Our own song (yes this again)

sage

On 31/03/2022 at 22:53, IslandExile said:

Traditionally, the famous World War Two film theme had been played before each Lincoln City home game, while the siren was sounded ahead of corner kicks.

I'm surprised they're allowed to do that?  I know it's not music, but still sounds through the PA system.
If SBW is running over, it gets cut off at the kick off whistle.

?‍♂️

• 1 year later...
On 12/09/2021 at 09:28, Inverurie Ram said:

Especially for @2tups. Hull Kingston Rovers fans can do it.

I’ve mentioned this song a few times over the years and in 2023/24 it looks like Derby County may have eventually stopped nicking songs off Sheffield Wednesday and with Inverurie Ram’s massive Hull Kingston Rovers influence………and Inverurie Ram has finally landed a song for Pride Park & Derby County.

Up The Rams & The Robins!

9 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I’ve mentioned this song a few times over the years and in 2023/24 it looks like Derby County may have eventually stopped nicking songs off Sheffield Wednesday and with Inverurie Ram’s massive Hull Kingston Rovers influence………and Inverurie Ram has finally landed a song for Pride Park & Derby County.

Love it! 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Love it! 

It's alright for you girls, but some of those notes made my eyes water just thinking about them!  🤣

... and the (taller) lad who comes into view on 1:36 is the only one in the entire crowd doing "The Derby Clap" properly!   👀 

Love it to bits. I remember dancing to Erasure during the early years of my marriage knowing that finally I wouldn't be going home alone that night 😉.

A plea to the South Stand. Sing it lads and lasses and I promise to join in. I, however, cannot promise dry eyes. Come on you Rams.

On 01/08/2023 at 23:18, Inverurie Ram said:

Is this being played then? 

I’ll start warming up now 

On 01/08/2023 at 23:18, Inverurie Ram said:

I love this! Being a Derby fan is basically like being in an abusive relationship, so a little respect would be nice!

Why not?

Why do you build me up (Build me up)
Derby County
Just to let me down? (Let me down)
And mess me around
And then, worst of all (Worst of all)
You never call, Derby
When you say you will (Say you will)
But I love you still
I need you (I need you)
More than anyone, Derby
You know that I have from the start
So build me up (Build me up)
Derby, don't break my heart

The New York Mets come out to Lazy Mary during their games, I think it would be great to play that at half time when the players return to the pitch. South standers can do their best drunk fake Italian, everyone else can happy clap and sway dance to help forget that drubbing we took in the first half... No lyrics needed, which helps out the older, more forgetful fans.

On 11/08/2023 at 10:23, MadAmster said:

Why not?

Why do you build me up (Build me up)
Derby County
Just to let me down? (Let me down)
And mess me around
And then, worst of all (Worst of all)
You never call, Derby
When you say you will (Say you will)
But I love you still
I need you (I need you)
More than anyone, Derby
You know that I have from the start
So build me up (Build me up)
Derby, don't break my heart

This is one I've suggested in the past. Easy enough, pertinent and the right length.