Jozwiak- is it time to go?

simmoram1995

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He was often our most dangerous player? Goals and assists stats would be useful here.

If stats indicated how good a player was then players like choupa-moting wouldn't keep getting high profile moves in the world's best teams , he scored 3 in 22 for psg then got a move to bayern Munich,  stats don't reflect the actual game 9 times out of 10 , but if jozwiak done all the work then put through Lawrence and he passes it to Colin then Colin and Lawrence get the improved stats , not jozwiak and that happend quite a lot last year 

6 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

This has to be the dumbest idea I've ever heard , are you serious? He plays well for Poland surrounded by world class players he doesn't look out of place , add the fact he's gone on record to say he struggled last year in a new country alone and then beilik getting injured being the only player he shares a common connection with at the time ,  and everyone played terrible last year lets face it and they have been playing championship football for years, his ability on the ball to hold it up and beat a man before passing is way beyond that of any other player we have currently , yes his decision making last minute has been questionable,  but if he had that in abundance currently then he wouldn't be here currently would he? Other than sibbo he's the only attacking player I see currently capable of taking on a man , he tracks back regular and grafts all game not to mention the ground he makes up with his pace to stop the other team breaking,  can we sin-bin people for uneducated silly posts??

Now I agree we shouldn’t get rid but have to pull you on some points. Poland do not have world class players, they potentially have 1 that’s it. They also finished bottom of their group in the Euros getting 1 point and were extremely poor. So let’s not make out he had a good tournament, he didn’t. Yes he struggled last year and used all the excuses possible, that’s done now and as one the senior pros and better players in the team (on paper) he needs to improve and deliver for Derby County. 

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

He was often our most dangerous player? Goals and assists stats would be useful here.

As a team, we didn't score many goals so the stats will be low for all of the players.

To get an assist, you need the person set up with the chance to actually take it.

But I watched the games and, being our only main/only threat, he was often surrounded by opposition defenders. Yet still he persisted, only to be withdrawn and replaced by someone ineffectual.

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

If stats indicated how good a player was then players like choupa-moting wouldn't keep getting high profile moves in the world's best teams , he scored 3 in 22 for psg then got a move to bayern Munich,  stats don't reflect the actual game 9 times out of 10 , but if jozwiak done all the work then put through Lawrence and he passes it to Colin then Colin and Lawrence get the improved stats , not jozwiak and that happend quite a lot last year 

Choupa- Moting? Is that part of the Hyundai range?

Whoa,let's slow down here!

We have done this before,condeming players and getting rid of them because the manager has struggled to get the best out of them(and this is a frequent thing,not every player suits their managers style of play)

But,we need to remember that we change managers even more often than some change their pants and the next guys coaching and tactics may suit joz more.

There's a fantastic player in there,it just needs unlocking as it has been on international duty and at his home clubs where he played previously.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Just now, TexasRam said:

Now I agree we shouldn’t get rid but have to pull you on some points. Poland do not have world class players, they potentially have 1 that’s it. They also finished bottom of their group in the Euros getting 1 point and were extremely poor. So let’s not make out he had a good tournament, he didn’t. Yes he struggled last year and used all the excuses possible, that’s done now and as one the senior pros and better players in the team (on paper) he needs to improve and deliver for Derby County. 

Don't have world class players? Other than Ronaldo and Messi they have the best striker In the world with lewandowski  , probably the best goalkeeper in the serie a in schzeny,  zeilinski from napoli , milik is a prolific top flight striker , so i disagree although i agree they had a poor tournament they certainly do have several great players , he also assisted 1 of only 4 goals they scored in the tournament and clocked in as the fastest player in the tournament with a speed of over 30km/h , anything else?

7 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Don't have world class players? Other than Ronaldo and Messi they have the best striker In the world with lewandowski  , probably the best goalkeeper in the serie a in schzeny,  zeilinski from napoli , milik is a prolific top flight striker , so i disagree although i agree they had a poor tournament they certainly do have several great players , he also assisted 1 of only 4 goals they scored in the tournament and clocked in as the fastest player in the tournament with a speed of over 30km/h , anything else?

Yep they potentially have 1 world class player no more, you said surrounded by them, he wasn’t. He assisted 1 of only 4 goals they scored, for an attacking player playing with a world class player doesn’t that back up my argument he had a poor tournament. Great, fastest player in the tournament, so? What point does that prove? 

