Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

26 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

With all due respect, David, it doesn’t really matter who the manager is now, does it? What happens on the pitch has been made irrelevant by the actions of the owner. 

I obviously don’t think we can bring in a “new” manager. It would just have to be one of the current coaches who is OK to have a significantly lower salary than your man, Wayne. 

Is a manager on wages like Rooneys an appropriate appointment at a time like this? It wasn’t before administration, it sure as hell won’t be now.

The administrators will be looking to find a buyer for the club as soon as possible. A club with Wayne Rooney at the helm would probably be an easier sell than if one of the coaches is running the show. I quite rightly have no idea what Wayne Rooney earns, I would imagine nobody else on this forum does  either.

I do think the first part of your post is a worrying attitude. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

we are averaging a point per game before injuries and suspensions hit our small squad that is full of youngsters and old players so we're not exactly off to a great start.  To get to safety from -5 at this point would require 52 points from 39 games something that doesn't look remotely likely. The additional 9 that i'd imagine the EFL still want to kick in would seal it. 

Come on, you've been watching the game long enough to know the season has just started, you can't base the full seasons potential points total from the first 7 games.

Look at Forest, I guarantee you they won't finish the season on single digit points.

IF a buyer is waiting in the wings, we can be out of admin by January, allowed to bring in a striker some how, who knows? 

Don't get me wrong, this is not going to be a piece of piss, the odds are well and truly stacked against us but that doesn't mean we simply give up. Come on now.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I still remember the discussions on the board when he was rumoured to be appointed.. it's been a love in from day 1 and that's fine. I just don't share the perspective and don't understand it. 

I was open to the idea, just as I was with Frank Lampard, if we're talking of love in's then I would kick Rooney out of bed for a cuddle with Frank any day of the week.

Liking the idea and wanting to see a bloke given a fair chance is not a love in, likewise I'm sure you don't hate the bloke, you just don't think he's the right man for the job.

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interestingly, Wayne has raised £21 million tonight by liquidating his image rights company. Is he accumulating funds to buy the club? 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-set-pocket-around-25012530.amp?__twitter_impression=true

One option for an administrator is to sack Rooney and eg promote Wassall, even make say Curtis player manager. The jury is still out on Rooney’s abilities as a manager so he will want to do everything to avoid that. It’s a long shot but it would be surprising if he has not considered putting a group together 

8 minutes ago, David said:

It's not a game, it's a fact, I do not know how much any player or staff member earns at the club.

If you do then please enlighten me as I would genuinely be interested.

The point is that we can make a reasonable guess as to which of our staff members get paid the most. Yes, of course no one knows the actual figures, but it really isn't unreasonable for people to assume that one of the highest profile figures in world football is probably being paid quite handsomely relative to most Derby employees.

8 minutes ago, David said:

It's not a game, it's a fact, I do not know how much any player or staff member earns at the club.

If you do then please enlighten me as I would genuinely be interested.

The fact is the top earners wil be up for negotiations first. 

That means Rooney. 

I'm off to watch the game anyway. The whole thing pisses me off so much that I can't just watch my team. Ans to think that my views were called unreasonable for suggesting why the ticket office was closed a few weeks ago makes me laugh. 

It's like banging your head on a wall

Mel must be the first chairman to snake his way through to administration with not a single protest against him. 

17 minutes ago, David said:

Come on, you've been watching the game long enough to know the season has just started, you can't base the full seasons potential points total from the first 7 games.

Look at Forest, I guarantee you they won't finish the season on single digit points.

IF a buyer is waiting in the wings, we can be out of admin by January, allowed to bring in a striker some how, who knows? 

Don't get me wrong, this is not going to be a piece of piss, the odds are well and truly stacked against us but that doesn't mean we simply give up. Come on now.

Well said David!! With no hope or fight, what is the point?

7 minutes ago, David said:

If a buyer is waiting in the wings it’s just possible we might not actually go into administration. 

MSD may now drive all this. And they may have told the board that before they got involved publicly, the board needed to file notice of intent, so that people did not see  MSD as the villain. 

Just now, Anon said:

The point is that we can make a reasonable guess as to which of our staff members get paid the most. Yes, of course no one knows the actual figures, but it really isn't unreasonable for people to assume that one of the highest profile figures in world football is probably being paid quite handsomely relative to most Derby employees.

Are 32Red subsidising it still, if so, how much?

Without knowing this I would say yeah it's pretty impossible to call it. I'm guessing when the accounts are published will reveal the answers. 

In normal circumstances I would possibly jump on board with the easy, yeah he's the biggest earner, but it's not.

1 hour ago, David said:

As I just replied in another post, -5, 10pts from safety, that could be 7 by the end of the day. That's not a write off.

If they slap the other 9 on then yeah, that becomes a task that would be too much.

Hopefully the admin process can be completed by January by which point Bielik and CKR will be back.

I just don't believe that right now, as of today this season is over, and I hope the players share that belief.

As for Rooney's wages again, it came from the Sun, DET rehashed it, credited the Sun. I just have a hard time believing they would have the figures of his contract.

The biggest risk is the club won't be able to fulfill its fixtures.  Assets will be sold and we won't be able to a team out . Admin with this many games to play is insanity.  

As for staying up, that's finished. No hope. Staying in business is the worry.

17 minutes ago, ramit said:

The manager learns the horrid news on Sky?  Disgraceful.

Very good from Rooney. The fans deserve some honesty and he and @Owen87ITK seem are doing their best. I stick up for the others on some things, but their cavalier disregard for the fans, whatever the circumstances, has been very poor indeed. 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The biggest risk is the club won't be able to fulfill its fixtures.  Assets will be sold and we won't be able to a team out . Admin with this many games to play is insanity.  

As for staying up, that's finished. No hope. Staying in business is the worry.

We could definitely stay up, you seriously think being good enough to finish 13th - 14th is an impossibility with our squad because I don't? We will need 57-61 points which is an average midtable finish. 

Even if we get another 9 points added on it will be very hard but not impossible if we can add a striker in January +Bielik has an impact like last season. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

10 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

We need some kind of promotion form for the rest of the season, but if Wayne can pull this off he'd be one of the most legendary figures at the club in recent history. 

Why would we need promotion form? Last season we could have finished as low as 16th with a 12 points deduction and still survived.