Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

With relegation now certain to league 1 , rooney will go next week but to be honest im not bothered . Only 1 thing will keep rooney here is if he actually becomes part of a package to buy the club which is possible seeing as he has just trousered 21 million and a club is on sale for a tin of beans .

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interestingly, Wayne has raised £21 million tonight by liquidating his image rights company. Is he accumulating funds to buy the club? 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-set-pocket-around-25012530.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Hard to tell. Could he just be preparing for prolonged unemployment?

6 hours ago, Ash_SJ said:

Wassall may have been let go, he was removed as a director from the academy last week

p%2BhuNhYEBefh88nHptMu4NEA==&X-Amz-Signe

Perhaps wait and see on that one. Resigning as a director doesn't necessarily mean he's no longer an employee. 

If the club's statement is to be believed, the running costs currently are sustainable : it's the debt that is proving impossible to service. I wouldn't therefore automatically assumed that large scale cost-cutting is inevitable. It depends what the Administrator finds when they examine the books, budgets, revenue etc. 

Putting aside Rooney's wages and the financial questions to one side.

Seeing Rooney walk would be a disaster, it really would, not that I would blame him for a second if he was to walk, from a selfish point of view I hope his loyalty will not be tested by all of this.

For those wanting Rooney out, just think for a second, we're entering admin, the clubs future is unknown, how many experienced managers will look and think this is a great opportunity?

How many will walk in and have knowledge of our squad, the likes of Dylan Williams, Jack Stretton, Festy Ebosele, these are not household names but are now tasked with playing a part in turning round a minimum of -5 points.

Regardless of fans thoughts on Rooney, his tactics, his misdemeanours off the pitch, performances this season have improved. 

If his fight and loyalty can rub off on the players we stand a far better chance with him than without. 

Surely even those that want him gone can see now is not the time. Even if you can't show him any love, at least be able to tolerate him.

Thankfully in the ground he's been given incredible support so far this season, that HAS to continue and would be nice to see it extended online here and across social media to help create the siege mentality needed to stand any chance of staying up.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Putting aside Rooney's wages and the financial questions to one side.

Seeing Rooney walk would be a disaster, it really would, not that I would blame him for a second if he was to walk, from a selfish point of view I hope his loyalty will not be tested by all of this.

For those wanting Rooney out, just think for a second, we're entering admin, the clubs future is unknown, how many experienced managers will look and think this is a great opportunity?

How many will walk in and have knowledge of our squad, the likes of Dylan Williams, Jack Stretton, Festy Ebosele, these are not household names but are now tasked with playing a part in turning round a minimum of -5 points.

Regardless of fans thoughts on Rooney, his tactics, his misdemeanours off the pitch, performances this season have improved. 

If his fight and loyalty can rub off on the players we stand a far better chance with him than without. 

Surely even those that want him gone can see now is not the time. Even if you can't show him any love, at least be able to tolerate him.

Thankfully in the ground he's been given incredible support so far this season, that HAS to continue and would be nice to see it extended online here and across social media to help create the siege mentality needed to stand any chance of staying up.

Rooney has always been forthright in front of the cameras,he was probably kept as much in the dark as everyone else.

Wayne could relinquish some or most of his wage to help the club but I bet he won’t. He is with us because we have him the job. He won’t get that luxury anywhere else. Other clubs Championship and above will tell him to prove himself first, and Wayne won’t want to work in the lower leagues.

If reports are to be believed he is on £90,000 a week but he apparently deferred some of that earlier in the year due to the non payment of wages issue. If Wayne dropped to £10,000 a week the saving could pay the majority of the squad.

Edited by Warwick Ram

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Rooney has always been forthright in front of the cameras,he was probably kept as much in the dark as everyone else.

True, and I feel for him as much as anyone in all this. 

Saying that, this will ensure his reputation in tact, stays and takes us down or walks away.

Without comparing situations between Rooney and Cocu, who had it worse, clearly Rooney has had a lot to deal with from day 1, probably been through more than a lot of managers that are 20/30 years in.

Honestly think the performances have been incredible this year given the circumstances, even if the results do not show it.

Not his fault we do not have a natural goal scorer, you don't find many on a free transfer that would sign on embargo restricted wages.

Rooney and his staff and the players are the only positive thing about this club at the moment and the only thing that gives us some hope.

Just hope they win today, they will be lauded as heroes if they do! If we get smashed, you can’t really blame them with everything going on.  The performance today will say a lot about this group and I think they’ll put in another decent performance

Edited by BramcoteRam84

4 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

Wayne could relinquish some or most of his wage to help the club but I bet he won’t. He is with us because we have him the job. He won’t get that luxury anywhere else. Other clubs Championship and above will tell him to prove himself first, and Wayne won’t want to work in the lower leagues.

