Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

You just give up the season if you want that’s your prerogative but none of the players management or fans at the game yesterday are giving up that easy

Great point! I mean, it’s complete and utter nonsense that has absolutely nothing to do with what I actually said…but great point!

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

You’re nothing if not consistent, Roy ?

Out of interest, if and when we go into administration, do you think an employee at the club earning 90-100K should maybe take a pay cut?

I don't think you know what Rooney earns. If football debts have to be paid and Keogh and Cocu get theirs why on earth would you not expect Rooney to not be paid his? Could it be that's because you don't like Rooney?! ?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think you know what Rooney earns. If football debts have to be paid and Keogh and Cocu get theirs why on earth would you not expect Rooney to not be paid his? Could it be that's because you don't like Rooney?! ?

I could get into a discussion with you about Rooney, but I’ve got other more productive things to do with my day such as smashing my head against a wall and painting the garden fence wit my toothbrush!

Edited by Nuwtfly

On 18/09/2021 at 13:10, Leeds Ram said:

we are averaging a point per game before injuries and suspensions hit our small squad that is full of youngsters and old players so we're not exactly off to a great start.  To get to safety from -5 at this point would require 52 points from 39 games something that doesn't look remotely likely. The additional 9 that i'd imagine the EFL still want to kick in would seal it. 

So you have given up, lots of us haven’t 

50 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's about being realistic. The players have obviously got to keep going and try to get results but I can't see us beating off a 12 point let alone a 21 point deduction. 

Over recent seasons, 3rd bottom has finished with between 40 points (15/16) and 51 points (16/17)
The average over 20 years being 45.5, but the general trend is that figure decreasing (44.4 over the last 10 years).

Using the 20 year average and adding 12 points on, means 57.5 points over the season... which is currently exactly what our ppg is currently.
Knight only just returning to the squad, Kazim and Bielik still to come back. A young squad improving and gaining confidence as the season progresses... I see no reason we we couldn't stay up.

16 points (as hinted at by Mel) would be moving into the realm of being tricky but not impossible. Anything more than that and it becomes a task of ensuring the admin points are applied to this one, rather than next season in L1.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Over recent seasons, 3rd bottom has finished with between 40 points (15/16) and 51 points (16/17)
The average over 20 years being 45.5, but the general trend is that figure decreasing (44.4 over the last 10 years).

Using the 20 year average and adding 12 points on, means 57.5 points over the season... which is currently exactly what our ppg is currently.
Knight only just returning to the squad, Kazim and Bielik still to come back. A young squad improving and gaining confidence as the season progresses... I see no reason we we couldn't stay up.

16 points (as hinted at by Mel) would be moving into the realm of being tricky but not impossible. Anything more than that and it becomes a task of ensuring the admin points are applied to this one, rather than next season in L1.

I mostly agree althought I think even 12 points will be tricky to overcome, doable but tricky. A lot depends on that front about how the players are affected by it mentally.

The other caveat to this is it assumes that we get taken over quickly i.e before January because if we aren't then we get asset stripped in January and from there all hope probably goes.

19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don’t think Cocu or Keogh are classed as football debts. I also think Rooney will waive a hefty slice of his salary in order to stay on. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's about being realistic. The players have obviously got to keep going and try to get results but I can't see us beating off a 12 point let alone a 21 point deduction. 

You say the players have to keep going and try to get results but actually they don’t, they could just go through the motions till January or till there contracts run out. So far that doesn’t seem to be the case and now is the time that everybody that supports this club gets behind them 100%and that’s what I’ll be doing. What you do is your choice 

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

You say the players have to keep going and try to get results but actually they don’t, they could just go through the motions till January or till there contracts run out. So far that doesn’t seem to be the case and now is the time that everybody that supports this club gets behind them 100%and that’s what I’ll be doing. What you do is your choice 

how does thinking ultimately we'll go down due to a points deduction mean that I'm not supporting the club? I've been to 5 of the 9 games this year (including Hull on a midweek night) and am getting tickets to sheffield too. I just have a different perspective to others. 

59 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

if we think we need 45 (I'd say 47 to be safe) then the 12 that's 59 and a possible further 9 point penalty then that'll 68 which we're not going to get. I'd be surprised if we hit high 50's by the end of the year.  A young squad aided by ageing veterans that is extremely thin on the ground means that the beginning of the season is likely to be when we're at our most competitive. I can easily see us struggling more than we currently are as the games start piling up and the inevitable injuries, fatigue and suspensions start to hit. Other clubs with greater depth will be able to rotate more and this will really start to tell with 15-20 games to go. 

13 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

how does thinking ultimately we'll go down due to a points deduction mean that I'm not supporting the club? I've been to 5 of the 9 games this year (including Hull on a midweek night) and am getting tickets to sheffield too. I just have a different perspective to others. 

Actually we’ve had ten games, there is a big difference between thinking we might go down, which everyone accepts, and not trying to do something about it which you implied in your original post 

15 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Actually we’ve had ten games, there is a big difference between thinking we might go down, which everyone accepts, and not trying to do something about it which you implied in your original post 

I simply stated that I can't see us surviving because I can't. Obviously, the mindset for the players has to be different from mine but honestly I can't really see us getting the required points with a threadbare squad. This doesn't make me any worse or better than any other supporter, it's simply my perspective on the current state of affairs on the pitch.