Our own song (yes this again)

sage

9 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Who do you think you are kiddin' Mr EFL (FL) if you think 'ol Derbys done ? , we are the boys who will spoil your little game , we are the boys who will make you think again !..so who do you think you are kiddin Mr FL if you think 'ol Derbys done!

I'll work on the rest

24 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Who do you think you are kiddin' Mr EFL (FL) if you think 'ol Derbys done ? , we are the boys who will spoil your little game , we are the boys who will make you think again !..so who do you think you are kiddin Mr FL if you think 'ol Derbys done!

Mr Brown goes off to town on the 8 : 21 but he goes down to Pride park every match day with his son ! Who do you think you are kiddin Mr FL if you think ol Derbys done !!

Yes I know its old , but if you've watched Dads Army (and there's a link IF u like ) you will know the tune !  It harks back to a time when we showed backbone and stuck the middle finger up to our adversaries . What do uou think ? .......steps back and puts tin hat on . 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Yuk can’t stand that almost and bad as YNWA 

I love the song but wasn't serious about dcfc adopting it, hence me saying that all we had to do was sing in time together. The Pride Park crowd can't clap or shout Derby at the same time at the end of Bloomer so several minutes of chanting in unison would be a non starter. Apologies for not making this obvious. 

By the way, what is YNWA? 

6 hours ago, Bob Mash said:

I love the song but wasn't serious about dcfc adopting it, hence me saying that all we had to do was sing in time together. The Pride Park crowd can't clap or shout Derby at the same time at the end of Bloomer so several minutes of chanting in unison would be a non starter. Apologies for not making this obvious. 

By the way, what is YNWA? 

You’ll Never Walk Alone. ?

I've posted this before and I'll keep posting it... So, if we won't get a German CB, at least we should import the Peppi Longstocking song...

There's bounce, it has simple, catchy tune and sounds awesome. Why not? Who'll do the lyrics?

US President George Washington once sang "The Derby Ram" to his twin sons (named Hector and Mackay)

A finger in the left ear is recommended.

As I was going to Darby, Sir,

All on a market day,

I met the finest Ram, Sir,

That ever was fed on hay.

Daddle-i-day, daddle-i-day,

Fal-de-ral, fal-de-ral, daddle-i-day.

This Ram was fat behind, Sir,

This Ram was fat before,

This Ram was ten yards high, Sir,

Indeed he was no more.

Daddle-i-day, etc.

The Wool upon his back, Sir,

Reached up unto the sky,

The Eagles made their nests there, Sir,

For I heard the young ones cry.

Daddle-i-day, etc.

On 11/10/2021 at 08:21, angieram said:

Like Steve Bloomer's Watching? ?

We can't even get that right! 

Steve Bloomer’s Watching would be a lot better if it was played at the same tempo as it’s sung without music away from home.

I honestly cringe every time I hear it at home games now. Everything about it (fans singing and clapping out of time included) is just dreadful.