Derby County Vs Notts County pre season friendly Meadow Lane 1st August 1 pm k.o.

Tyler Durden

4 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Still why is Ebosele not playing on the wing?? Byrne RB???

Great run to win a penalty!

The thing is 

The higher up the pitch u play the more attention u come under .. if ur starting from deep it gives u license and clearer picture of where the space is to exploit 

Playing higher up the pitch with a defender up ur arse is a totally different proposition to playing from deep with everything infront of u 

there’s a back catalogue of quick winger type full backs who u think can they play higher up due to their feet , speed and technique .. truth is it’s a totally different ball game 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

The thing is 

The higher up the pitch u play the more attention u come under .. if ur starting from deep it gives u license and clearer picture of where the space is to exploit 

Playing higher up the pitch with a defender up ur arse is a totally different proposition to playing from deep with everything infront of u 

there’s a back catalogue of quick winger type full backs who u think can they play higher up due to their feet , speed and technique .. truth is it’s a totally different ball game 

Ok they all mark Ebosele and then we have Byrne also making the runs past him ? double trouble.

hopefully this could become a thing during the season...

1 minute ago, David said:

Young lads did well. Second half dropped off the pace, mistakes crept in but job done. Minutes in the legs and a win. Never say no to a win regardless of the opposition.

I’ll turn the forum off now, do our bit for climate change, be dead on here tonight ?

When will you switch it back on lol ? 

Things to take from today's game...

Defence: sign Jags and/or Davies and that's a solid back line for the year. Cashin has the physical attributes to play and I'd expect playing alongside the older heads he'll only improve. 

Midfield: Hutchinson looks a tidy player, Watson to grow into the role. Signing Carroll and/or Ravel and our midfield is probably as strong as it has been for a few years. 

Forwards: absolutely crying out for a hold up striker. Stretton looks good but he'll play alongside CKR rather than instead of. Need a player for the number 9 role desperately as CKR won't be able to play a 46+ game season. Wingers seem pretty well stacked perhaps with the addition of Aluko. 

If it's true we can only sign four players then two defenders/one midfielder and one attacker might just be enough to keep us up this year. Realistically 6-8 signings are probably needed to be mid-table. 

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Really enjoyed this game. Festy is brilliant  Cashin is very promising. With the triallists we are not far off a good squad.

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider being a ‘good squad’ compared to the rest of the Championship? One capable of finishing in the top half? Top 16?

I don’t want to dampen the mood, but we really struggled towards the end of last season and our squad is weaker now going into the season.

I hope the youngsters can step up but importantly I hope the supporters in general curb expectations and show support. It would be demoralising to hear boos should we endure a tough start to the season which is probably to be expected.

8 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Is this correct? If we play one of the kids because we can’t sign players this means we are then actually not allowed to sign a player because the kid has now become of professional standing? You couldn’t make it up. 

I'm pretty sure it is. It's a catch-22 for Cashin. We won't want to play him in an official game because if we do, we won't be able to sign one of the triallists. But if we sign the triallists we won't want to play him in an official game! Hence my comment it's an odd selection today.

Of course thrilled for him that he acquitted himself well. I do like our tradition of Irish connections, currently with him, Festy and Jason Knight flying the tricolour at Derby. 

6 minutes ago, KBB said:

Sancho has got posters of Ebosele on his bedroom wall.

Louis sibley is sitting in that dressing room right now and can literally feel the weight of Derby expectation being lifted from his shoulders while all of a sudden festy is feeling 30k fans hopes, dreams  and expectations descend upon his young shoulders  ?

poor sod hasn’t a clue what he’s let himself in for lol