Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

7 minutes ago, swanny said:

how have they released that many? i thought we only had 8000 Season ticket holders  in total?

I think the reserved tickets included all the season ticket holders from 2019/20 - so that was about 18 - 20,000.

That's still a hell of a lot of recent season ticket holders who haven't bothered - a huge concern for the club surely

Tim Robinson is refereeing the East Midlands Derby on Saturday. Only two referees dished out more red cards than him in the Championship last season. 

DET:

13:57 STEVE NICHOLSON

Rooney on the fans

Rooney: "The fans have been excellent to the players and myself."

13:55 STEVE NICHOLSON

Build up

Asked if he does anything different with the players before a big game like this, Rooney joked: "I went to Thorpe Park (with the family) yesterday, and went on a few rollercoasters."

4 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Slightly off topic query...

Does anyone know any decent cafes in and around the city centre, or within walking distance of the ground, to get a fried breakfast before the match? 

3 hours ago, swanny said:

all gone now...

WHAT!  Yer mean... NO SAUSAGES!   

#Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

2 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

I think the reserved tickets included all the season ticket holders from 2019/20 - so that was about 18 - 20,000.

That's still a hell of a lot of recent season ticket holders who haven't bothered - a huge concern for the club surely

There’s still the issue of covid, not just from a health point of view but for those having to take tests to go on holiday. Not to mention those already away. I missed the Boro game and will also miss the forest game.

But I do know several people that just haven’t bothered to renew. Don’t think the support of the team has suffered from the games I’ve been to though even with half a crowd there, probably better if anything and I’m sure they will return 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

DET:

13:57 STEVE NICHOLSON

Rooney on the fans

Rooney: "The fans have been excellent to the players and myself."

13:55 STEVE NICHOLSON

Build up

Asked if he does anything different with the players before a big game like this, Rooney joked: "I went to Thorpe Park (with the family) yesterday, and went on a few rollercoasters."

Is he preparing for a rollercoaster of a season.

On 25/08/2021 at 17:18, Reggie Greenwood said:

They have been called Notts for over 100 years. Only recent comers get shirty over it 

Hi Rams fans - undercover red here and as the name says I do come in peace, never quite got my head round the bad feeling between our two sides, anyway - to your point we have not been called Notts for over 100 years - the World Famous City Ground is indeed in the county and we moved there in 1898 but of course it was not always so. Forest originally played Shinty until 1865 when a meeting was called and we decided to switch to football and so formed the NFFC which makes us the world's oldest professional football club (since County's relegation to the national league) - the team played at various places with the city but in the most basic sense the club represented the City while Notts County represented the County - pretty simple really. We hate it for the same reason you'd hate being called Derby City or Derby Town, its not your name. It is weird that while we play at a stadium outside the City while Notts County's ground Meadow Lane in inside the city limits. 

As for the game I can confirm that many of us think you have a good chance to get your first win since 2017 because for all his faults Rooney's apparently managed to at least create a fighting spirit and siege mentality which is working for you while we don't seem to know what we're doing apart from making a team that is less than the sum of its parts. 

2 minutes ago, Icomeinpeace said:

Hi Rams fans - undercover red here and as the name says I do come in peace, never quite got my head round the bad feeling between our two sides, anyway - to your point we have not been called Notts for over 100 years - the World Famous City Ground is indeed in the county and we moved there in 1898 but of course it was not always so. Forest originally played Shinty until 1865 when a meeting was called and we decided to switch to football and so formed the NFFC which makes us the world's oldest professional football club (since County's relegation to the national league) - the team played at various places with the city but in the most basic sense the club represented the City while Notts County represented the County - pretty simple really. We hate it for the same reason you'd hate being called Derby City or Derby Town, its not your name. It is weird that while we play at a stadium outside the City while Notts County's ground Meadow Lane in inside the city limits. 

As for the game I can confirm that many of us think you have a good chance to get your first win since 2017 because for all his faults Rooney's apparently managed to at least create a fighting spirit and siege mentality which is working for you while we don't seem to know what we're doing apart from making a team that is less than the sum of its parts. 

Take a look at fixture lists and league tables going back years. Always says Notts Forest. Will post a few up for you ?

5 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Take a look at fixture lists and league tables going back years. Always says Notts Forest. Will post a few up for you ?

And football in England was indeed called "soccer" originally but that is not the name that was officially adopted and agreed upon as the canon name for the game and the vagaries of a random printer's mis-spelling a hundred years ago not more dictates the name of a club for perpetuity than I don't know if your teacher wrote Philip rather than Phillip on your school report. But by all means sit in the corner of the pub chuntering in to your beer that "it is Notts - I read it once so there".... while the rest of the world just smiles in your direction, sighs and carries on with things that aren't utterly trivial. 

I had come to offer some discussion, insight and exchange about the actual game   

21 minutes ago, Icomeinpeace said:

And football in England was indeed called "soccer" originally but that is not the name that was officially adopted and agreed upon as the canon name for the game and the vagaries of a random printer's mis-spelling a hundred years ago not more dictates the name of a club for perpetuity than I don't know if your teacher wrote Philip rather than Phillip on your school report. But by all means sit in the corner of the pub chuntering in to your beer that "it is Notts - I read it once so there".... while the rest of the world just smiles in your direction, sighs and carries on with things that aren't utterly trivial. 

I had come to offer some discussion, insight and exchange about the actual game   

D29EFB00-C603-4F92-99FE-55E57CB87C7D.jpeg

Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

Missed an opportunity there did our Brian. Surely…

”Derby is a footballing town. Notts never has been.”

I can hear his voice saying it, his intonation of the word nottingham was full of derision, he didn't need to say notts. ?? #COYR