Jozwiak- is it time to go?

simmoram1995

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Also he is a bit behind the curve on match fitness as returned later to training. He’s got quality, which is why he played for Poland in the World Cup. I sometimes despair at some of the nonsense spouted on this Forum, first game of the season FFS.

Match fitness? He has had plenty of time to prepare. He just isn’t that good. If his name was Dave Smith and we had bought him for 150k from Forest Green Rovers no one would want him anywhere near the team. 
(It was the Euros he played in not the World Cup too….in the worst Poland side ever too) 

1 minute ago, whiteroseram said:

Yeah put the time into helping him adapt to a new country, improve his English language skills (both of which he told The Athletic he struggled with initially), give him game time in a league he clearly needs to do work to adapt to, then pie him off after 1 game of his 2nd season 

“Time to adapt to a new country” one of the biggest myths in football. Second only to “form goes out the window In a local Derby game”

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Match fitness? He has had plenty of time to prepare. He just isn’t that good. If his name was Dave Smith and we had bought him for 150k from Forest Green Rovers no one would want him anywhere near the team. 
(It was the Euros he played in not the World Cup too….in the worst Poland side ever too) 

Yes my mistake has already been highlighted, but thanks for pointing it out again. I will predict 6 goals and 10 assists for Joz this season, especially with his best mate returning before long. You can see how the players get slaughtered for one mistake ?.

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Yes my mistake has already been highlighted, but thanks for pointing it out again. I will predict 6 goals and 10 assists for Joz this season, especially with his best mate returning before long. You can see how the players get slaughtered for one mistake ?.

6 goals…very optimistic and more importantly not good enough at all, he needs to be hitting double figures, but he won’t get close to that. 
If It is true and Galatasaray want him then get rid…maybe see if they can take Lawrence with him too.? 

I’m not sure anyone can suggest he doesn’t work hard.  Criticise his lack of end product by all means but he’s definitely a trier.  Seems to lack a bit of confidence to me. His performances in the Euros suggest he’s talented and yesterday he was at least trying to carry the ball, something we did not do enough of.

It’s probably best to support him and provide encouragement rather than pick him to pieces.

Wish he’d have put his laces through that opportunity in the second half. 

This has to be the dumbest idea I've ever heard , are you serious? He plays well for Poland surrounded by world class players he doesn't look out of place , add the fact he's gone on record to say he struggled last year in a new country alone and then beilik getting injured being the only player he shares a common connection with at the time ,  and everyone played terrible last year lets face it and they have been playing championship football for years, his ability on the ball to hold it up and beat a man before passing is way beyond that of any other player we have currently , yes his decision making last minute has been questionable,  but if he had that in abundance currently then he wouldn't be here currently would he? Other than sibbo he's the only attacking player I see currently capable of taking on a man , he tracks back regular and grafts all game not to mention the ground he makes up with his pace to stop the other team breaking,  can we sin-bin people for uneducated silly posts??

With bigger transfer fees comes greater expectations. And lets be honest, rightfully so. I think we'd all expected more of a carvalho, knockeart, pereira impact.

But so infrequently played in his preferred position on the left, expected to play as an inside forward rather than as a winger. His end product should be dribbles and crosses for the most part, not shots.

I think we've knocked some confidence and motivation out of him right now and he'd benefit from being benched. Morrison, Lawrence and Sibley are our best options, with him providing a plan b, or impact sub.

He can definitely still come good, but right now if we could recoup what we paid with a sell on clause I'd take it. If things were different I'd be shipping him out on loan, bring a fee in and saving wages. Likely to get more for him if hes in the shop window at a team who knows how to utilise him effectively than here.

5 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

I’m not sure anyone can suggest he doesn’t work hard.  Criticise his lack of end product by all means but he’s definitely a trier.  Seems to lack a bit of confidence to me. His performances in the Euros suggest he’s talented and yesterday he was at least trying to carry the ball, something we did not do enough of.

It’s probably best to support him and provide encouragement rather than pick him to pieces.

Wish he’d have put his laces through that opportunity in the second half. 

Yes. I think he has quality and just needs to click. He played yesterday having had half a pre-season and a lot of travel and game time in June (when other players are resting). I think he’ll come good. 

Just posted this on the Transfer Forum....

We need more decent players, not less.

Last season, despite illogical substitutions, he was often our most dangerous player.

After one game this season, so many are wanting him gone.

Wingers are inconsistent, it's part of their nature, give the lad a chance when the team is fully assembled and operating at its maximum.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Last season, despite illogical substitutions, he was often our most dangerous player.

Wingers are inconsistent, it's part of their nature, give the lad a chance when the team is fully assembled and operating at its maximum.

He was often our most dangerous player? Goals and assists stats would be useful here.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

This! Honestly between some of the comments I'm seeing about him and the library attendees we had In the east stand yesterday after not being able to get in a ground in so long I'm losing the will to live with some rams fans ??

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

I thought he was great when he was playing with Bielik last season. I think that must be a factor.

Spot on. I think he’s a little isolated socially. Remember how Jim Smith signed foreign players in pairs. 
we will see him play better. Just needs some time. Hangover from Euros and not had much of a break.