Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I don’t know what he’s on wages wise, but he’s going to be one of the clubs higher earners.

So unless a takeover is near then we are in wage reduction or leave territory. The administrators will be looking at the numbers and the high earners will be the first targets.

I imagine they will look as to who is best qualified to take charge whilst in admin. Rosenior has is coaching badges doesn't he,has Rooney got his yet.

10 minutes ago, David said:

So after we thank Wayne for his generosity having slated him for the best part of a year, we then look to appoint a manager that's experienced, will accept a low wage, no joining fee, agree to work with the staff we have, £0 transfer budget, at worse 2 year transfer embargo whilst also having no idea who his boss will be.

Not sure the queue would be that long if I'm honest.

Appreciate you're not his biggest fan, but the timing is dreadful for a change of manager.

The best we would possibly do is to give it Rosenior until the end of the season bringing in no additional staff.

With all due respect, David, it doesn’t really matter who the manager is now, does it? What happens on the pitch has been made irrelevant by the actions of the owner. 

I obviously don’t think we can bring in a “new” manager. It would just have to be one of the current coaches who is OK to have a significantly lower salary than your man, Wayne. 

Is a manager on wages like Rooneys an appropriate appointment at a time like this? It wasn’t before administration, it sure as hell won’t be now.

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

With all due respect, David, it doesn’t really matter who the manager is now, does it? What happens on the pitch has been made irrelevant by the actions of the owner. 

I obviously don’t think we can bring in a “new” manager. It would just have to be one of the current coaches who is OK to have a significantly lower salary than your man, Wayne. 

Is a manager on wages like Rooneys an appropriate appointment at a time like this? It wasn’t before administration, it sure as hell won’t be now.

Of course it matters who the manager is, you don't just write off the season, season ticket holders deserve to see a team give it their all for the remainder of the season.

Rooney's wages keep getting brought up, but it's just rumoured numbers, I can't sit here and agree we need him to walk as he's on too much money without a clue what his contract even is.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Of course it matters who the manager is, you don't just write off the season, season ticket holders deserve to see a team give it their all for the remainder of the season.

Rooney's wages keep getting brought up, but it's just rumoured numbers, I can't sit here and agree we need him to walk as he's on too much money without a clue what his contract even is.

Mel has just written off the season. Done. Gone. Finished. As a competition. Fans and players who are left can still give their all. But it's over. 

Name me someone you think Rooney earns less than. If you're struggling, I'd suggest that would probably mean he would be the first target to enter formal negotiations with. 

Rooney really needs to go. He can't achieve anything now. A certain relegation season where we will be lucky not to be relegated as the worst team in second flight history. A two year transfer embargo so he will never be able to build a side. Administrators selling assets, meaning we are now in a cycle where we are replacing our top talent for freebies in a certain wage bracket. 

He's got to a point now where he can leave with a certain degree of respect. I think that would've been difficult last season, but now he can move on.

I really like the players here, not for their quality (of course) but the spirit they've shown is admirable. I truly hope all of them get to move on and find a better place to play. 

Let Rooney move on and depending on the situation, give someone a chance of managing the club who otherwise wouldn't. It could be a good chance for Curtis Davies to get on the ladder. Darren Wassall maybe, too, although looks like he's left.

12 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I imagine they will look as to who is best qualified to take charge whilst in admin. Rosenior has is coaching badges doesn't he,has Rooney got his yet.

It’ll be firstly all on wages if only Rooney goes from the management side then yes Rosenior would be next in line to take over.

However if Rooney and Rosenior go due to wages, then they will probably look to promote a lower wage from with the coaching staff or Wassall or Mac (if either are still here and aren’t let go). After that they would be then looking for out of work managers willing to take the wages and budget on offer. 

Obviously if a takeover is closer than we believe then they may keep Rooney on.

11 minutes ago, David said:

You don’t just write off a season? Mel Morris has just done that. 

I’ll say again: IF he is earning that rumoured amount (this was what Ed Dawes said yesterday) then he has got to go. Administrators will know that. No way on earth this club will be able to afford him anymore. 

If I were Rooney I'd walk away now and my pride and honour and professional reputation would still be in tact.

No one could blame him with the mess that's being handed down from our so called chairman. 

At least he could go with some personal dignity rather then the gutless way Morris has abdicated total responsibility for the mismanagement of the football club.

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Mel has just written off the season. Done. Gone. Finished. As a competition. Fans and players who are left can still give their all. But it's over. 

Name me someone you think Rooney earns less than. If you're struggling, I'd suggest that would probably mean he would be the first target to enter formal negotiations with. 

-5 points, which would put us 10 points from safety isn't a write off, I seriously hope the players do not share your view that it is.

It's not just Rooney's contract I don't know, I don't know any of the players contracts, I suspect you don't either so I could say Lawrence and we wouldn't even know.

As I've said earlier, we don't know if 32 Red are still subsidising his wages and are in line with the rest of the squad. 

I get it, he's the big name, must be on the most money but I'm going to need more than some journalist at the Sun to convince me we're currently playing 90k a week which is where all this has come from.

So multi millionaire Morris walks away because he says its costing him every month whilst canteen staff, academy staff, cleaners etc etc will now worry they can't pay there mortgage next month......such a top bloke ......it makes my blood boil to think we sang his praises thinking his stewardship and fact he was a fan would make us trust in whatever he done for DCFC......?

Edited by S8TY

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You have no idea that is true. If you listened to the Rio Ferdy video, or read media articles etc you will see that we are to blame for what has been an incredibly difficult management start for Rooney.

