in a Derby shirt.

19 hours ago, chezzyram said:

Good as he was in that game I think his hat-trick in the 5-3 Cup win away at Tottenham was Big Rog's finest hour, it was a remarkable comeback against a team with some massive names at that time

Agree 100%! Was lucky enough to be there at both games but the hat-trick he scored at WHL easily trumps 5 goals v Luton.In fact that fantastic F.A.Cup comeback win v Spurs was probably my favourite Rams(away) match of all time.It still scares me to this day that I almost missed it!

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

In terms of an opposition player, I remember a Crewe goalkeeper making over 10 saves against us in a 0-0 draw at Pride Park around 2003.

He even came on Radio Derby after the game and said it was probably the best match of his career.

Nathan Tyson also had a brilliant one against us for Forest. So good Nigel Clough signed him on that basis and he never got anywhere near that level in a Derby shirt.

Clayton ince.

Me and my dad still use that to describe an opposition keeper to this day "christ he is having a clayton ince today"

54 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Agree 100%! Was lucky enough to be there at both games but the hat-trick he scored at WHL easily trumps 5 goals v Luton.In fact that fantastic F.A.Cup comeback win v Spurs was probably my favourite Rams(away) match of all time.It still scares me to this day that I almost missed it!

All about opinions, the Spurs game was more a team performance, Luton he beat on his own.

On 31/08/2021 at 22:07, chezzyram said:

Charlie George's European Cup hat trick against Real Madrid. Not the only great game Charlie had but certainly a feat that is unlikely to ever be repeated! 

Bit harsh expecting there to be any chance of a repeat to be fair - he is 70 and it will be at least two years until we are in Europe - I know Real are on a bit of a lean patch at the moment, but us managing to set up a 72 year old three times is a bit of a stretch ?

Calum Ball v West Ham Dec 2011. He'd just come into the side but had a blinder against a team that were expected to go up (and did go up).

Great CF performance that day, he held the ball up very well against decent CBs (Tompkins & Reid) which we needed with being underdogs. Scored a great goal after 2 mins too as we won 2-1

His Derby career ended not long after with a loan move to League One Coventry the following year. He ended up scoring a mere 6 league goals in his career (and 2 in Scotland)

On 01/09/2021 at 13:22, TigerTedd said:

Louie Sibley - scores a hat trick,m in that one game, then pretty much nothing for a whole season. 

A bit difficult to perform well when you spend almost the entire season on the bench, only getting on the pitch when the game has already been lost, and being played out of position to boot. Apart from that, what has Louie Sibley ever done for us?

On 31/08/2021 at 22:19, Wistaston Ram said:

Although he played in more important games, I remember Peter Shilton almost single handed keeping Newcastle out at St James Park.

Arthur Cox ran straight to him after the game. Best goalkeeping display he had ever seen which is really something considering Arthur was on the bench in the 1973 FA Cup final when Jim Montgomergy kept Leeds at bay all afternoon.