Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we are Derby and sure to have our way
La la la la la la
La la la la la la

Not the words I recall.  There was much more of a hooligan beat to it back then!  A lot of "Taking of ends", if I recall!   ?

On 11/10/2021 at 16:07, Crewton said:

I've always thought that "The Black Velvet Band" (as sung by The Dubliners) had the kind of rousing chorus that a football crowd could get stuck into.

Yeah, quite a few of those sort of songs would be a good for for football chants tbf.

I wish the following was a slightly better song, because it's got the right sort of sentiment for our current predicament

"We are the ones who will never be broken / We are the ones who survive / This is the sound that brings us together / You are the one by our side / And through it all / And through it all, the spirit's alive / And through it all, your spirit's alive"

13 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Yeah, quite a few of those sort of songs would be a good for for football chants tbf.

I wish the following was a slightly better song, because it's got the right sort of sentiment for our current predicament

"We are the ones who will never be broken / We are the ones who survive / This is the sound that brings us together / You are the one by our side / And through it all / And through it all, the spirit's alive / And through it all, your spirit's alive"

As you say, right sentiment, wrong tune!

On 11/10/2021 at 20:29, Ilsonram12 said:

Love to get a Derby lyric to this 

Here goes 

Throw confetti in the air 

Get them singing in your rows

Buy a pink home kit

And some black socks for your toes

Cheer your football team

So they don't show their fatigue 

Let's make Derby great

And rise up the football league 

?

On 25/08/2021 at 23:35, Bob Mash said:

Marching on Together etc.. 

Bloomer was recorded and made by a Derby fan, played at the games and over time we sang it. So yes. 

It was copied from a Australian football team song not original 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Done on a regular basis but without the sailing bit.

...And at such breakneck pace, one hardly recognises the one time chart-topping, pop-picking Falklands-returning hit!  ?

Oops... Make that two times!  The Falklands homecoming was v2.0, if memory now serves!  Doh!

53 minutes ago, Bob Mash said:

Doesn't matter what the song is, it would be sung at a different speed in each stand, out of time and out of tune. We can't even manage the Derby bit at the end of Bloomer 

Oh come on!  Have you not heard of the speed of sound?  

Stand in the centre circle, and I bet we are all in perfect time with each other.  I'm convinced of it!  ?