The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

To state the blee din' obvious, however much the DCFC situation was debated and (partly) explained in the SCG meeting - if some or all of the rule-breaks haven't yet been resolved - then we can't at present sign players, the stand-off between DCFC & EFL continues.

As fans, we can only decide (or not) to put all the noise and crap aside for the duration of the match and try to support the boys on the field. Points on the board is all that matters in the short term.

That seems to be the only message (so far) emerging from the meeting. The fan groups that elected to send out news morsels last night didn't have to do that; IMHO they were hasty and unwise to do so, if the collective attendees (& club) wished to put out a  summary review via Wheeler's radio spot.

The EFL still appear to have an agenda to make an example of Derby; other clubs haven't undergone 20 months of purgatory and serious legal interference from 'fellow' clubs - even when their (accounting) offences have been more serious than Derby's - and deception was evident (i.e., SWFC). That's not to absolve Messrs. Morris & Pearce for falling foul of the rules!

I would suspect that other clubs may worry about the treatment of Derby, in the context of their fate, should they fall foul of accounting problems - highly likely in the post-pandemic economic fall-out.

Then it will be time for Rick 'Pariah' Parry to become accountable for his custodianship of the EFL, and here's hoping that Tracey Crouch's review of football governance does result in sweeping changes and an independent football 'watchdog'.

So I am on holiday on Norfolk coast with terrible mobile reception and no wifi (teenagers loving it). Last had enough reception to look at this at this in the morning - is there any news before I plod through all pages or just pages and pages of panic/moaning/arguments/resignation/worry? 

Just now, CBRammette said:

So I am on holiday on Norfolk coast with terrible mobile reception and no wifi (teenagers loving it). Last had enough reception to look at this at this in the morning - is there any news before I plod through all pages or just pages and pages of panic/moaning/arguments/resignation/worry? 

No. Enjoy your family holiday, don't kill the kids.

Just now, CBRammette said:

Only the latter unfortunately…..

31 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Apparently the guy from Rams Trust is on Radio Derby again at 6pm. Maybe it might just be the same as this morning (which wasn’t much) or he’s had time to let more sink In and can divulge some more. 

Chris coles is a better sports interviewer than Twiggy so he will ask the right questions to get more out of him 

23 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

I can only assume @Davidis either taking time to construct a report for us or he’s taking a time out due to getting too much flack. 
I hope it’s not the latter and he’s ok and that we can see the best report of the meeting on this forum this evening ?

If someone has run David out of town you do know you are going to be a prime suspect.

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

NO - Still waiting on Davids update if that is what you are referring too...

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

There's no news. We may hurriedly sign players by 12 noon tomorrow if they're happy to sign contracts with no salary figures in (I doubt they will!). So, we need all the fans to turn up on saturday, support WR & the players and get an unexpected bright victory. Through the lens of 3 points, things may seem a lot better, but there's a lot of people on Twitter who "support" the Rams who are wanting to protest about it all. No point. 

Not that it may necessarily mean much, but Nixon now reckons us signing players rests on whether Morris can convince the EFL he can and will support the Club for the entire season. How he does that, I'm not too sure.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not that it may necessarily mean much, but Nixon now reckons us signing players rests on whether Morris can convince the EFL he can and will support the Club for the entire season. How he does that, I'm not too sure.

Wonder how many other clubs are required to do this?

34 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

I can only assume @Davidis either taking time to construct a report for us or he’s taking a time out due to getting too much flack. 
I hope it’s not the latter and he’s ok and that we can see the best report of the meeting on this forum this evening ?

I'm assuming at this point in time that @David, unlike the rest of us, has a life.

16 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

To state the blee din' obvious, however much the DCFC situation was debated and (partly) explained in the SCG meeting - if some or all of the rule-breaks haven't yet been resolved - then we can't at present sign players, the stand-off between DCFC & EFL continues.

As fans, we can only decide (or not) to put all the noise and crap aside for the duration of the match and try to support the boys on the field. Points on the board is all that matters in the short term.

That seems to be the only message (so far) emerging from the meeting. The fan groups that elected to send out news morsels last night didn't have to do that; IMHO they were hasty and unwise to do so, if the collective attendees (& club) wished to put out a  summary review via Wheeler's radio spot.

The EFL still appear to have an agenda to make an example of Derby; other clubs haven't undergone 20 months of purgatory and serious legal interference from 'fellow' clubs - even when their (accounting) offences have been more serious than Derby's - and deception was evident (i.e., SWFC). That's not to absolve Messrs. Morris & Pearce for falling foul of the rules!

I would suspect that other clubs may worry about the treatment of Derby, in the context of their fate, should they fall foul of accounting problems - highly likely in the post-pandemic economic fall-out.

Then it will be time for Rick 'Pariah' Parry to become accountable for his custodianship of the EFL, and here's hoping that Tracey Crouch's review of football governance does result in sweeping changes and an independent football 'watchdog'.

Unless the EFL and the Club come to an agreement.