v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

First time back ( apart from real betis game ) went full of excitement, thought team played well on the whole and on the whole enjoyed myself .

However to the person sitting next to me I sincerely hope you will not be choosing to sit next to me all season.... Joswiak did not have a great game but calling him every name under the sun , swearing , talking about his nationality as a slur is not on. Every time he did anything wrong #@$%#$ got up and clapped when he went off " yeah get off you useless @@#$$# absolutely no need!

3 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

First time back ( apart from real betis game ) went full of excitement, thought team played well on the whole and on the whole enjoyed myself .

However to the person sitting next to me I sincerely hope you will not be choosing to sit next to me all season.... Joswiak did not have a great game but calling him every name under the sun , swearing , talking about his nationality as a slur is not on. Every time he did anything wrong #@$%#$ got up and clapped when he went off " yeah get off you useless @@#$$# absolutely no need!

You should reported that mate and got him kicked out of pp.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

You should reported that mate and got him kicked out of pp.

If I see him again I will B4 , I'm situated in the middle of a row and there is elderly people and kids on the row so it's not the easiest to get out and tell someone to be honest , if he turns up again I'll be telling them before the match has even started.

Just on the subject of the ticket office not being open and less technology savvy people potentially being put off going as they don't have smart phones or a printer, I was walking behind two old dudes to the ground when they stopped and I heard one of them say to the other that they'd dropped their online ticket printout somewhere, felt so sorry for the guy as the turnstiles I went in weren't staffed so how would he be able to prove he'd bought a ticket if he didn't have his phone on him? Hope he got in OK. 

1 minute ago, SFox1993 said:

If I see him again I will B4 , I'm situated in the middle of a row and there is elderly people and kids on the row so it's not the easiest to get out and tell someone to be honest , if he turns up again I'll be telling them before the match has even started.

His comments seem more acceptable now than they did 5 years ago unfortunately……

18 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

So what happens Tuesday? Morrison brings us up to 23 so does that mean the likes of Thompson, Cashin, Williams can’t play?

The smart money says players will be rested and some will need it…..

Bird looked like he was carrying an injury to me. CKR won’t be playing Saturday / Tuesdays (hopefully Stretton will be fit?), Lawrence may need a rest if he took a knock…

Or now we’re at 23 are we able to use academy players just like any other club?

If they stick to their own rules book and not make another up then

"The limits do not apply to cup competitions or include under-21s unless they were signed on loan"

53 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Thought we did okay today. Final third is where we need to improve.

I thought Forsyth was excellent, real outlet in terms of his aerial ability when it is pinged out to him.

Centre half pairing was steady, thought their strikers suited them however as it was a wrestling match most of the time. Be interesting when they play against a pacey striker that likes to run in behind. Think they will struggle. 

Bird okay, missing at times. Shinnie wasn’t great IMO, as we all know tackling and breaking up play is his strength. Clear to see anything technical he struggles with.

Colin held the ball up well against their giant centre half and linked up play. Watson was excellent before he came off. 

Sibley and Festy were great. Festy is a real athlete, strong and pure power and pace. Gets in the team above Jozwiak for me. He was woeful, weak and nothing about him. Hates a battle and has no winger qualities (did he even cross the ball once?) I’d sell as soon as a bid comes in from some foreign club.

Overall an enjoyable afternoon with some decent play at times. We will play better teams than Hudds however.

I thought exactly the same about shinnie today 

first half every second touch was a tackle … he seemed well off the pace in possession first half 

improved second half in that respect but totally agree with you