15 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yep they potentially have 1 world class player no more, you said surrounded by them, he wasn’t. He assisted 1 of only 4 goals they scored, for an attacking player playing with a world class player doesn’t that back up my argument he had a poor tournament. Great, fastest player in the tournament, so? What point does that prove? 

I've just mentioned several world class players , a juventus goalkeeper that's the best in the league is a world class player for a start,  not to mention the others I mentioned that have had many years of champions league experience which jozwiak hasn't,  you take a squad of 23 players to the euros and only 3 players had assists in the tournament for Poland and he was one of them so you could argue he was one of their better creative players ?‍♂️ I dont see why you're finding the need to be pedantic and say things that are just blatantly not true , its embarrassing 

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

I've just mentioned several world class players , a juventus goalkeeper that's the best in the league is a world class player for a start,  not to mention the others I mentioned that have had many years of champions league experience which jozwiak hasn't,  you take a squad of 23 players to the euros and only 3 players had assists in the tournament for Poland and he was one of them so you could argue he was one of their better creative players ?‍♂️ I dont see why you're finding the need to be pedantic and say things that are just blatantly not true , its embarrassing 

Because they are not true, world class players there are probably 5 max currently.  Apart from Lewanddowski none of who you mentioned are, but you quoted Joz was surrounded by them. He didn’t have a good tournament, a good tournament would of meant Poland got further in the competition Joz would have scored a couple and assisted more than one. He may well of been one of their better creative players but that’s like saying he’s one of ours also, but that because we don’t have any others hence I’d keep him. 

I think my argument is let’s not butter him up on his international standing because that’s not great either although people have made it out to be without actually looking at the facts. However he’s one of our better senior pros and need to him to start acting like it. 

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Because they are not true, world class players there are probably 5 max currently.  Apart from Lewanddowski none of who you mentioned are, but you quoted Joz was surrounded by them. He didn’t have a good tournament, a good tournament would of meant Poland got further in the competition Joz would have scored a couple and assisted more than one. He may well of been one of their better creative players but that’s like saying he’s one of ours also, but that because we don’t have any others hence I’d keep him. 

I think my argument is let’s not butter him up on his international standing because that’s not great either although people have made it out to be without actually looking at the facts. However he’s one of our better senior pros and need to him to start acting like it. 

Clearly its not even worth arguing with you if you think there is only 5 world class players in the world currently when you have players like haaland,  de bruyne ,bappe , Messi and Ronaldo, lukaku , harry kane , and half of the bayern team are world class as are many others , probably close to 20 players that are world class , Ronaldo went out the game after the groups so because Portugal didn't get far does that mean he had a bad tournament? Poland should of progressed from their group stage but that doesn't mean 1 player in that team had a bad tournament because of it , can't belive im even entertaining these silly statements,  you do realise the golden boot winner only had 1 assist with 6 goals and is regarded as arguably the best player to have graced the game? Certainly in the top 3 , so if jozwiak was to have 3 goals in the 4 games he played he would probably be worth 60 million and wouldn't be playing against Huddersfield would he ?‍♂️ seriously what is wrong with you ?

16 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Clearly its not even worth arguing with you if you think there is only 5 world class players in the world currently when you have players like haaland,  de bruyne ,bappe , Messi and Ronaldo, lukaku , harry kane , and half of the bayern team are world class as are many others , probably close to 20 players that are world class , Ronaldo went out the game after the groups so because Portugal didn't get far does that mean he had a bad tournament? Poland should of progressed from their group stage but that doesn't mean 1 player in that team had a bad tournament because of it , can't belive im even entertaining these silly statements,  you do realise the golden boot winner only had 1 assist with 6 goals and is regarded as arguably the best player to have graced the game? Certainly in the top 3 , so if jozwiak was to have 3 goals in the 4 games he played he would probably be worth 60 million and wouldn't be playing against Huddersfield would he ?‍♂️ seriously what is wrong with you ?

Clearly it’s not worth debating if you think  he had a good tournament though and think Poland team is full of world class players. Deluded 

Joz for me is technically our best player. Unfortunately, he has the kicking power of a schoolboy and unless he rectifies this, I don't expect him to be able to score more than a few goals all season.

And when you take up one of the forward positions in a team who struggles for goals, we can ill afford such a player.

If it's genetics and he simply can't generate more striking power, he may need to consider changing position.