He has lots of positives that will be considered, including as can be seen from the start of this season, how well he can do with youth and free agents/loans. That will easily be attractive to many clubs at this level.

his dire win to game ratio is going to be a hard sell. I'm not the first one to mention the problem with a desire of associations with celebrities. Oh yes the ferdinand video... he's like the ken burns of the footballing world don't you know. As I said he's been put in a difficult position and I think he should stay for continuity it doesn't change the fact he never should have been appointed or brought to the club in the first place. 

43 minutes ago, David said:

Which part, assuming you are talking about Lampard and Rooney?

Struggling to understand how any of this can be down to these two appointments.

You don't think appoint two high profile but inexperienced ex-players one of which spent big money on unusable future assets and our current manager rumoured to be on massive money hasn't been a problem financially? I'm struggling to understand your positioning on what I posted as the post was supportive but maybe it was not up to your love in with wayne standards though. 

11 minutes ago, David said:

To an administrator it really won’t matter unless a takeover is near. It’ll be along the lines of. 

Here’s what the club is now going to paying for a manager and this is what’s happening with the budget for playing staff.

If you want to stay Mr Rooney then this is what you have. If he walks then  we are promoting from within first, then if we can’t we will look for someone that will take on the constraints we are offering.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

I’ll say again: IF he is earning that rumoured amount (this was what Ed Dawes said yesterday) then he has got to go. Administrators will know that. No way on earth this club will be able to afford him anymore. 

As I just replied in another post, -5, 10pts from safety, that could be 7 by the end of the day. That's not a write off.

If they slap the other 9 on then yeah, that becomes a task that would be too much.

Hopefully the admin process can be completed by January by which point Bielik and CKR will be back.

I just don't believe that right now, as of today this season is over, and I hope the players share that belief.

As for Rooney's wages again, it came from the Sun, DET rehashed it, credited the Sun. I just have a hard time believing they would have the figures of his contract.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

You don't think appoint two high profile but inexperienced ex-players one of which spent big money on unusable future assets and our current manager rumoured to be on massive money hasn't been a problem financially? I'm struggling to understand your positioning on what I posted as the post was supportive but maybe it was not up to your love in with wayne standards though. 

No I don't.

I also have no "love in" with Wayne, I just think some people are being incredibly harsh towards him and the job he has had. 

Thankfully this doesn't extend to inside the stadium as his name has been sang throughout every game this season.

1 minute ago, David said:

-5 points, which would put us 10 points from safety isn't a write off, I seriously hope the players do not share your view that it is.

It's not just Rooney's contract I don't know, I don't know any of the players contracts, I suspect you don't either so I could say Lawrence and we wouldn't even know.

As I've said earlier, we don't know if 32 Red are still subsidising his wages and are in line with the rest of the squad. 

I get it, he's the big name, must be on the most money but I'm going to need more than some journalist at the Sun to convince me we're currently playing 90k a week which is where all this has come from.

That's fine. You play the game that you don't know what anyone earns. We all know Rooney will be asked to leave, Lawrence will be flogged and Bielik too due to outstanding future payments. 

After that, there's really not much savings to be made on a small bunch of low earners and youth players. So the likes of Knight, Bird and Sibley will be up next due to transfer value. 

We've won 2 in the last 22 games. We can't sign anyone, we will only get weaker. And that's if the points deductions don't start mounting up. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

There is no point Administrators getting rid of him unless he agrees to go and waives his contract. He has a contract that has to be honoured if he insists on it, something classed by the EFL as a footballing debt. Putting him on gardening leave is not really an option.  I hope he stays, and agrees voluntarily to a reduction of salary commensurate with the average wage paid to Managers in the Championship.  He deserves to see this season/his contracted period out, and let’s see how he galvanises the team given all the restrictions that will be put upon him.

Worst time for a change in manager! Rooneys a fighter and thats what we need! Try and insulate the players from all this off field crap, where possible and try and stay in the championship! 

Also Rooneys name gets us a lot of publisity like it or not and might be appealing to a potential new owner!

Edited by De22Ram

As I just replied in another post, -5, 10pts from safety, that could be 7 by the end of the day. That's not a write off.

If they slap the other 9 on then yeah, that becomes a task that would be too much.

Hopefully the admin process can be completed by January by which point Bielik and CKR will be back.

I just don't believe that right now, as of today this season is over, and I hope the players share that belief.

As for Rooney's wages again, it came from the Sun, DET rehashed it, credited the Sun. I just have a hard time believing they would have the figures of his contract.

we are averaging a point per game before injuries and suspensions hit our small squad that is full of youngsters and old players so we're not exactly off to a great start.  To get to safety from -5 at this point would require 52 points from 39 games something that doesn't look remotely likely. The additional 9 that i'd imagine the EFL still want to kick in would seal it. 

Just now, Norman said:

That's fine. You play the game that you don't know what anyone earns. We all know Rooney will be asked to leave, Lawrence will be flogged and Bielik too due to outstanding future payments. 

After that, there's really not much savings to be made on a small bunch of low earners and youth players. So the likes of Knight, Bird and Sibley will be up next due to transfer value. 

We've won 2 in the last 22 games. We can't sign anyone, we will only get weaker. And that's if the points deductions don't start mounting up. 

It's not a game, it's a fact, I do not know how much any player or staff member earns at the club.

If you do then please enlighten me as I would genuinely be interested.

No I don't.

I also have no "love in" with Wayne, I just think some people are being incredibly harsh towards him and the job he has had. 

Thankfully this doesn't extend to inside the stadium as his name has been sang throughout every game this season.

I still remember the discussions on the board when he was rumoured to be appointed.. it's been a love in from day 1 and that's fine. I just don't share the perspective and don't understand it.