That one game

Bris Vegas

Michael Forsyth, Liverpool at home 1987.  He slid in to score and 26,000 and me went wild.

Edited by Guest

I’m a Johnny come lately as a Ram but for some reason, even though we lost .. I remember Will Hughes against Leicester in the cup .. he waltzed through midfield countless times, show boated, tricks, twirls, neat passes short or long  .. it was a delight, such swagger, such confidence. Even my miserable one eyed Leicester half fan brother said “who the eff is he”

Personally I am a lousy footballer … but one game at college at a sports centre in North Manchester circa 1976 .. down on the left bye line I somehow aced a looping high cross while falling on my backside, and Harvey Jessop who had a perm like Kevin Keegan, nodded it in at the far post and gave me a match of the day GOTM team mate hug .. I felt like a god .. never happened since and never likely to again ?

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Tyrone Mears in the play-off final was colossal, if my memory serves me right.

Performed two inch perfect tackles in the penalty area to stop WBA and wasn’t beaten all afternoon.

The one he did on Koumas was a proper crap your pants one. Especially the way he went sprawling.  99% of refs now give a penalty for what was a great tackle.  

Martin ‘Crazy like a Fool’ Kuhl’s debut  at home. 

Absolutely ran the show and Arthur said he was the missing piece in his jigsaw of a very young side he’d put together. 

Substituted on 85 minutes to a standing ovation. 

One other was the lad on loan from Wolves, Lee, surname escapes me, who also had a great debut, scored a belter. Didn’t do much after.

Gangway D from the terrace

2 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Hate to say it, but again Gary Teales debut, can’t remember who it was against maybe Norwich. I was in the West stand and he was terrific. Every player he attempted to beat, he beat easily and he also delivered some brilliant balls into the box. 

There is also a few more I can think of, Barazite, Bueno against Watford at home. 

I was going to say Tealinho. Can’t remember which game, but basically which ever game earned him that moniker. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

I’m a Johnny come lately as a Ram but for some reason, even though we lost .. I remember Will Hughes against Leicester in the cup .. he waltzed through midfield countless times, show boated, tricks, twirls, neat passes short or long  .. it was a delight, such swagger, such confidence. Even my miserable one eyed Leicester half fan brother said “who the eff is he”

Personally I am a lousy footballer … but one game at college at a sports centre in North Manchester circa 1976 .. down on the left bye line I somehow aced a looping high cross while falling on my backside, and Harvey Jessop who had a perm like Kevin Keegan, nodded it in at the far post and gave me a match of the day GOTM team mate hug .. I felt like a god .. never happened since and never likely to again ?

I had a moment like that once, just a kick around in the park, but I tore down the wing leapt like a gazelle over a viscous sliding tackle while knocking the ball ahead of me, and then, without breaking my stride, laid an inch perfect cross onto the head of the centre forward. I’ll probably never have a better moment on a football pitch. 

doesn’t fit into this category though, cos it was just one moment, not a game. I was pants for every moment before and after. 

30 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Martin ‘Crazy like a Fool’ Kuhl’s debut  at home. 

Absolutely ran the show and Arthur said he was the missing piece in his jigsaw of a very young side he’d put together. 

Substituted on 85 minutes to a standing ovation. 

One other was the lad on loan from Wolves, Lee, surname escapes me, who also had a great debut, scored a belter. Didn’t do much after.

Gangway D from the terrace

Lee Mills. Appears his actual name was Rowan. I think he scored a few then Smith swapped him for Van Der Laan as part of the deal. . People weren't to happy at the time . 

9 hours ago, chezzyram said:

Good as he was in that game I think his hat-trick in the 5-3 Cup win away at Tottenham was Big Rog's finest hour, it was a remarkable comeback against a team with some massive names at that time

Possibly agree, What tipped it for me was all 5, Being 1-3 down was a remakable comeback