v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

12 minutes ago, Lander said:

I have two extra tickets for the game tomorrow, that I can't refund and can't exchange. Does anyone want them? One senior and one adult. Mobile tickets so I can just send them over. I don't really want any money for them I just don't want to leave two empty seats that can't be used.

Lovely gesture mate 

31 minutes ago, Lander said:

I have two extra tickets for the game tomorrow, that I can't refund and can't exchange. Does anyone want them? One senior and one adult. Mobile tickets so I can just send them over. I don't really want any money for them I just don't want to leave two empty seats that can't be used.

Excellent.  Seventeen thousand and two 

34 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Christ... I have tried to surpress that memory. 

Can't get my head round it. Telling him he is basically playing every week when for me he is exactly the sort of player who needs a kick up the backside not smoke blowing up it. 

Can’t imagine it would be a surprise to anybody that he’d be playing every week given we literally have about 8 senior players 

36 minutes ago, Lander said:

Hi

I have 15,000 extra tickets for the game tomorrow going spare. Does anyone want them? I don't really want any money for them so I haven't bothered opening the ticket office or phone lines. Let me know. I might take some time getting back to you though.

Mel

40 minutes ago, Lander said:

Sorted now, my mate is taking his partners Grandad. He's 90 and not been out properly since pre-covid, hopefully a decent day out for them ?

So, this is probably how we line up for Saturday I guess...

Roos

Bryne Davies Stearman Forsyth

Bird Shinnie

Jozwiak Lawrence Sibley

CKR

Not looking great for the season ahead is it? Maybe we'll name fewer players on the bench in the hope that we fill up those registered slots with other free transfers before deadline day. Another CB and a CF has to be priority if we want to make a decent fist of staying up. 

Edited by desirelines

4 minutes ago, desirelines said:

So, this is probably how we line up for Saturday I guess...

Roos

Bryne Davies Stearman Forsyth

Bird Shinnie

Jozwiak Lawrence Sibley

CKR

Not looking great for the season ahead is it? Maybe we'll name fewer players on the bench in the hope that we fill up those registered slots with other free transfers before deadline day. Another CB and a CF has to be priority if we want to make a decent fist of staying up. 

Depressing or what!! Absolutely no pace in midfield or defence apart from Byrne which means we have to sit deep which means on the odd occurrence when we have the ball we either play it around just outside our 18 yard box or we hoof it in hope. Dismal.

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Which back 4?

Byrne   Davies   Cashin   Forsyth
Byrne   Davies   Forsyth   Williams

I think the most likely is Byrne Davies Stearman Forsyth

The best I think we can put out is probably a toss up between the two mentioned and I think likely the first purely Cashin can play with an experienced head either side of him.

The psycho in me would be tempted to throw both Cashin and Williams in though and hoping to strike gold. Both looked decent in preseason, Williams especially and we might be better off getting creative rather opting for experience purely for the sake of it.

Just now, brady1993 said:

I think the most likely is Byrne Davies Stearman Forsyth

The best I think we can put out is probably a toss up between the two mentioned and I think likely the first purely Cashin can play with an experienced head either side of him.

The psycho in me would be tempted to throw both Cashin and Williams in though and hoping to strike gold. Both looked decent in preseason, Williams especially and we might be better off getting creative rather opting for experience purely for the sake of it.

Cashin and Williams in the cup. We need as many points as when can get from 'easier' league games. Davies and Stearman. Hope Buchanan is fit but if not chance for Fozzy to get forward and bomb some crosses over.

Likely lineup:

Roos 

Byrne Davies Stearman Forsyth

Shinnie  Bird

Jozwiak  Lawrence   Watson

CKR

Probable best lineup:

Roos

Bryne Davies Cashin Forsyth

Shinnie Bird 

Joziwak  Sibley   Lawrence

CKR

The "We are probably going down as things stand so shake it up and gamble on the academy coming good lineup":

Roos

Byrne  Davies  Cashin Williams

Bird 

Watson    Sibley

Jozwiak    Stretton  Lawrence