Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

We are going to need him but with a big points deduction he might just think it's a futile exercise.  I imagine he is shocked as anyone else and i just wonder if MM had the courtesy to tell him before the news broke

I wonder the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he is just as blindsided as us. A damning indictment of our club that we can even fathom that our manager might not have known

In his interview earlier, he said if it was going to be anymore than a 9 point deduction, we would struggle. With the pace of events this evening, it was clear something was happening. Surely he must have known at that point, just a few hours before it breaking? 

Sadly if the administrators are coming in to cut costs, he'll be one of the first out the door. I can see tomorrow being his last game in charge, sadly.

What a complete and utter shambles. 

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Interestingly, Wayne has raised £21 million tonight by liquidating his image rights company. Is he accumulating funds to buy the club? 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-set-pocket-around-25012530.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Probably going to shove it in the bank and put his slippers on for 40 years

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I agree, but could he go on £500 a week so the groundsmen, tea ladies and office staff keep their jobs.

For a serious answer, of course you have a valid point. Mel is quite rightly getting pelters tonight but Rooney is also a multimillionaire

That said, he never took on the burden of football club ownership only to bail out of responsibilities when the going got tough and some of his vast wealth started to deplete.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

For a serious answer, of course you have a valid point. Mel is quite rightly getting pelters tonight but Rooney is also a multimillionaire

That said, he never took on the burden of football club ownership only to bail out of responsibilities when the going got tough and some of his vast wealth started to deplete.

I'm not suggesting he is at fault, but it would be a legendary gesture.

5 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Indeed. Transfer window is closed, so can’t sell anyone to raise cash.

So the next step is to go for the high earners and get shot of them. Rooney’s wage bill is rumored to be substantial, so would be the obvious first stop, then I imagine Wassall promoted from within 

Wassall may have been let go, he was removed as a director from the academy last week

p%2BhuNhYEBefh88nHptMu4NEA==&X-Amz-Signe

Edited by Ash_SJ

1 hour ago, sage said:

I agree, but could he go on £500 a week so the groundsmen, tea ladies and office staff keep their jobs.

I would imagine he'll just go without severance and lodge a claim for a few million with the official receiver in a few months when we have no buyer, as will the poor buggers on 200 quid a week.  They might get a tenner sometime in the 12 months. I imagine if Wassall's gone it was an agreed figure for years of service before the poo hit the fan.  Behind the façade this has probably been coming for a while.