Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

All 3 sides need a massive turn around in form to stop us!

Or an injury to Curtis Davies, or Tom Lawrence, or Jason Knight...

I'm living and breathing the belief, but we're still one chance in 10 this goes our way.

Ebosele has 2 goals and 1 assist this season, not been starting every game so for me how can you talk like he's one of our most important players over the real regulars in the side like Knight when he's been an impact player who's played a few good games? 

Has the potential but I'm going off what he has done so far, he's a good player but not someone I'd think bloody hell we are ducked if we lost him to injury for the rest of the season. Don't think he's crucial to the side in all honesty. A good player though, but he's more someone who we could rotate as of yet for me  abit like Thompson. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Ebosele has 2 goals and 1 assist this season, not been starting every game so for me how can you talk like he's one of our most important players over the real regulars in the side like Knight when he's been an impact player who's played a few good games? 

Has the potential but I'm going off what he has done so far, he's a good player but not someone I'd think bloody hell we are ducked if we lost him to injury for the rest of the season. Don't think he's crucial to the side in all honesty. A good player though, but he's more someone who we could rotate as of yet for me  abit like Thompson. 

He's been getting better with every game he plays. Only one assist? 

Someone like Thompson isn't going to score or create. Not too many in our squad are.

21 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Well, you carry on thinking that Ebosele isn't going to be essential to us winning another 8 or 9 games and the rest of us will carry on thinking he probably is. 

He's not essential to our team being able to win games It's recency bias, he played really well against Hull but he's had really ineffective games as well and for me better defenders and more well drilled teams will nullify him if he starts and he will be more useful as a sub last 20 minutes. 

Hull was a game which was easy for him to exploit his pace on the counter, as a starter in alit of games he won't be able to do that and will need to come inside more and drop deep. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

9 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

He's not essential to our team being able to win games It's recency bias, he played really well against Hull but he's had really ineffective games as well and for me better defenders and more well drilled teams will nullify him if he starts and he will be more useful as a sub last 20 minutes. 

Hull was a game which was easy for him to exploit his pace on the counter, as a starter in alit of games he won't be able to do that and will need to come inside more and drop deep. 

He's statistically our 5th best player (behind Davies, Lawrence, Bielik and Bird).

His presence on the pitch also gives others so much more space to operate in, as if he isn't double marked, he'll create all sorts of problems just like against Hull.

Festy has had a big influence on our last 4 home games, motm twice, 1 goal and 2 assists (sheff u 2nd goal was all down to him, but because he passed to Forsyth it 'officially' won't be credited to him....), started the games (in order) at left full back, right wing back, sub and then right wing on Tuesday.

His increasing influence in games and versatility are going to be key.

I picked the home games as I believe that effectively this is what will determine if we survive or fail.

43 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Thank goodness Rooney can see something that you obviously can't. Of course he'll be better in some games than others. Of course at times he'll be used as an impact sub. But if he appears in a match-day squad and doesn't play any part in the game between now and the end of the season, I'll be amazed.

We are defensively solid, incredibly hard working in midfield and now have Lawrence and Plange up front who can put the ball in the back of the net.

Where we are crying out for more is a wide man who can create something from nothing, who carries the ball a long distance and who gives us a threat when defences are sat back against us. He's the ultimate joker card and we don't have anyone else like him. Where I tend to agree is that if he is poor or the opposition does nullify him we are a much easier team to play against. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Stop worrying about his end product and just enjoy watching him play. Players like him are very, very rare.

Yes lol. I loved it the other night. I think he did the same thing 3 times. Stood still opposite his defender then .. “let’s see who’s quickest .. ready, steady …. Go ! “ He reminds me of our terrier when she’s stolen a pair of socks .. “you want it ?” Catch me if you can 

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Festy is terrifying for the opposition. I'm not sure of his best position and maybe him and Byrne can get in each others space, but whatever, he is a beast, and his ability to outpace a defender from a standing start is remarkable.

We have to trust Rooney how he is used but bugger me its exciting to watch.

This isn’t the Festy thread, but we can’t help being impressed by him right now.

The standing start is his current trademark. You know when he squares up to the full back he’s going to knock it down the wing and win any foot race. We know, he knows it and the full back knows it. Unstoppable.

The biggest change is his understanding of positioning now. Rooney has said he’s asked him to stick to the touch line as much as possible, this means him and Byrne haven’t got in each others way so much in the last few games they’ve played together on the right and allows him the space to get into his stride.

His first touch is sometimes quite heavy and would mean he was being read easily by experienced defenders at first. Now he is finding space to operate he is growing in confidence and becoming more effective.

2 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

I was going to say teams will know about him now and double man mark but he’d blow them out the water with his pace. 

They won’t know if he is playing at right back right wing left back left wing or from an advanced midfield though - planning how to mark him pre match is rather difficult 

If someone offered me those results (including ours) before kickoff today I'd have taken it. That's the reality.

The big questions is what do we want in mid-week? My view? Anything but a Reading win. Their confidence is low, the longer that goes on, the better.

Also, *if* we can win next weekend, then if Pbo win in mid week we maintain the 2 point gap to them and a max of 4 points behind Reading (rather than potentially being 7 points behind Reading at this point next week!).