v Salford (H) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I turned on at 2-0 and actually think we’ve been pretty good in the bits I’ve seen

What are people expecting? Some of them are actual children

If your name is Melvin, you're expecting the 8th best group of academy players in the whole country to win this easily and get us to midtable safety in the leaghe

Everyone else was expecting this. 

Edited by Norman

Fair bit of character shown by the lads there..2 down in quick time but grew into the game and deserved the goal..they need to learn quick its a sharp curve in the position we are in..all power to them let's hope they come out 2nd half with belief they can win this..

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

See this is interesting to me because usually that's not how you'd see Watson getting described. I'm not watching tonight but if as it sounds like Watson is playing as one of the two DMs then what's curious is he isn't the first to be put in that position and be accused of what you've mentioned. I do wonder if the 4231 is artificially restrictive in this regard.

That's definitely what I think about 4-2-3-1. Since I posted I think Watson has been better and more forward thinking. I wonder if it's partly the pressure of having a crowd in the ground, not being prepared to constantly see players whose first thought is to protect the ball and turn backwards, and it forces the players to do the right thing.

The Rams formation is actually quite fluid, hence Hutchinson bagging one. Sibley started on the right but just hot the woodwork running through on the left. A good end to the half.