Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

9 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Would that by any chance happen to coincide with the departures of Jagielka and Shinnie?

Totally screwed over by the efl.

Yes.  The Jagielka loss was the one.  Said last week Davies was absolutely on his arse and Stearman should come in for few and they may as well stick Lawrence up top.  They did 50% of that.  I fancy we have 6 or 7 more points from the last 6 games with those two.  Shinnie wasn't technically gifted in anyway but good for a point or 3 against the Millwalls and Blackburns.  Jagielkas organisation is a 10 point swing.

Unfortunately I think I can now hear the fat lady warming up. We've given this a really good go but the run-in form just hasn't been good enough sadly. I know, it's not over yet, and 'fight till the end' and all that (and we will) but I think this week its has just started to feel like we're approaching the end of the road.

No games for a couple of weeks so back to fretting over whether anyone will actually save the club or not. I've had more enjoyable times as a Derby fan ? 

I think you can support the lads until the end but also take a dose of realism if you want. The two aren't mutually exclusive. I have no issue with those that think we'll win our last 7 games either.

It's done one for me. Can't see the away form changing and a couple of tough gigs at home too. If we'd just grabbed a couple of points over our last 7 away losses I'd probably still believe but it's just not happening. 

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I know Jayram but we support to the end... Full stop! 

Scarlett mate, I was at Luton 3 weeks ago and Bournemouth last week, and I’ll probably be at Swansea and QPR in the next few weeks as well - I’m not saying we stop supporting the boys, just that to all intents and purposes and being realistic our race is run. We need to see the season out with pride but I just want the agony of hoping against hope to end. Who knows? It might even prompt one of these supposedly interested parties to make a formal bid! 

15 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

FFS!!! It was 8 points a few weeks ago!! It can change so quickly. It is not ducking over!!! Most people’s optimistic predictions have us needing to win our last 3 games of the season to do it, those 3 games are all winnable. If it’s 8+ points after Swansea then maybe we can call it. 

It’s only 8 points if Reading lose all their remaining games. That’s not going to happen.

I think 40+ points would have given us a realistic chance. Unfortunately, to reach that we would now need 5 wins from the last 7. 

Are we really capable of that?

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’m at peace with relegation, it’s not stressing me anymore.

Same here mate. Of course there's still that faint hope but if we're going to go down then I'd rather it be 3 or 4 games from the end rather than a heart breaking final day. May as well finish 24th as 22nd, all counts the same.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It’s only 8 points if Reading lose all their remaining games. That’s not going to happen.

I think 40+ points would have given us a realistic chance. Unfortunately, to reach that we would now need 5 wins from the last 7. 

Are we really capable of that?

Win 2 of the next 4, and win the final 3. Job done.

11 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I think you can support the lads until the end but also take a dose of realism if you want. The two aren't mutually exclusive. I have no issue with those that think we'll win our last 7 games either.

It's done one for me. Can't see the away form changing and a couple of tough gigs at home too. If we'd just grabbed a couple of points over our last 7 away losses I'd probably still believe but it's just not happening. 

Good post. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Nothing is factual yet.

I'm not saying we WILL stay up, I just think it's slightly premature to write it off. There is a chance, a slim one, but it's there.

We don't have to win all 7 games, we just need to win more than the other sides which is entirely possible. We are the best side out of the 4 down there, that is a fact. This side just need to turn the form around and put an unbeaten run together. We have seen them do it before so why not now. There is the international break to rest up and then go for it for the last 7 games.

Remember we don't need to get out of the relegation zone until the final whsitle on the last game of the season. We just need to be within 3 points of safety going into that last game and I think we'll do it. We're currently 8 points off, Reading and Barsnley still have to play each other. So we need to make up 5 points, that is doable.

The players will still believe and fight to the very end. And fans should do the same. Some of us are throwing the towel in like we were somehow expected to get out of it. We were written off before a ball was kicked! To still be in this position is remarkable. So why not just enjoy it. We have nothing to lose.

You never know. Football is a funny game.

Today was a big opportunity missed. You have to give credit to Reading for picking up points when the pressure is on. Four massive points in the space of five days.

Despite that, we can’t give up now. Yes, the task has become that much harder because Reading are almost out of sight. If the gap gets any wider, then yes it’s over.

But as it is, we have to keep plugging away and doing what we can and see where it takes us. We don’t want to resign ourselves to League 1 now and then wonder what if.

Win v Preston and Barnsley beat Reading and there is still hope. But if Reading win and then get a good result in their game hand v Stoke, then indeed it might start to look a bridge too far.