There have been lots of managerial appointments at this level with no previous experience, Preston employed one to replace Alex Neil.

You have Corberán at Huddersfield, 

Scott Parker, at Fulham, now with Bournemouth and Swansea brought Steve Cooper in so it's not like he wouldn't get another job at this level based off experience, which he now has more than the above when they were appointed.

Also don't believe he should take a wage cut, sure he's rich and could work for the next 20 years without stepping foot in Aldi or Primark, but he signed a contract and that should be honoured. 

Would be an unbelievable gesture if he did, but should not be expected. 

Let's not forget he did lead the talks which saw a 50% wage deferral during the pandemic. Some may argue that should have been a cut, although how many of us volunteered any kind of wage cut during the pandemic? Very few I suspect.

17 minutes ago, David said:

True, and I feel for him as much as anyone in all this. 

Saying that, this will ensure his reputation in tact, stays and takes us down or walks away.

Without comparing situations between Rooney and Cocu, who had it worse, clearly Rooney has had a lot to deal with from day 1, probably been through more than a lot of managers that are 20/30 years in.

Honestly think the performances have been incredible this year given the circumstances, even if the results do not show it.

Not his fault we do not have a natural goal scorer, you don't find many on a free transfer that would sign on embargo restricted wages.

Yes @Davidi forgot about Cocu, if MM acted the same way during his tenure, which i see no reason why he wouldn't have, i really feel for him. It really says a lot about an owner who is prepared to pull the wool over the managers eyes.

8 minutes ago, David said:

There have been lots of managerial appointments at this level with no previous experience, Preston employed one to replace Alex Neil.

You have Corberán at Huddersfield, 

Scott Parker, at Fulham, now with Bournemouth and Swansea brought Steve Cooper in so it's not like he wouldn't get another job at this level based off experience, which he now has more than the above when they were appointed.

Also don't believe he should take a wage cut, sure he's rich and could work for the next 20 years without stepping foot in Aldi or Primark, but he signed a contract and that should be honoured. 

Would be an unbelievable gesture if he did, but should not be expected. 

Let's not forget he did lead the talks which saw a 50% wage deferral during the pandemic. Some may argue that should have been a cut, although how many of us volunteered any kind of wage cut during the pandemic? Very few I suspect.

Rooney got the job by default simply because we are skint. His record is appalling and he would have been sacked a long time ago if we could afford sack.

Personally if he can sit there taking £90,000 a week when we could go bust they that shows his true character.

I congratulate him on leading the talks for the wage deferral.

I still believe he wouldn’t of got another opportunity elsewhere as a manager. Perhaps an assistant or coach.

Parker was given the job at Fulham as a stop gap as they got relegated from the Premier League. He did reasonably well so they kept him on and he them got them promoted.
Steve Cooper has years of coaching experience at club and international level. So the step up to manager was inevitable if he wanted it.

Corberan has been a manager elsewhere and most recently at Leeds under 23 manager.

Other than us Rooney has no experience and barely had his badges before being handed our job.

We let go a more experienced person in Gary Bowyer.

2 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

Rooney got the job by default simply because we are skint. His record is appalling and he would have been sacked a long time ago if we could afford sack.

Personally if he can sit there taking £90,000 a week when we could go bust they that shows his true character.

I still believe he wouldn’t of got another opportunity elsewhere as a manager. Perhaps an assistant or coach.

Parker was given the job at Fulham as a stop gap as they got relegated from the Premier League. He did reasonably well so they kept him on and he them got them promoted.
Steve Cooper has years of coaching experience at club and international level. So the step up to manager was inevitable if he wanted it.

Corberan has been a manager elsewhere and most recently at Leeds under 23 manager.

Other than us Rooney has no experience and barely had his badges before being handed our job.

That's probably why we finished up with Rooney,being gullible (if that's the right word) in believing what the owner tells him. Bowyer on the other hand being more experienced might have seen through MM

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

That's probably why we finished up with Rooney,being gullible (if that's the right word) in believing what the owner tells him. Bowyer on the other hand being more experienced might have seen through MM

What's Bowyers record then?

13 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

You say we got Rooney as we are skint, then go on to claim he's being paid 90k a week?

I've seen so many numbers thrown around as well as suggestions he's being paid fully by 32Red, truth is, none of us will really know the contract he has.

I do struggle to believe and would be surprised if we was paying him 90k a week as manager though. 

As for the other managers, sure some had coaching history previously, however in terms of first team management they were inexperienced.

I'm sure if we went through the history books or if others have better memories than myself, the list would be a lot longer, we're not the only club to have appointed inexperienced managers.

I also for what it's worth don't think experience is any kind of guarantee, look at Forest under Hughton.